Hello. Couldn't resist a great price (I think) at $299, so I took the leap. Going from Priv (which I hate sometimes) to Key2LE... Make me feel better about the purchase?

1- Good deal?
    2- Should work fine on Verizon?

I've just read some stuff that makes me nervous. Hoping for some comfort. Thanks!
    11-07-19 01:24 PM
    Good deal?
    Better than most places for it. As long as you're comfortable with the price, sure.

2- Should work fine on Verizon?
    You might have to contact CS to get it all aligned but it's certified to work with Verizon.

Instead of worrying about the possible concerns, try activating it and go from there.
    11-07-19 01:47 PM
    Thanks. Waiting for the Key 3 wasn't appealing to me because I'm sure it will be pretty pricey, at least initially. $300 was in my comfort zone, barely, so this seemed like a wise move.
    11-07-19 01:59 PM
    Thanks. Waiting for the Key 3 wasn't appealing to me because I'm sure it will be pretty pricey, at least initially. $300 was in my comfort zone, barely, so this seemed like a wise move.
    At least you have a phone that actually exists. Hope you enjoy it for many years.
    11-07-19 04:24 PM
    Especially if you consider that there may never be a Key 3.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    11-07-19 05:54 PM
    "Good deal" ?

It's a GREAT freaking deal.

For $299 you're getting a Berry where the Priv couldn't even come close to its performance.

Keep the Priv as a media device because of the 5.4" AMOLED screen, and use that LE as your main phone.

You will not regret it. Trust me you won't.
    11-07-19 08:42 PM
    I'm just bought key2le and wait for key3
    11-07-19 09:28 PM
    If your Priv acted anything like my Priv, then you are going to be happy.
    11-07-19 10:17 PM
    "Good deal" ?

For $299 you're getting a Berry where the Priv couldn't even come close to its performance.

Keep the Priv as a media device because of the 5.4" AMOLED screen, and use that LE as your main phone.

Good advice here. Thanks!
    11-08-19 09:27 AM
    "Good deal" ?

This is absolutely true. I love this LE on Verizon.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-08-19 09:31 AM
    I've been using an LE on Mint Mobile (an MVNO on T Mobile) for the last four months. am preparing to use it when my Z30 on Verizon stops working. Six years old and going strong I am very impressed with the LE. I prefer a vkb and have never used a pkb BlackBerry. I prefer a vkb and love the BlackBerry version. but there are advantages to the pkb too. I prefer to stay with Verizon so I'm stuck. I would use the Motion I bought sixteen months ago, but it's not approved by Verizon and I don't want to spend a lot of time trying to game Verizon's system very i%ressed with the LE size, weight, battery life and responsiveness. And I am much better on the pkb than I was.
    11-08-19 10:14 AM
    I've been using an LE on Mint Mobile (an MVNO on T Mobile) for the last four months. am preparing to use it when my Z30 on Verizon stops working. Six years old and going strong I am very impressed with the LE. I prefer a vkb and have never used a pkb BlackBerry. I prefer a vkb and love the BlackBerry version. but there are advantages to the pkb too. I prefer to stay with Verizon so I'm stuck. I would use the Motion I bought sixteen months ago, but it's not approved by Verizon and I don't want to spend a lot of time trying to game Verizon's system very i%ressed with the LE size, weight, battery life and responsiveness. And I am much better on the pkb than I was.
    Wow you have been using the Z30 for 6 years. That's very impressive I haven't been able to use a phone for one year without switching since the time I had my first BlackBerry bold.
    diggs007 likes this.
    11-09-19 10:07 AM
    Great deal for a very nice phone.
    11-09-19 03:03 PM
    Great deal man, enjoy the phone.
    11-09-19 10:46 PM
    I just bought the Key2 le off of gotalkusa for Verizon. Everything worked except receiving texts. You will need to bring it to a Verizon store and have them call into Tech support. Make sure it's a level 2 tech. They need to change the network to CDMA less on their network and then the texts should start working. Took less than 20 minutes to fix. Love my new Key2 le for Verizon. So glad I bought it.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-09-19 11:02 PM
    I envy you for buying this device at that price. Hopefully I can snag one at that price sometime early next year.
    11-11-19 03:01 AM
    I envy you for buying this device at that price. Hopefully I can snag one at that price sometime early next year.
    There is still stock at Best Buy for Slate / Champagne LE at $299
    11-11-19 10:03 AM
    Just received my device. First impression- Very nice! I thought maybe the move from metal to plastic would result in LE feeling cheap, but that's not the case. Keyboard feels wonderful. Assumed Classic would always be the best keyboard, but LE seems to be in same category. Won't know for sure until after a few weeks. Now my protection (case) needs to hurry up and arrive.
    11-12-19 12:54 PM
    Took me about 30 minutes to activate mine today at Verizon .... Told the guy from the start he would need to get level 2 tech support on the phone - 15 MI uses later he called them and I was activated shortly thereafter.

No Visual Voicemail?!
    Last edited by tliolos; 11-12-19 at 08:37 PM.
    11-12-19 08:23 PM
    Took me about 30 minutes to activate mine today at Verizon .... Told the guy from the start he would need to get level 2 tech support on the phone - 15 MI uses later he called them and I was activated shortly thereafter.

No Visual Voicemail?!
    I never received wi-fi, how about you?
    11-13-19 02:42 PM
    Doesn't say Wi-Fi calling - but when I'm on Wi-Fi the 4G symbol on my phone is grayed out - which on my last phone was an indication that I was making Wi-Fi phone calls
    11-13-19 02:51 PM
    Doesn't say Wi-Fi calling - but when I'm on Wi-Fi the 4G symbol on my phone is grayed out - which on my last phone was an indication that I was making Wi-Fi phone calls
    That is not what that means. It just means your phone is using Wi-Fi instead of data for apps, notifications, etc.
    11-13-19 04:38 PM
    That is not what that means. It just means your phone is using Wi-Fi instead of data for apps, notifications, etc.
    Then wouldn't it illuminate 4G when I make a phone call?
    11-13-19 06:32 PM
    Turn on Airplane Mode then turn WiFi back on. Then try to make a call.

Have only heard that WiFi calling works on Key2LEs bought through Verizon Business.
    11-13-19 07:09 PM
    Good decision to snag it at that price. I'm close to grabbing one for a backup to my current LE seeing as it looks like we won't be getting a new device anytime soon.
    11-14-19 08:41 AM
54 123