So I picked up a Key2 LE on sale on Amazon back in May. Turns out to be the Indian variant that isn't getting any updates.

Anyone know what is up with these phones? Are they just pure lemons now? I haven't gotten a single update since I've owned it and it doesn't look like any are coming.

Anyone have an option for someone stuck in this situation? Any unofficial autoloaders? Any return policy thoughts?
    10-02-19 05:27 PM
    Indian Variant - Dead in the Water-39506468-caveat-emptor-word-highlighted-white-paper.jpg

Buying phones through non-official channels, and especially outside your own market, ALWAYS carries risk. Presumably you got a discounted price, which is also a signal that there may be some risk/limitations.

Unless this phone was falsely advertised, and you are still within your warranty window, you'll have to live with it.
    10-02-19 05:56 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39506468-caveat-emptor-word-highlighted-on-the-white-paper.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	446318

Buying phones through non-official channels, and especially outside your own market, ALWAYS carries risk. Presumably you got a discounted price, which is also a signal that there may be some risk/limitations.

Unless this phone was falsely advertised, and you are still within your warranty window, you'll have to live with it.
    I was buying the brand. It was advertised as working with Bell. The same Canadian deals reseller.

This wasn't a problem with BlackBerry before Chen.

I won't be buying any more of their devices though if this crap can happen.
    10-02-19 06:39 PM
    I was buying the brand. It was advertised as working with Bell. The same Canadian deals reseller.

Again, buying from a non-authorized retailer is always a risk. At least your phone works and you aren't out money for something that doesn't work at all.

The truth is that the chances of being any future devices is pretty tiny and shrinking by the day, so this is a problem that will solve itself.
    10-02-19 06:52 PM
    Again, buying from a non-authorized retailer is always a risk. At least your phone works and you aren't out money for something that doesn't work at all.

The truth is that the chances of being any future devices is pretty tiny and shrinking by the day, so this is a problem that will solve itself.
    It doesn't work though. Has been giving me trouble with wifi and cellular connectivity since the summer.

Now I'm not even receiving texts anymore. Bell is trying to figure it out, but I'd bet it's something to do with this out of date POS.
    10-02-19 06:55 PM
    It doesn't work though. Has been giving me trouble with wifi and cellular connectivity since the summer.

Now I'm not even receiving texts anymore. Bell is trying to figure it out, but I'd bet it's something to do with this out of date POS.
    There should be no issue. Maybe try a factory reset. All you're missing are security patches - not features or functionality.

Btw, BlackBerry hasn't been in the handset business for years. It was either licencing or nothing at all.
    10-02-19 07:02 PM

What does Chen Or BB have to do with anything? BB exited the mobile business three years ago. Now it’s other companies that just licensed the BlackBerry name. You’re not buying anything from BlackBerry Limited or Chen anymore.
    10-02-19 09:14 PM