Hey all, new forum member here; made an account just to ask this question since I can't find any information on it elsewhere.

Is the Key2 LE in Atomic (Red) going to be sold in the US? Checking the BlackBerry Mobile Global site, all three colors are shown, with a small disclaimer:

"*Device colors may vary depending on model and region. All offerings are subject to availability, which may vary depending region."

However, on the BlackBerry Mobile US site, no Atomic color is shown in any images, only Slate and Champagne.

Does anyone know if Atomic will be shipped to the US?
    09-04-18 10:23 PM
    It's purposefully not shown on the US Site... and not in Canada either. Maybe at a latter date??

Sadly I think the Atomic red is "the" color most are excited about. Probably more than a few will be importing it from Europe.
    09-05-18 07:29 AM
    I really hope so. I’d settle for the Champagne version on US release day, but I really have my heart set on Atomic. I’d be willing to wait if I knew it was coming later.
    09-05-18 07:43 AM
    It's purposefully not shown on the US Site... and not in Canada either. Maybe at a latter date??

Sadly I think the Atomic red is "the" color most are excited about. Probably more than a few will be importing it from Europe.
    They would have gotten us excited about the champagne if they gave us champagne frets...
    phuoc likes this.
    09-05-18 09:05 AM
    They would have gotten us excited about the champagne if they gave us champagne frets...
    Frets.... I think the whole keyboard ought to match the color of the body.

Red Passort was RED
    Cobalt Blue Classic was Cobalt Blue
    phuoc likes this.
    09-05-18 09:40 AM
    Frets.... I think the whole keyboard ought to match the color of the body.

Red Passort was RED
    Cobalt Blue Classic was Cobalt Blue
    I guess but it would have still been better than just the outer frame.

Right now the champagne is the least attractive option because the frets don't match, while on the slate, everything is dark-ish which makes more sense. And the atomic is the nicest for obvious reasons
    09-05-18 10:30 AM
    I guess but it would have still been better than just the outer frame.

Right now the champagne is the least attractive option because the frets don't match, while on the slate, everything is dark-ish which makes more sense. And the atomic is the nicest for obvious reasons
    I get it... you put it in a case and no one will know if it's champagne or pink. Or without a case, someone just assumes it is a case. It's just like most slab phones that come in a color, once in a case, no one can tell.
    09-05-18 10:42 AM
    I get it... you put it in a case and no one will know if it's champagne or pink. Or without a case, someone just assumes it is a case. It's just like most slab phones that come in a color, once in a case, no one can tell.
    Which is why I wonder why slab OEM's even bother with color options. Do they seriously think the user isn't gonna slap a case on a $500 + glass sandwich lol
    09-05-18 10:57 AM
    Here's what I see on blackberrymobile.com/us:

Is the KEY2 LE in Atomic coming to the United States?-capture.png

They better listen to the fans and release Atomic in the US!
    d3rg3n likes this.
    09-05-18 11:02 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	527 
Size:	886.3 KB 
ID:	439781

Wow wtf? Why no atomic for U.S. market??
    09-05-18 11:24 AM
    They are waiting to release it as a Verizon exclusive.
    tnewton3 and dbollman423 like this.
    09-05-18 12:16 PM
    Chances are it's going to release as a Verizon exclusive. 😏
    09-05-18 12:21 PM
    Chances are it's going to release as a Verizon exclusive. ������
    Wishful thinking, i'm sure.
    09-05-18 03:27 PM
    Which is why I wonder why slab OEM's even bother with color options. Do they seriously think the user isn't gonna slap a case on a $500 + glass sandwich lol
    Marketing... those colors look good in ads.

And it's not new... my wife had a Verizon red Samsung slider - twice, way back in the dumb phone days.

With the mention of the VZW code in one of the KEY2 LE variant and then the news of a RED one... my taughts went to an Verizon exclusive too.
    09-06-18 02:31 PM
    Yeah it's kind of made for Verizons color scheme. whenever I look at Verizons phones I always see red. or maybe that's just all the shovelware pre-installed that's a nightmare to remove.
    09-06-18 02:44 PM
    My conversations with Matt at my Verizon store here in Cypress California—“BlackBerry? No one carries Blackberry’s any more “:-(
    09-06-18 02:48 PM
    My conversations with Matt at my Verizon store here in Cypress California—“BlackBerry? No one carries Blackberry’s any more “:-(
    Our Account Rep for the company says there is no BlackBerry on their boards.... I don't really think one is coming.

(But then he also wasn't aware of any Palm phone coming either)
    09-06-18 02:55 PM
    Our Account Rep for the company says there is no BlackBerry on their boards.... I don't really think one is coming.

(But then he also wasn't aware of any Palm phone coming either)
    Hope springs eternal:-)
    09-06-18 02:58 PM

On a side note, BBMo's web developers are awful. When you scroll down, there's a beautiful, stunning, vibrant white border caused by poor photoshopping on almost every image. It's a sad time we live in.
    09-06-18 04:16 PM
    They are waiting to release it as a Verizon exclusive.
    .00001% chance this happens but I'm hopeful. Guess I'm just waiting until 2019 when Verizon finally rolls over to allow unlocked LTE devices on their network.
    09-07-18 08:43 AM
    .00001% chance this happens but I'm hopeful. Guess I'm just waiting until 2019 when Verizon finally rolls over to allow unlocked LTE devices on their network.
    I doubt Verizon is ever going to "roll over"...

Limiting devices is good for their support teams, and in a way good for users. Even once CDMA is gone and LTE is "it", I doubt that all phones will have the 4G and 5G bands necessary for all carriers. It's not just a matter of hardware but of licensing...

I do expect them to support more devices... especially more popular ones coming for China.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 09-07-18 at 09:31 AM.
    09-07-18 08:56 AM

I would not ever describe the colors 'Champagne' and 'Slate' as "vibrant". See ad.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-18 04:47 PM
    I would not ever describe the colors 'Champagne' and 'Slate' as "vibrant". See ad.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah lol only the atomic is vibrant. Wtf were they thinking
    09-08-18 07:29 PM
    Yeah lol only the atomic is vibrant. Wtf were they thinking
    Think a lot gets lost in translation....

I've had issues with my Xfinity Service at home, and while India tech support might speak English... that doesn't mean they understand it.
    09-10-18 07:56 AM
    Think a lot gets lost in translation....

I've had issues with my Xfinity Service at home, and while India tech support might speak English... that doesn't mean they understand it.
    Oh, so true.
    09-10-18 02:40 PM
62 123