Came across the new Key Two advert . Good to see that there is still intent from TCL to market Blackberry devices

rarsen and asiayeah like this.
    03-31-19 04:13 AM
    I thought that was more of LE ad. Another reason they don’t want to push Key 2
    03-31-19 05:09 AM
    That's is definitely an LE ad. Not that they don't to push the KEY² , there's already many ads for that one. This is just one for the LE . It's a nice touch because it shows how it can fit the needs of a small business owner.
    A smartPHONE that does what you need but can also do the task of many other devices but doesn't have to have all the latest bells and whistles and at an affordable price.
    03-31-19 09:51 AM
    They should have used Idsteve blasting out emails in nanoseconds .
    03-31-19 10:36 AM
    He’s too fast. It would like more like a picture than a video. Perhaps if viewed in slo-mo....
    03-31-19 10:51 AM
    True ... If I shampooed dogs for a living, I might prefer a waterproofed device. Begs the question, how do you market a PKB?
    03-31-19 11:30 AM
    True ... If I shampooed dogs for a living, I might prefer a waterproofed device. Begs the question, how do you market a PKB?
    Small businesses are already being run on Android and Apple devices. Since most people aren’t using pkb devices, I think they have to focus on smart keys and security. Just my guess.
    03-31-19 11:43 AM
    I might try the tactile sensation idea ... Analog Amp, manual on a Porsche, Expensive watch etc
    03-31-19 12:10 PM
    I might try the tactile sensation idea ... Analog Amp, manual on a Porsche, Expensive watch etc
    With Android OEMs already looking for differentiation, I can’t believe TCL was the first to consider licensing BB for it’s current strategy. I think the others either had better data or less need for BB to make inroads with carriers outside it’s traditional playground.
    03-31-19 12:44 PM
    Not to be a party pooper but a waterproof phone might be advisable in the dog washing business.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-31-19 01:58 PM
    Small businesses are already being run on Android and Apple devices. Since most people aren’t using pkb devices, I think they have to focus on smart keys and security. Just my guess.
    Good point. When I show people hoe I can open apps with my keys, they are impressed.
    04-01-19 12:29 AM
    With Android OEMs already looking for differentiation, I can’t believe TCL was the first to consider licensing BB for it’s current strategy. I think the others either had better data or less need for BB to make inroads with carriers outside it’s traditional playground.
    This is an interesting article from the respect of BlackBerry’s intentions in seeking capitalize on its software.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/29/bl...interview/amp/

Has BlackBerry software been successful as a differentiating factor? Not so far. The problem is that third tier OEM’s need to make good saleable phones first and foremost .
    04-01-19 10:07 AM
    The brand was on life support when TCL stepped up. Ironically, when it comes time to renew their license their reward for doing a good job could be other suitors bidding against them.
    04-01-19 11:13 AM
    The brand was on life support when TCL stepped up. Ironically, when it comes time to renew their license their reward for doing a good job could be other suitors bidding against them.
    A lot of assumptions here. From a couple of rumors online from China in the last 2 or so months, it look like not only will they not renew, but they are wanting out. Whether that's true or not, who knows. But even if its not true and they want to renew, I highly doubt there will be other suitors bidding against them. Or they likely negotiated a right of first refusal just in case it did go really well for them.
    04-01-19 01:39 PM
    Hmmm... hadn't thought of that. Could you imagine if a Huawei took over the BBMo license (is that even how this licensing deal works??). One can dream!
    04-01-19 02:01 PM
    Good point. When I show people hoe I can open apps with my keys, they are impressed.
    I bet they are. The problem lies in that most people use their phones for both business and pleasure and don’t want to give up screen real estate to a keyboard.
    04-01-19 05:35 PM
    I bet they are. The problem lies in that most people use their phones for both business and pleasure and don’t want to give up screen real estate to a keyboard.
    But...but...what about those who don't wanna give up a keyboard for an extra 2 inches of glass?

No love?
    04-02-19 01:48 AM
    But...but...what about those who don't wanna give up a keyboard for an extra 2 inches of glass?

No love?
    Exactly!
    ...But a PRIV2, though...
    the_boon likes this.
    04-02-19 02:57 AM
    A lot of assumptions here. From a couple of rumors online from China in the last 2 or so months, it look like not only will they not renew, but they are wanting out. Whether that's true or not, who knows. But even if its not true and they want to renew, I highly doubt there will be other suitors bidding against them. Or they likely negotiated a right of first refusal just in case it did go really well for them.
    Interesting.

I think that Chen's antipathy towards foldable phones is related to TCL not using the BlackBerry brand forfuture foldable phones. TCL seems to be moving away from the concept of BlackBerry as being its premium brand with the Alcatel 7 5g.

Is there a future for BlackBerry smartphone software ?
    04-02-19 09:40 AM
    Interesting.

I think that Chen's antipathy towards foldable phones is related to TCL not using the BlackBerry brand forfuture foldable phones. TCL seems to be moving away from the concept of BlackBerry as being its premium brand with the Alcatel 7 5g.

If they don't have someone to build BlackBerry branded phones, I can't imagine they would stick with it on the software side. Not like many have licenced their "hardened" version of Android for Non-BlackBerry devices except for the Punkt phones I guess. This is not a focus for Chen and BlackBerry anymore so if it sticks around great, if not, I don't think he would be too disappointed. Just my personal feeling on things.
    04-02-19 09:46 AM
    Bullitt (Cat phone) licenced BlackBerry Secure but they are not doing well so I do not expect any new secured devices any time soon.
    04-02-19 10:48 AM

As long as there is some future for PKB, I'm OK with it

I really hope TCL will renew the licensing deal
    04-02-19 11:06 AM

No love?
    We need a bigger club to gain attention!
    elfabio80 and Sigewif like this.
    04-02-19 03:28 PM
    He’s too fast. It would like more like a picture than a video. Perhaps if viewed in slo-mo....
    Haha... that nanosecond frame rate makes for huge file size! Lol.

Great to see something resembling marketing, tho!! Pretty smart target. Imo. Now, once that entrepreneur hires a few employees to coordinate, mobile collaboration might evolve elevated importance. Should they expand into pet boarding for example, 24/7 collaboration would almost certainly prove valuable. Such is the life of a conscientious entrepreneur. Lol. If that entrepreneur wishes to coordinate multiple employees in a 24/7 environment AND also wishes to participate in anything resembling personal LIFE, single handed capability might prove supremely appreciated. ?? Imo.

Of course, it might take many years, or even decades, for significant numbers of "consumer thinking" users to evolve into "producer thinking". ???
    04-06-19 04:11 PM
    Lol... nanoseconds might be a bit exaggerated ... . With all modesty, most folks consider my thumb pretty fast... (especially on 99!) until they witness any single one of my team. I'm the slowest of my team of (soon to be) 28 coworkers! The fastest happens to have the smallest hands and the longest finger nails! Go figure! Unanimous consensus among us is that she just might challenge some world records! On nearly ANYthing from iPhones to old Underwood Manual typewriters. A real fascination to watch. Some brains are just wired that way.

Like most in my crew, she took to the K series and finds LE fastest and most precise. SHE might make a great advert? But then, one must be careful about intimidating potential customers so... ???

Mobile technology is something nearly every human might use in this life. As such, it's worth investing effort into doing it well! My advice to all... young or old... fwiw.
    04-06-19 07:22 PM
27 12