I found a slightly used Key2 LE for under $C 250. I assume it's an LE since the ad says it is 32 GB. I saw one spec place which said the keyboard is capacitive but I assume that is not the case. Does this mean flip corrections etc do not work or just the scrolling options? Loss of those capacities would be noticed here as well as smaller screen but I have problems with VKB and need the tactile element.

I have enjoyed PRIV with big screen and pkb also but performance has degraded. If I remove unused or business apps and use those on LE would PRIV performance improve (eg fewer resources for APPS updating etc. )? It is slow now but would like to use for a wifi based media device to take advantage of the big screen? Ideal would be PRIV2 but that is not going to happen.
    11-19-19 09:58 PM
    Best Buy had the Champagne LE for $279.00 USD. Unlocked and no carrier. I am setting my Z30 aside when the LE arrives. Looking forward to PKB again.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-19 10:14 PM
    Just following up as still considering the lE to replace the PRIV and I am looking at the online manual. Although the keyboard is supposed to be non capacitive, the USER guide has the following re keyboard motions:

Delete a word: Quickly swipe left on the keyboard to delete a word.

Type faster with suggested words: Suggested words appear while you type. They can appear above the keyboard or above a letter. To use a word, you can swipe up on the keyboard or flick the word up onto the screen.

Does this mean the function missing is using the keyboard as a trackpad? Or are those instructions only for an onscreen keyboard? Is these still worked on the PKB it would go a long way to making the device more comparable to PRIV, thought he big screen would be a loss.
    11-22-19 07:35 AM
    Just following up as still considering the lE to replace the PRIV and I am looking at the online manual. Although the keyboard is supposed to be non capacitive, the USER guide has the following re keyboard motions:

Delete a word: Quickly swipe left on the keyboard to delete a word.

Type faster with suggested words: Suggested words appear while you type. They can appear above the keyboard or above a letter. To use a word, you can swipe up on the keyboard or flick the word up onto the screen.

Does this mean the function missing is using the keyboard as a trackpad? Or are those instructions only for an onscreen keyboard? Is these still worked on the PKB it would go a long way to making the device more comparable to PRIV, thought he big screen would be a loss.
    All it means is that whoever put that spec sheet on there copied and pasted the capacitive keyboard thing from the KEY2.

You CANNOT swipe/scroll at all on the LE's keyboard. Suggested words will still appear above the keyboard at the bottom of the screen, and you can tap on them, and that's about it.

The LE is still a great device and an upgrade from the Priv (aside from the screen of course)
    11-22-19 07:44 AM
    It looks worse than that - despite being a Key 2 LE manual, it makes general comments about keyboard options including using "either physical or virtual keyboard on the PRIV".

https://s3.amazonaws.com/blackberrym...-4+English.pdf

Does LE have a virtual keyboard option to access some of those features of fast selection of words etc.?
    11-22-19 07:53 AM
    It looks worse than that - despite being a Key 2 LE manual, it makes general comments about keyboard options including using "either physical or virtual keyboard on the PRIV".

https://s3.amazonaws.com/blackberrym...-4+English.pdf

Does LE have a virtual keyboard option to access some of those features of fast selection of words etc.?
    To me it's just lazy copy and pasting of other phones descriptions.

Yes, you can use a virtual keyboard on the KEYone/KEY2/LE just like you can on the Priv but it doesn't really make sense (unless you need to be ninja silent), mostly because why buy the above devices if you're gonna type on glass, and secondly the VKB is gonna appear way above the PKB, which will be in a very unnatural position to be typing.
    11-22-19 10:44 AM
    So the price was too good to pass up and will take delivery of the phone soon. While the screen is not as big as PRIV are you still able to use it in landscape mode for videos etc? I will probably use the PRIV for most media and Key@ LE for work (and for GPS which has always been poor on my PRIV) but would be nice to have the landscape option sometimes.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-26-19 07:49 PM
    Is anyone finding the screen awkward? My friend was saying it cuts off the bottom of forms or pages etc
    11-26-19 08:36 PM
    Is anyone finding the screen awkward? My friend was saying it cuts off the bottom of forms or pages etc
    Did your friend try scrolling down a bit?
    11-26-19 08:39 PM
    So the price was too good to pass up and will take delivery of the phone soon. While the screen is not as big as PRIV are you still able to use it in landscape mode for videos etc? I will probably use the PRIV for most media and Key@ LE for work (and for GPS which has always been poor on my PRIV) but would be nice to have the landscape option sometimes.
    Sure you can use the LE (and KEYone/KEY2) in landscape mode just like any Android device out there.

The experience won't look as nice as on the Priv of course because

5.4" Samsung AMOLED > 4.5" TCL LCD
    rfin16 likes this.
    11-26-19 08:40 PM
    Took me about 30 minutes to activate mine today at Verizon .... Told the guy from the start he would need to get level 2 tech support on the phone - 15 MI uses later he called them and I was activated shortly thereafter.

No Visual Voicemail?!
    That's one of the vzw apps that won't work on an unlocked device. Try youmail. Works great.
    12-04-19 05:14 AM
    Actually - that is what I use! Set up the account back when I was using my Q10.... Then used an iPhone for 4 years - just installed and put in my old username and password and picked right back up!
    12-04-19 07:11 AM
    Yes the form boxes at the bottom of the screen (when replying to a Facebook post, for example) are often blocked by the suggested words but you can hit the back button and it gets rid of the suggested words and you can see the form box no problem after doing that.
    12-04-19 02:54 PM
    Hello. Couldn't resist a great price (I think) at $299, so I took the leap. Going from Priv (which I hate sometimes) to Key2LE... Make me feel better about the purchase?

