I am using one since a couple of days... it is nice, but ... i don't know...it is for me missing something. I will need more time bifore to judge properly...

btw...is there any possibility to use three languages at the same time without having to switch every time among the languages? So far I was able to configurate two languages only....
    03-04-19 04:04 PM
    Yes, generally speaking, the LE is a flawless device that just works and delivers on what it's designed to do
    I can't argue with that.
    03-04-19 04:05 PM
    LE's keyboard is super awesome! Types like a dream and the spacebar is far superior to the KEY2's.

I'm really missing the capacitive keyboard though (can't tell you how many times I instinctively swipe left to delete) and even though most people haven't had issues with it, I find the extra 2 GBs of RAM on the KEY2 makes a big difference in my day to day use.

That's why I'm so super hyped for the KEY2 Red Edition. I got the Atomic LE because I love red phones but always wanted a red KEY2. If they fix the wobbly spacebar on the RE, then I'll have my dream device!
    the_boon, phuoc and elfabio80 like this.
    03-04-19 08:55 PM
    I am using one since a couple of days... it is nice, but ... i don't know...it is for me missing something. I will need more time bifore to judge properly...

btw...is there any possibility to use three languages at the same time without having to switch every time among the languages? So far I was able to configurate two languages only....
    Hi,
    I'ce configured three languages. You can combine the languages you want.
    Go to
    Settings
    System
    Language and input -
    blackberry keyboard
    Multilanguage keyboards, and that should show you the languages you have on your keyboard. Tap on that and you can see which are your primary and Supporting languages.

to be honest, the automatic detection of the language you're typing in, isn't great. I hope they improve it to the level it was on the BB OS.
    03-04-19 11:23 PM
    3 languages, DANG!!! I can barely speak one, I'm so jealous.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-05-19 12:43 AM
    Hi fellow BlackBerry addicts,

I would like to get your opinion about purchase of Key2 LE Dual Sim and didn't want to start a separate thread.

Just to introduce - I'm years long fan of BB starting from BB Bold 9700 > Z10 > Q10 > Classic > Passport + Q5 > Q10 > KeyOne. I still have that Q5 and Classic at home but I also use iPhones ( iP5>iP5S>iP6>iPSE>iP6S).

I prefer iOS over Android any time since BBOS 10 isn't usable anymore (Browser sucks).

I'm currently using iPhone 6S with new battery (cost me 20€ to exchange) and I'm still quite happy with it.

However, I'm feeling like an update should be in place soon. Honestly, I'm not fan of paying 1000 €/USD for a phone, especially when it has no additional value for me compared to the days when phones used to cost half of the price (I really don't need Animoji and other stupidities) and getting iPhone 7/8 sounds like no new experience compared to iPhone 6S.

I use my phone mostly for: listening to Spotify, emails and calendar, messaging (Messenger, Whatsapp), taking some snapshots (don't need to be top quality) and browsing a web.

What phone has to do without any issue is to sync with my Garmin VivoActive 3 watch and work flawless with my AirPods. This is must-have - do you know any Bluetooth related issue?

And here comes the question, is BlackBerry Key2 LE worth spending some 400€ for me? Will I get better experience at least a little bit in case of

• Performance
    • Camera output
    • Battery life

?

I know it will have some benefits for me: Dual Sim (i don't carry a second phone with me - I have forwarded calls), Keyboard! and possibly also new toy to play with.

Thank you for all your answers!

Peter
    03-05-19 01:23 AM
    Hi fellow BlackBerry addicts,

I would like to get your opinion about purchase of Key2 LE Dual Sim and didn't want to start a separate thread.

Just to introduce - I'm years long fan of BB starting from BB Bold 9700 > Z10 > Q10 > Classic > Passport + Q5 > Q10 > KeyOne. I still have that Q5 and Classic at home but I also use iPhones ( iP5>iP5S>iP6>iPSE>iP6S).

I prefer iOS over Android any time since BBOS 10 isn't usable anymore (Browser sucks).

I'm currently using iPhone 6S with new battery (cost me 20€ to exchange) and I'm still quite happy with it.

However, I'm feeling like an update should be in place soon. Honestly, I'm not fan of paying 1000 €/USD for a phone, especially when it has no additional value for me compared to the days when phones used to cost half of the price (I really don't need Animoji and other stupidities) and getting iPhone 7/8 sounds like no new experience compared to iPhone 6S.

I use my phone mostly for: listening to Spotify, emails and calendar, messaging (Messenger, Whatsapp), taking some snapshots (don't need to be top quality) and browsing a web.

What phone has to do without any issue is to sync with my Garmin VivoActive 3 watch and work flawless with my AirPods. This is must-have - do you know any Bluetooth related issue?

And here comes the question, is BlackBerry Key2 LE worth spending some 400€ for me? Will I get better experience at least a little bit in case of

• Performance
    • Camera output
    • Battery life

?

