DO NOT take out your BlackBerry KEY2 LE sim card, put it into another phone, and then put it back into your KEY2 LE.

Over the weekend, I dropped my KEY2 LE into some water. I powered down my phone and took my sim card tray out. I put my sim card in my KEYONE while I let the KEY2 LE dry out for 36 hours. My KEY2 LE is fine and has no water damage. The trouble started when I put my sim card back in the KEY2 LE. I immediately received a text from ATT saying they cannot activate my phone. I tried to make a phone call and an automated message told me my phone wouldn't work and to call 611 for assistance. I called customer service and had to tell them my ICCID# and IMEI information. My call was then escalated to an advanced customer service technician. After about 30 minutes, they were able to reinstate permissions for me to use the KEY2 LE on their network. My KEY2 LE does again work on the network, however, they told me that if I change sim cards again that I would have to go through the whole process of reactivating my suspended phone. They told me I would be able to use the KEY2 LE until February but their system will boot off any new activation of phones that rely on the 3G network.
    John Albert likes this.
    08-02-21 08:53 PM
    Yep nothing new. This is what they have been warning for months. They will probably send you a new phone at some point to and require you to start using that
    08-02-21 09:07 PM
    I knew about February, but did not know that it would reject phones before the cutoff.
    08-02-21 09:27 PM
    I knew about February, but did not know that it would reject phones before the cutoff.
    they will not auto activate any phone that isnt on the list basically. You might still get them to if you call and plead but that is it
    08-03-21 04:45 AM
    You triggered it by your changing the SIM.... but others have done nothing and been notified of their device not being compatible and a replacement being sent to them.

AT&T isn't waiting till February to have everyone at the same time trying to call support.
    08-03-21 08:18 AM
    Yeah, technically the system recognized you're changing of the SIM as a new activation.
    08-03-21 01:33 PM
    Yeah, technically the system recognized you're changing of the SIM as a new activation.
    If that applies to my provider (Roger's system) then I have a new activation 2-3 times per week. Technically.
    bh7171 likes this.
    08-03-21 01:36 PM
    The 'Advanced' customer service technician did tell me that Unlocked phones that are compatible with the Voice over LTE network will work after February.

I'm just confused how the Key 2 LE shows 4G LTE on the top of the display and apparently runs on the 3G network. Were we lied to about actually being on a 4G network from TLC and BlackBerry?
    stagediva432 likes this.
    08-03-21 07:01 PM
    The 'Advanced' customer service technician did tell me that Unlocked phones that are compatible with the Voice over LTE network will work after February.

I'm just confused how the Key 2 LE shows 4G LTE on the top of the display and apparently runs on the 3G network. Were we lied to about actually being on a 4G network from TLC and BlackBerry?
    No…most all phones still run on 3g networks as a fall back. You are confused on VoLTE vs 4G LTE. You need to have the IMEI provisioned by the network provided to be able to unlock the VoLTE on your device. That is where the issue it. ATT or any network provider decide what devices get thumbs up and thumbs down IF the hardware does support it. ATT has been very clear on this with their phone list.
    08-03-21 07:30 PM
    Yes, I was confused. Thanks for the clarification.
    08-03-21 08:05 PM
    I still didn't get it.
    Isn't Key 2 a 4G phone?
    I knew only non 4G phones won't be able to work after February.

Do you have a list of supported devices?.
    Thanks for any clarification.
    08-04-21 01:34 PM
    I still didn't get it.
    Isn't Key 2 a 4G phone?

VoLTE is an advanced 4G feature that must be carrier whitelisted in order to work. AT&T has chosen not to whitelist the KEY² - as they typically only allow their own sold devices and a very select few BYOD devices.
    John Albert likes this.
    08-04-21 01:36 PM
    I still didn't get it.
    Isn't Key 2 a 4G phone?

AT&T has a section dedicated to the change over.... here is the latest version of the list that has been posted here a number of times.

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images/support/wireless/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf

This isn't about 4G for the KEY2, it's about having a supported phone. 100% I suspect someone coming from Canada with a KEY2 and roaming on AT&T will have no issues at all next year.

You either need an AT&T sold phone, or one that is "popular" enough that the users can't be ignored...
    John Albert likes this.
    08-04-21 02:31 PM
    DO NOT take out your BlackBerry KEY2 LE sim card, put it into another phone, and then put it back into your KEY2 LE.

Over the weekend, I dropped my KEY2 LE into some water. I powered down my phone and took my sim card tray out. I put my sim card in my KEYONE while I let the KEY2 LE dry out for 36 hours. My KEY2 LE is fine and has no water damage. The trouble started when I put my sim card back in the KEY2 LE. I immediately received a text from ATT saying they cannot activate my phone. I tried to make a phone call and an automated message told me my phone wouldn't work and to call 611 for assistance. I called customer service and had to tell them my ICCID# and IMEI information. My call was then escalated to an advanced customer service technician. After about 30 minutes, they were able to reinstate permissions for me to use the KEY2 LE on their network. My KEY2 LE does again work on the network, however, they told me that if I change sim cards again that I would have to go through the whole process of reactivating my suspended phone. They told me I would be able to use the KEY2 LE until February but their system will boot off any new activation of phones that rely on the 3G network.
    Boy howdy! I found that out a few months ago, the hard way. O.o
    08-04-21 02:54 PM
    Thank you Conite and Dunt for the clarification.

