I also suggested to a guy from BBMo UK that they look into RGB backlighting for the next devices, as even if it may seem gimmicky, it shouldn't cost too much to implement and it's always nice to have more options, it would make for killer customization (imagine clean home screen with Darth Vader wallpaper and red backlit PKB).

His response was:
    "We want that every new added feature has a true purpose in enhancing productivity" so I guess he wasn't a fan of that idea lol but he liked the IP rating one.

RGB backlight of keyboard would be great - what an upgrade from that stupid tiny LED. My wife's old Nokia has notification for SMS with breathing keyboard backlight and it was great. But with OLED screen, you don't need any LED notification..

BTW, how did you get in that event? :O
    12-06-18 02:54 AM
    with OLED screen, you don't need any LED notification..
    That's so true I never even thought of that! Just have the software use a corner of the screen and make a few pixels light up at max brightness and even have the option to choose which color for each app, as well as on/off or pulsate animations etc...

BTW, how did you get in that event? :O
    I received an invitation by BBMo, not sure why lol
    12-06-18 04:21 AM
    That's so true I never even thought of that! Just have the software use a corner of the screen and make a few pixels light up at max brightness and even have the option to choose which color for each app, as well as on/off or pulsate animations etc...

I received an invitation by BBMo, not sure why lol
    I'd worry about burn in. Despite efforts to minimize it, it's still a big problem on AMOLED.
    12-06-18 06:50 AM
    I'd worry about burn in. Despite efforts to minimize it, it's still a big problem on AMOLED.
    Worse case, it would be a tiny burn-in at the top corner of the screen.

Not nearly as bad as those Samsung display units that have the live screen saver on 24/7
    12-06-18 07:05 AM
    I had Nokia E7 with AMOLED with enabled "Sleeping screen" and never had screen burned pixels after years of using it. But they knew about burn-in so all the icons, time and anything shown on screen changed position every minute or similar short amount of time.

Here is oficial video of Sleeping screen but there is plenty of it on internet -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9LdHhOGFMc

I am still missing this feature and how Nokia implemented it. Funny is, I am missing everything what Nokia did on Symbian^3 - Sleeping screen, Nokia maps, Sports tracker, Step Counter. Yes, there are newer apps for android, BB, iphone, but none is so great in UI, comfort. At least I have never found good replacement for BB10 or Android.

OR, was I the lucky one not to have burn-ins?

EDIT: And E7 keyboard was so great! No need for autocorrect or anything else because it got alt key for intepunction similar like using pc keyboard, using ssh was much better then on berries.
    Last edited by skkayman; 12-07-18 at 01:23 PM.
    12-07-18 01:53 AM
    If they can achieve that and have a very gokd keyboard, I am game.
    The priv's keyboard was well, not upto the BlackBerry standard lets just say.
    Some of us like the Priv keyboard. I think it is more comfortable to type on than the KEYone. (I prefer the KEYone's rounded bottom corners on the bottom of the device, though).
    12-07-18 09:58 AM
    Some of us like the Priv keyboard. I think it is more comfortable to type on than the KEYone. (I prefer the KEYone's rounded bottom corners on the bottom of the device, though).
    Priv has matte texture and unibody design.

The rest is better on KEYone
    AmritD likes this.
    12-08-18 05:04 PM
    Priv has matte texture and unibody design.

The rest is better on KEYone
    I think it is about personal preference. I've had the KEYone for 1.5 years and the PRIV for 3 years and am still using my PRIV as a backup. The PRIV seems a little easier to type on to me due to the responsiveness, though I have gotten used to the KEYone pkb now. I think the idea of making a water resistant pkb phone is a good one and I wouldn't mind the responsive being more like the PRIV.
    12-10-18 11:21 AM
33 12