I went to the BBMo Paris event last night-img_20181129_2100209.jpegI went to the BBMo Paris event last night-img_20181129_2100404.jpegI went to the BBMo Paris event last night-img_20181129_2152087.jpeg

Was fun, they had open bar, appetizer plates, KEY2's and LE's on display (no Atomic )

I met some people that worked at BBMo and gave them the following suggestions for the next gen devices:

-IP rating
    -OLED display
    -OIS in rear main camera

The first one is the one I emphasized on the most, I explained to them that BB ltd had already sort of done most of the work with the Priv and that a unibody keyboard design was the way to go, and not only for IP rating, but also to increase overall reliability by eliminating any chance of a single key getting loose/wiggling around. It also probably makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint to keep track of 1 single piece of rubber than 35 individual pieces of plastic.
    And if this means not having the fp scanner in the spacebar, then just move it to the side power button.

I also suggested to a guy from BBMo UK that they look into RGB backlighting for the next devices, as even if it may seem gimmicky, it shouldn't cost too much to implement and it's always nice to have more options, it would make for killer customization (imagine clean home screen with Darth Vader wallpaper and red backlit PKB).

His response was:
    "We want that every new added feature has a true purpose in enhancing productivity" so I guess he wasn't a fan of that idea lol but he liked the IP rating one.
    11-30-18 03:33 AM
    brighter led gives true enhanced productivity (and is very cheap).
    11-30-18 03:48 AM
    brighter led gives true enhanced productivity (and is very cheap).
    I forgot about that one lol
    11-30-18 04:15 AM
    no red? Doesn't bode well!!!!
    becoming elusive! lol
    11-30-18 07:44 AM
    no red? Doesn't bode well!!!!
    becoming elusive! lol
    They had a bunch of champagne so... you can guess which color of the LE they had on display lol.

I even told one of the reps that the champagne model should have had champagne frets... I just had to lol
    11-30-18 08:28 AM
    They had a bunch of champagne so... you can guess which color of the LE they had on display lol.

I even told one of the reps that the champagne model should have had champagne frets... I just had to lol
    Makes sense, Champagne, Paris, France....
    11-30-18 09:23 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181129_2100209.jpeg 
Views:	319 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	441547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181129_2100404.jpeg 
Views:	321 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	441548Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181129_2152087.jpeg 
Views:	323 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	441549

Was fun, they had open bar, appetizer plates, KEY2's and LE's on display (no Atomic )

I met some people that worked at BBMo and gave them the following suggestions for the next gen devices:

-IP rating
    -OLED display
    -OIS in rear main camera

The first one is the one I emphasized on the most, I explained to them that BB ltd had already sort of done most of the work with the Priv and that a unibody keyboard design was the way to go, and not only for IP rating, but also to increase overall reliability by eliminating any chance of a single key getting loose/wiggling around. It also probably makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint to keep track of 1 single piece of rubber than 35 individual pieces of plastic.
    And if this means not having the fp scanner in the spacebar, then just move it to the side power button.

I also suggested to a guy from BBMo UK that they look into RGB backlighting for the next devices, as even if it may seem gimmicky, it shouldn't cost too much to implement and it's always nice to have more options, it would make for killer customization (imagine clean home screen with Darth Vader wallpaper and red backlit PKB).

His response was:
    "We want that every new added feature has a true purpose in enhancing productivity" so I guess he wasn't a fan of that idea lol but he liked the IP rating one.
    You forgot to mention selfie camera, Passport SE stereo speakers and pricing, OMG what have you done..
    Well if they at least put IP rating on next phone, we will feel safe it won't drown in our tears while taking pics and selfies and listening CrackBerry podcasts on lousy mono speaker..
    Just joking, luckyyy
    11-30-18 10:44 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181129_2100209.jpeg 
Views:	319 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	441547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181129_2100404.jpeg 
Views:	321 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	441548Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181129_2152087.jpeg 
Views:	323 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	441549

-IP rating
    -OLED display
    -OIS in rear main camera

His response was:
    I love the idea of the RGB backlash to the keyboard but really love the fingerprint sensor mounted on the spaceman. Sure the keys slightly move from place over usage -like wouldnt look too perfect but I wouldn't call it 'unreliable'. What matters is that the keys actually work they way they should (which they do) without actually popping out of the board itself😂😂(which I'm sure they won't). Surely agree to the IP rating, OLED display and the camera tho
    12-01-18 12:25 AM
    I notice the Key2 LE and KeyOne keyboard backlight are dimmer and more of a yellow shade as BB10 keyboards lit up very bright and more whitish. Wish BBMobile worked more on this.

Also it seems that the LED notification light on my LE has a "pulse" to it and blinks in different shades, it's peculiar. The KeyOne didn't have this problem with the LED light.