I'm still facing huge difficulties to reply on the Crackberry app from my S21 Ulta.

I had the same issue with all previous Galaxy phones since two years.
    The keyboard disappears once I hit "reply"

I need to copy and paste my reply from a different source
    08-04-21 03:46 PM
    Thank you Conite and Dunt for the clarification.

I'm still facing huge difficulties to reply on the Crackberry app from my S21 Ulta.

I had the same issue with all previous Galaxy phones since two years.
    The keyboard disappears once I hit "reply"

I need to copy and paste my reply from a different source
    Just use Tapatalk.
    08-04-21 03:54 PM
    or the mobile size which works perfectly with full function
    08-04-21 04:51 PM
    Boy howdy! I found that out a few months ago, the hard way. O.o
    That is exactly why I made this post; to warn others who may want to take their simcard out and use in another phone. I wanted to use my Passport for fun but I will no longer try that.
    08-04-21 08:57 PM
    That is exactly why I made this post; to warn others who may want to take their simcard out and use in another phone. I wanted to use my Passport for fun but I will no longer try that.
    You can have fun, if that matters for a short while, in some areas with a prepaid TMO SIM but AT&T isn't playing around which is my primary business and personal accounts...
    08-04-21 09:10 PM
    Hello everybody!
    I’m big fan of Blackberry specally of Key2 .
    I wanna buy it Key2 to be work phone!
    Where to go to get on contract phone?
    T-Mobile is the best for Blackberry??
    Thanks.
    08-06-21 07:29 PM
    Hello everybody!
    I’m big fan of Blackberry specally of Key2 .
    I wanna buy it Key2 to be work phone!
    Where to go to get on contract phone?
    T-Mobile is the best for Blackberry??
    Thanks.
    You won't find a KEY2 on contract by T-Mobile, they never sold that phone.

You can find good used KEY2's on Amazon and eBay, and they should work with T-Mobile for a while.
    08-07-21 09:10 PM
    Well they got me last night. Went to sleep with phone working fine. Woke up to "provisioned SIM" no network available. Was able to get the girl at the store to temporarily override it but she says it can go out again at any time. Only option to have a BlackBerry on att is to somehow find an att branded keyone. I suppose ebay? They did send a replacement phone but it is not similar value (like the email said) to my current key2. The phone they sent me sells for $80 at the store and they said I could trade it in for a $25 credit towards a new phone. Bahaha

Edit to add: The person at the store told me no credits are offered for new phones purchased due to this change. Im assuming he wanted his full commission and told me that thinking I would just buy a phone on the spot. Alternatively spoke with ATT customer service rep and was told they are offering a $400 credit.

PS: just checked the replacement phone is an ATT Maestro, bahahahaha what a joke.
    Last edited by tdovey; 09-15-21 at 12:14 PM.
    09-15-21 12:02 PM
    Well they got me last night. Went to sleep with phone working fine. Woke up to "provisioned SIM" no network available. Was able to get the girl at the store to temporarily override it but she says it can go out again at any time. Only option to have a BlackBerry on att is to somehow find an att branded keyone. I suppose ebay? They did send a replacement phone but it is not similar value (like the email said) to my current key2. The phone they sent me sells for $80 at the store and they said I could trade it in for a $25 credit towards a new phone. Bahaha

Edit to add: The person at the store told me no credits are offered for new phones purchased due to this change. Im assuming he wanted his full commission and told me that thinking I would just buy a phone on the spot. Alternatively spoke with ATT customer service rep and was told they are offering a $400 credit.

PS: just checked the replacement phone is an ATT Maestro, bahahahaha what a joke.
    Keep in mind that carrier is way overpaying $400 value if you consider “similar value” comparison. You have a 3.5 year old phone running a soon to be 4 year old mobile OS with only mid-tier specs. That’s simply the reality of situation.
    pdr733 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-15-21 12:54 PM
    Keep in mind that carrier is way overpaying $400 value if you consider “similar value” comparison. You have a 3.5 year old phone running a soon to be 4 year old mobile OS with only mid-tier specs. That’s simply the reality of situation.
    Yeah while some here might value a KEY... the market sees it for what it is, and doesn't value it at all.

Like driving an old classic car that you have had for thirty years... but failed to buy classic/collectible insurance. You get in a wreck and your normal coverage is going to give you almost nothing....
    09-15-21 01:42 PM
    Yeah while some here might value a KEY... the market sees it for what it is, and doesn't value it at all.

Like driving an old classic car that you have had for thirty years... but failed to buy classic/collectible insurance. You get in a wreck and your normal coverage is going to give you almost nothing....
    It's the experience of driving the car that we are talking about here. Slab vs keyboard, classic car vs secondhand beater with moisture problems, the value is in the experience, and prolonging the experience as far as you can. (Typing this on my Moto, where every word is a typpo.)
    the_boon likes this.
    09-15-21 09:33 PM
26 12