I know it will have some benefits for me: Dual Sim (i don't carry a second phone with me - I have forwarded calls), Keyboard! and possibly also new toy to play with.

Peter
    Compared to the iPhone 6S, the only thing you're losing with the KEY2 LE is 0.2" of screen and a better camera
    03-05-19 08:12 AM
    Compared to the iPhone 6S, the only thing you're losing with the KEY2 LE is 0.2" of screen and a better camera
    I concur. I have the red dual sim. The LE is great value for money and special offers do come up.
    I've learned to live without the capacitive keyboard which is the only sacrifice. If you want the best value for money PKB phone on the market then get the LE !!
    03-05-19 08:39 AM
    Does anyone get "low memory" warnings often?
    03-05-19 10:30 AM
    I concur. I have the red dual sim. The LE is great value for money and special offers do come up.
    I've learned to live without the capacitive keyboard which is the only sacrifice. If you want the best value for money PKB phone on the market then get the LE !!
    Likewise, I'm in the process of transferring from the 6s to my k2le atomic.
    the_boon likes this.
    03-05-19 10:57 AM
    I disabled power center a while ago so I don't get those at all anymore
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-05-19 01:30 PM
    Yes. With too many tabs open in Chrome that happens to me all of the time (ie. every day!). I really wish the LE had a 6 GB option to solve that problem but it doesn't. But most don't report a low memory problem with this phone...
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-05-19 01:43 PM
    I disabled power center a while ago so I don't get those at all anymore
    Does your device run fine though? Do you see it slowing down?
    03-05-19 04:20 PM
    Yes. With too many tabs open in Chrome that happens to me all of the time (ie. every day!). I really wish the LE had a 6 GB option to solve that problem but it doesn't. But most don't report a low memory problem with this phone...
    So it’s not open apps, but rather open tabs in chrome? I don’t use chrome that often so I wasn’t thinking of that.
    03-05-19 04:21 PM
    So it’s not open apps, but rather open tabs in chrome? I don’t use chrome that often so I wasn’t thinking of that.
    Yes - I can only report that message with too many open tabs in Chrome specifically. And Chrome's memory management is horrible. If I close Chrome and reopen it with the same tabs open the memory problem goes away. I need to do that daily or the Chrome memory leakage will cause too many problems.
    03-05-19 04:34 PM
    Yes - I can only report that message with too many open tabs in Chrome specifically. And Chrome's memory management is horrible. If I close Chrome and reopen it with the same tabs open the memory problem goes away. I need to do that daily or the Chrome memory leakage will cause too many problems.
    But the thing is I have a Nokia 7.1 and I don’t get those notifications. Both have the same amount of memory yet I don’t get that notification on the Nokia.
    I’m assuming they must handle Chrome differently?
    03-05-19 04:37 PM
    Does your device run fine though? Do you see it slowing down?
    Nope, neither of my LE's are any slower than when I took them out of the box
    hplovecraft likes this.
    03-05-19 06:48 PM

Anyone experienced any Bluetooth issue? (I've seen something in a review of KEY2 on YT). Is battery life so much worse compared to KeyOne? And camera is really worse then iPhone 6S? (released 3,5 years ago!)
    03-06-19 01:09 AM

Anyone experienced any Bluetooth issue? (I've seen something in a review of KEY2 on YT). Is battery life so much worse compared to KeyOne? And camera is really worse then iPhone 6S? (released 3,5 years ago!)
    My colleague has an iPhone 7. I have an LE. With shooting photos using some manual settings on my LE we both feel the pics of the LE are better.
    03-06-19 08:28 AM
    My colleague has an iPhone 7. I have an LE. With shooting photos using some manual settings on my LE we both feel the pics of the LE are better.
    I’ve never been a great picture taker so have not gotten great pictures on my phones.
    What manual settings do you use on your LE?
    03-06-19 02:30 PM
    I’ve never been a great picture taker so have not gotten great pictures on my phones.
    What manual settings do you use on your LE?
    Depends, mostly I play with ISO and also with manual focus. The portraitmode is another feature that is a regular for me.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-06-19 04:01 PM
    I agree. my favorite blackberry phone to date. best looking and best feel
    hplovecraft likes this.
    03-08-19 12:31 PM
    it's amazing how the LE made me forget about capacitive keys.

Although I wish the LE had that feature.. in the end it doesn't bother me much. the LE keyboards feel and clickiness is perfect. easiest blackberry to type on by far.
    mike_f_369 and the_boon like this.
    03-08-19 12:33 PM
    easiest droidberry to type on by far.
    Fixed it!

But yeah, I totally agree.

I'm rocking my Slate LE naked right now (with tempered glass protector) and it's so light you don't get any fatigue
    TgeekB, elfabio80 and hplovecraft like this.
    03-08-19 03:40 PM
    Fixed it!

But yeah, I totally agree.

I'm rocking my Slate LE naked right now (with tempered glass protector) and it's so light you don't get any fatigue
    It is extremely light and well balanced.
    03-08-19 04:03 PM
91 1234