Or do the KEY2 LEs look sexy as hell?

Small, light, thin, great colors, and a proper set of midrange specs for a reasonable price.

It looks like the perfect practical Android phone to me.
    TCM01, the_boon, melhiore and 2 others like this.
    08-30-18 05:20 PM
    I'm liking them. Especially the Red one.
    08-30-18 05:45 PM
    It’s not just you.

After seeing all the videos today, I believe the KEY2 LE is the phone that will finally win me over from BB10.

I would be willing to pay full price for a LE on release day, and I wasn’t willing to say that about the KEYone or KEY2.

I’m putting together a detailed writeup with my reasons and will post in this sub forum soon.
    08-30-18 05:46 PM
    The atomic colouring is great. Definitely on the radar. Hopefully the user reports are positive

Posted via CB10
    08-30-18 06:44 PM
    Kinda wishing I had waited to get the Key2 to be honest. I like it of course, but it almost feels like too much for what I need it to do. And the LE is 30% lighter? That sounds awesome!
    08-30-18 06:49 PM
    Reasons to get the LE over K2:

-Spacebar sounds the same as other keys

-Lighter weight means even better at taking drops
    08-31-18 03:26 AM
    I'm still doubting between the Key2 and Key2 LE but it's great to have choice. The only reason of doubt is basically the capacitive keyboard.
    08-31-18 03:49 AM
    Or do the KEY2 LEs look sexy as hell?
    Not only you!

I was waiting for the announcement of new iPhone and Nokia to make a final decision. I use Motion. HOWEVER. The red one is just too cute to ignore it. I was thinking about getting out of BB trap but hey, looks like I will be coming back just for the sheer joy of using RED PHONE!! If only some great accessories would show up...

I am only waiting for more hands-on reviews and I will probably join PKB crowd...
    08-31-18 04:34 AM
    Most days I say "nah my Priv is working fine so I might as well keep it another year."

Then days like today happen where it inexplicably runs hot and drains 70% of the battery overnight with no apps open. Suddenly "K2L or K1 Black?" becomes a real dilemma in my mind!
    the_boon and rave.elkabetz like this.
    08-31-18 05:08 AM
    So everyone doesn't mind losing the capacitive keyboard? I have to admit I use it a lot less than I thought I would on my K1.
    08-31-18 06:53 AM
    So everyone doesn't mind losing the capacitive keyboard? I have to admit I use it a lot less than I thought I would on my K1.
    I do! Practically the only thing that's holding me back! Other than these I agree with the guys above! Looks great and I could swallow the price although it's not right! Specs are also ok! Decent all around device! So taking the time to read reviews and act towards the end of the year!

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-31-18 06:58 AM
    I disabled keyboard gestures on the KEYone, PRIV, and Passport, so it’s a non-issue for me. Due to my typing style, which entails sliding and rolling my thumbs to adjacent keys, I kept triggering cursor mode and deleting words when gestures were enabled.
    melhiore and kvndoom like this.
    08-31-18 07:01 AM
    Well, that might be because of the glossy keys which grip the finger too hard, preventing smooth scrolling.
    08-31-18 07:24 AM
    Well, that might be because of the glossy keys which grip the finger too hard, preventing smooth scrolling.
    Maybe. Swiping on the screen is just easier. And it isn't always smooth on the keyboard anyway.
    08-31-18 07:25 AM
    I just saw the atomic red. Definitely on my to get list.
    08-31-18 07:29 AM
    I like it more that I thought I would, especially the red one; just goes to show how superficial we are!!
    The Keyone 64gb is 569€ with 10% smaller keys, a slower processor and no upgrade to P.

If you're not a heavy phone user and not overly demanding, and you want to cheapest new Blackbery out there, the purchase of the Key2 LE only hinges on you wanting a capacitive keyboard or not. The price point really is big compared to the Key2, over 50%.
    The extra you pay over other generic slabs is for the unique PKB. Factor that in and you've got a good value phone, especially in sexy red.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-31-18 07:37 AM
    I have the KEYone and would miss the capacitive keyboard, but it would be a fair trade off to get the speed key. On my KEYone I use the PKB for shortcuts and split my time between the PKB and VKB for writing and editibg.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-31-18 07:40 AM
    I like it more that I thought I would, especially the red one; just goes to show how superficial we are!!
    The Keyone 64gb is 569€ with 10% smaller keys, a slower processor and no upgrade to P.

If you're not a heavy phone user and not overly demanding, and you want to cheapest new Blackbery out there, the purchase of the Key2 LE only hinges on you wanting a capacitive keyboard or not. The price point really is big compared to the Key2, over 50%.
    The extra you pay over other generic slabs is for the unique PKB. Factor that in and you've got a good value phone, especially in sexy red.
    Agree with everything you wrote. Count me in for an "Atomic" version.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    08-31-18 07:48 AM
    Design wise, the only thing they could have improved is to actual give the champagne LE proper champagne frets (reminds me of K1 bronze with only half the trim being...bronze)
    And the back logo and camera ring could have matched the rest of the trim.
    Now watch someone do a DIY red paintjob of those parts on his AR LE
    hxh145 likes this.
    08-31-18 07:55 AM
    I have the KEYone and would miss the capacitive keyboard, but it would be a fair trade off to get the speed key. On my KEYone I use the PKB for shortcuts and split my time between the PKB and VKB for writing and editibg.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I will say the speed key does seem awesome.
    08-31-18 07:58 AM
    I disabled it immediately on my Passport and my Priv.
    melhiore likes this.
    08-31-18 08:04 AM
    It’s not just you.

After seeing all the videos today, I believe the KEY2 LE is the phone that will finally win me over from BB10.

I would be willing to pay full price for a LE on release day, and I wasn’t willing to say that about the KEYone or KEY2.

I’m putting together a detailed writeup with my reasons and will post in this sub forum soon.
    What were the reasons the Keyone and the Key2 couldn't win you over that you think the LE will have lol
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-31-18 09:43 AM
    What were the reasons the Keyone and the Key2 couldn't win you over that you think the LE will have lol
    Its more affordable.

It's a bit thinner and narrower.

It's by far the lightest of the three, and for me, the lighter, the better. That was one reason I preferred the Q10 over the Classic and Passport.

It will likely get better WiFi, Bluetooth, and cell signal due to the lack of metal on its exterior.

The Atomic version looks amazing.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-31-18 10:42 AM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Colors look awesome!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-18 10:47 AM
    I can't help but ask...were you a fan of the glossy keys on the K1 or no?
    09-01-18 01:38 PM
31 12