1- Good deal?
    2- Should work fine on Verizon?

I've just read some stuff that makes me nervous. Hoping for some comfort. Thanks!
    Can't stay using 6.1 forever. Where is a full BlackBerry slab for Verizon?
    12-07-19 07:29 AM
    Can't stay using 6.1 forever. Where is a full BlackBerry slab for Verizon?
    With Michael Jackson in Neverland....
    12-07-19 10:55 AM
    I just bought the Key2 le off of gotalkusa for Verizon. Everything worked except receiving texts. You will need to bring it to a Verizon store and have them call into Tech support. Make sure it's a level 2 tech. They need to change the network to CDMA less on their network and then the texts should start working. Took less than 20 minutes to fix. Love my new Key2 le for Verizon. So glad I bought it.
    You definitely need CDMA-less for multiple things. If you are provisioning a new SIM in this phone or transfering from another CDMA-less phone - then it should be set up correctly. If you're transferring the SIM from a CDMA capable phone then you will need to have them reprovision the SIM as CDMA-less
    12-12-19 08:52 PM
    picked up one from best buy for my wife. she loves.it and so do I. I'd grab it in a second if they had Atomic (which I'm told they did a couple.months back).
    the_boon likes this.
    12-28-19 04:34 PM
    picked up one from best buy for my wife. she loves.it and so do I. I'd grab it in a second if they had Atomic (which I'm told they did a couple.months back).
    Yeah sadly no more Atomics from official retailers here in the US.

Might have to check eBay
    12-28-19 07:48 PM
    Yeah sadly no more Atomics from official retailers here in the US.

Might have to check eBay
    Thanks! Guess there is no point in hoping BestBuy will get more.
    12-28-19 08:01 PM
    Thanks! Guess there is no point in hoping BestBuy will get more.
    When they originally stocked the Red KEY2's back in April, there was no reason to ever believe they would have gotten a restock later on... and yet they did in October lol.

It's always full of surprises with TCL
    12-28-19 09:40 PM
    I (finally!) just did the same. Yes you got a great deal. The Champagne color (which is what I'd wanted anyway) is even $30 cheaper now. Both great deals.

This model should work fine on VZW, in fact, I'm counting on it. I've had an old cheap plan with them on my BB10 phones, and I am guessing the plan may have to change, but since I don't have the device in hand yet, that is still to be determined. I'm not changing the phone number, so who knows.

My gmail address is used solely as a junk or "register with our website" address, so I don't intend to use that at all on the LE. I have a couple of other email addresses that I hope to add as POP accounts, no autosynch needed. But I will need to bring over my Contacts from BB10 and I am hoping Android can import a csv file for that.

And because I'll be coming from BB10, I'll create a new BBID for the LE, so that I can use BBMe and still connect to BBM in BB10 if I need to.

Those are my first thoughts anyway. Well, and also getting a grippy case (already have phone rings) and a screen protector because there's no way on earth I'll be able to hold and type on this thing one-handed. I will miss that terribly.

The stuff you're worried about - don't. As VZW customers, we have no choice if we want to stick with a physical keyboard. So I'm reading a lot of what other people recommend and have done (or have failed at - that's always instructive too), and I'll figure out what works best for me, which apps I do and don't need, etc.

The good thing is, there are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful people on the CB Forums, and liberal use of the Search function should give you answers (or at least entertaining discussions, haha) to most of your concerns.

Enjoy your LE - looking forward to comparing VZW activation experiences. :-)

Hello. Couldn't resist a great price (I think) at $299, so I took the leap. Going from Priv (which I hate sometimes) to Key2LE... Make me feel better about the purchase?

1- Good deal?
    2- Should work fine on Verizon?

I've just read some stuff that makes me nervous. Hoping for some comfort. Thanks!

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    12-30-19 02:03 AM
    I'm taking this post with me to the Verizon store when I am ready to switch over from my Classic!

You definitely need CDMA-less for multiple things. If you are provisioning a new SIM in this phone or transfering from another CDMA-less phone - then it should be set up correctly. If you're transferring the SIM from a CDMA capable phone then you will need to have them reprovision the SIM as CDMA-less

12-30-19 02:06 AM
    $269.99 now at BestBuy for the unlocked Champagne. ($219.99 if you want to activate a contract at AT&T at purchase) No Slates left in stock.

There is still stock at Best Buy for Slate / Champagne LE at $299

12-30-19 02:15 AM
    The unlocked price just went down to $249.99
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=JYQa6hdS

$269.99 now at BestBuy for the unlocked Champagne. ($219.99 if you want to activate a contract at AT&T at purchase) No Slates left in stock.

01-01-20 04:16 PM
    Grabbed one for myself, the twin to my wife's. I brought hers and it was no problem with VZW. Went to corporate store and asked for a SIM card. Guy gave me the hairy-eyeball; said it's been years since they sold BlackBerry and didn't think it would activate. I sternly assured him it would. No problem.
    Can't wait for my delivery. $249
    the_boon likes this.
    01-01-20 05:58 PM
54 123