Other than that BBMobile is heading toward a great direction for the future of blackberry handsets.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    12-01-18 10:16 AM
    You forgot to mention selfie camera, Passport SE stereo speakers and pricing, OMG what have you done..
    Well if they at least put IP rating on next phone, we will feel safe it won't drown in our tears while taking pics and selfies and listening CrackBerry podcasts on lousy mono speaker..
    Just joking, luckyyy
    Haha yes I agree to those too but I just had to insist on my idea of copying the Priv (which I detailed in a thread), because if they pull it off, it'll not only have the IP rating, but also no key could ever get loose or wobbly.
    As we know, no one ever complained about such a thing about their Priv, and for good reason.
    12-01-18 11:45 AM
    Haha yes I agree to those too but I just had to insist on my idea of copying the Priv (which I detailed in a thread), because if they pull it off, it'll not only have the IP rating, but also no key could ever get loose or wobbly.
    As we know, no one ever complained about such a thing about their Priv, and for good reason.
    If they can achieve that and have a very gokd keyboard, I am game.
    The priv's keyboard was well, not upto the BlackBerry standard lets just say.
    12-01-18 11:49 AM
    If they can achieve that and have a very gokd keyboard, I am game.
    The priv's keyboard was well, not upto the BlackBerry standard lets just say.
    BB ltd had to figure out a way to cram a capacitive keyboard in a very small area and have it reliably hide under the moving display without any friction.

BBMo's KEY line are obviously candybars, so they can copy the Priv's general design idea of a 1 piece keyboard and just make the key grooves as big as needed for a similar feel and travel and resistance as the KEY phones.
    12-01-18 12:18 PM
    BB ltd had to figure out a way to cram a capacitive keyboard in a very small area and have it reliably hide under the moving display without any friction.

BBMo's KEY line are obviously candybars, so they can copy the Priv's general design idea of a 1 piece keyboard and just make the key grooves as big as needed for a similar feel and travel and resistance as the KEY phones.
    I'm not impressed by the thought of a uni-pkb. The joy of typing on a pkb device is the tactile play and response of each individual key.
    GoGoGoose and bh7171 like this.
    12-01-18 12:59 PM
    I'm not impressed by the thought of a uni-pkb. The joy of typing on a pkb device is the tactile play and response of each individual key.
    You might be right, but depending on how the rubber piece is designed, don't you think they could make everyone happy?

I don't see a better way to reliably IP67 a keyboard device, but I may be wrong

As for being unimpressed, that's kind of how I feel about those who have a loose spacebar on their KEY2.
    A unibody keyboard completely solves any possibility of such an "issue"
    12-01-18 02:12 PM
    You might be right, but depending on how the rubber piece is designed, don't you think they could make everyone happy?

I would only accept an IP rating if there are ZERO pkb compromises. The latter is infinitely more important to me.
    AmritD likes this.
    12-01-18 02:18 PM
    I would only accept an IP rating if there are ZERO pkb compromises. The latter is infinitely more important to me.
    Geez all I want is AT&T carrier supported VoLTE and WFC on KEYone or Key2....
    the_boon likes this.
    12-01-18 02:26 PM
    Geez all I want is AT&T carrier supported VoLTE and WFC on KEYone or Key2....
    12-01-18 02:47 PM
    So much for twelve days of Christmas.....
    12-02-18 06:05 PM
    Absolutely.
    I wouldn't want an IP rating at the expense of an inferior keyboard.
    12-03-18 11:08 AM
    Absolutely.
    I wouldn't want an IP rating at the expense of an inferior keyboard.
    Ahh, BB fans are hard to satisfy

To me, it's not just the IP rating (which is AWESOME on its own) but also because no key can ever come loose or get detached with such a one-piece design. It's weatherproof and failproof
    12-03-18 01:34 PM

To me, it's not just the IP rating (which is AWESOME on its own) but also because no key can ever come loose or get detached with such a one-piece design. It's weatherproof and failproof
    but possibly all rubbery and useless like those bluetooth keyboards* for tablets...
    Last edited by mrsimon; 12-03-18 at 04:10 PM.
    12-03-18 03:35 PM

That happens so rarely, I wouldn't even consider it an issue.

There is a reason why every BlackBerry pkb (apart from Priv?) has been built the way it has.

Perhaps there is another way, but I would have it 39th on the priority list - in 10 years I've never had a problem with water.
    12-03-18 03:59 PM
    but possibly all rubbery and useless like those bluetooth tablets for tablets...
    It would basically be just like the Priv but hopefully with more satisfying key travel and resistance like the current KEY devices
    12-03-18 03:59 PM
    It would basically be just like the Priv but hopefully with more satisfying key travel and resistance like the current KEY devices
    *keyboards for tablets...
    12-03-18 04:11 PM

As for being unimpressed, that's kind of how I feel about those who have a loose spacebar on their KEY2.
    A unibody keyboard completely solves any possibility of such an "issue"
    At IBM we had a beautiful fully functioning keyboard in the thinkpad that would easily take glasses of milk and just drain away, and those keyboards compromised nothing and defined what a laptop keyboard should be. It can be done in the pkb too industrial design is fast becoming a lost art!

Posted via CB10
    the_boon and AmritD like this.
    12-03-18 09:49 PM
33 12