10-15-18 03:09 AM
47 12
tools
    Sorry BB, but I can't live without swiping left to delete words on PKB since Passport and now on KEYone. You could leave at least this swipe gesture.

Honestly, it's the only swipe gesture I'm using all the time, Literally. How about you, members?
    09-21-18 08:52 AM
    Sorry BB, but I can't live without swiping left to delete words on PKB since Passport and now on KEYone. You could leave at least this swipe gesture.

Honestly, it's the only swipe gesture I'm using all the time, Literally. How about you, members?
    It is there on both the KEYone and Key2. Not sure what you're talking.

Edit: didn't realize I was in the KEY2 LE forum. My mistake.
    iHadLastBB likes this.
    09-21-18 08:55 AM

Capacitive keys are either all-in, or all-out. Something has to give to keep the price down. It is what it is.
    09-21-18 08:57 AM
    Those coming from Classic, Q10, 9900, etc. are used to not having keyboard gestures. Others like me disabled keyboard gestures on the Passport, PRIV, and KEYone because it hindered more than helped our typing styles and accuracy.

I think the KEY2 LE will fill an important spot in the BlackBerry lineup and appeal to many.
    Pcmhp likes this.
    09-21-18 09:00 AM
    Those coming from Classic, Q10, 9900, etc. are used to not having keyboard gestures. Others like me disabled keyboard gestures on the Passport, PRIV, and KEYone because it hindered more than helped our typing styles and accuracy.

I think the KEY2 LE will fill an important spot in the BlackBerry lineup and appeal to many.
    Ok.. Just disabled it on KEYone.. Gonna try to see if I can stand the pain

+ 5 years of using swipes since BB10 VKB become as cigarettes you know, don't know if I can quit convenience now.. First reason I'm still using BB, Will see
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 09-21-18 at 09:51 AM.
    09-21-18 09:09 AM
    Ok.. Just disabled it on KEYone.. Gonna try to see if I can stand the pain

+ 5 years of using swipes since BB10 VKB become as cigarettes you know, don't know if I can quit convenience now.. First reason I'm still using BB, Will see
    If that is a must-have feature for you, then the KEY2 is your best option.

But it's good that you're at least willing to try to live without it! Keep in mind that you need to give yourself at least 3-4 weeks to retrain your muscle memory, so be patient!

Good luck!
    iHadLastBB likes this.
    09-21-18 10:40 AM
    Does Alt-Backspace work the same?
    09-22-18 04:52 AM
    Does Alt-Backspace work the same?
    How does it work?
    09-22-18 10:23 AM
    Can we use Alt-Backspace to delete previous word? for the same function of swipe left.
    09-22-18 10:25 AM
    Yes I love that feature.

Would be great if they could sense a swipe left along the nav keys. Some phones do that as a gesture, but those may be on screen buttons.
    09-22-18 12:44 PM
    Can we use Alt-Backspace to delete previous word? for the same function of swipe left.
    Thanks for new finding, but it only works with right shift key and backspace.

How can I make it work with Alt and backspace?
    09-22-18 03:17 PM

I haven't tried. Maybe we can suggest it to BlackBerry Mobile.
    09-22-18 07:27 PM
    I've had my swipe functionality off since my PRIV. Was accidentally swiping up on words because my fingers hover so closely over the keyboard when typing.
    09-23-18 03:17 AM
    Coming from a classic to a priv, then Keyone then back to classic I'm good without it. Never used it and disabled in priv and Keyone. I just hope that the reception and speaker phone are up to par on the LE.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-18 03:03 PM
    I was on the same boat. Ever since the PP introduced the capacitive KB I was hooked. Not anymore, I just disabled it on my Key2 after all the sensitivity issues I've been having and it has been the best decision I've made with this phone. I no longer feel frustrated while typing. I do miss the wifi calling and text feature only when I'm at my job where I have bad service I use whatsapp and messenger instead
    DallinCrump likes this.
    09-29-18 10:51 PM
    I would have rather have them use one camera set up to save cost then use the money to include the capacitive keyboard.

They should not have cut corners on the keyboard in a BlackBerry. I will hold on to my Motion for now.
    10-05-18 12:59 PM
    I would have rather have them use one camera set up to save cost then use the money to include the capacitive keyboard.

They should not have cut corners on the keyboard in a BlackBerry. I will hold on to my Motion for now.
    And for every comment like this there will be people complaining about the camera.

They can't please everyone, but I think the KEY2 LE has a lot of great features for the price.
    asiayeah and the_boon like this.
    10-05-18 03:36 PM
    I was on the same boat. Ever since the PP introduced the capacitive KB I was hooked. Not anymore, I just disabled it on my Key2 after all the sensitivity issues I've been having and it has been the best decision I've made with this phone. I no longer feel frustrated while typing. I do miss the wifi calling and text feature only when I'm at my job where I have bad service I use whatsapp and messenger instead
    What where those "sensitivity issues" that made you disable such a crucial feature?
    10-07-18 10:54 PM

What is this alt+backspace or shift+backspace feature? Is it also a feature on my KeyONE?
    10-07-18 10:55 PM
    What where those "sensitivity issues" that made you disable such a crucial feature?
    The cursor will pop up and the on screen character keyboard as well in the middle of typing. Also when flick typing I would have to swipe up two or three times then delete the word that finally went up because it wasn't the on I was flicking. It was very frustrating dealing with this phone. Ever since I dumbed down the keyboard and turned it to an LE it's so much better I don't even miss the swipe to delete any longer. I'm hoping to stay with this phone for at least 2years. Ever since I've came back to BlackBerry since the Q10 I have not owned one phone for more than 6 months I've been through all the bb's but this one is the last one I don't want to continue purchasing phones. Especially over priced and non working ones.
    10-07-18 11:03 PM
    The cursor will pop up and the on screen character keyboard as well in the middle of typing. Also when flick typing I would have to swipe up two or three times then delete the word that finally went up because it wasn't the on I was flicking. It was very frustrating dealing with this phone. Ever since I dumbed down the keyboard and turned it to an LE it's so much better I don't even miss the swipe to delete any longer. I'm hoping to stay with this phone for at least 2years. Ever since I've came back to BlackBerry since the Q10 I have not owned one phone for more than 6 months I've been through all the bb's but this one is the last one I don't want to continue purchasing phones. Especially over priced and non working ones.
    If the KEY2 was a "non working device" for you, why would you say you want to keep it for another 2 years?
    10-08-18 03:52 AM
    I know you posted in the relevant issue thread. Did you ever send in a issue report?
    10-08-18 04:36 AM
    If the KEY2 was a "non working device" for you, why would you say you want to keep it for another 2 years?
    Because I don't want to continue spending money on cell phones so I will just deal with what I got. Even though the keyboard falls short and doesn't work as it should due to its sensitivity issue after dumbing it down to LE level it works well but not as intended.
    10-08-18 09:06 AM
    I know you posted in the relevant issue thread. Did you ever send in a issue report?
    Honestly, I don't want to go through the headache of having to run all these test and wipe this and that. I have insurance but it's not a hardware issue so I don't want to go through the hassle and still have the same issue. The phone works with the gestures turned off and I'll keep it like that. Wish I had waited for the LE but it's all good.
    10-08-18 10:44 AM
    Honestly, I don't want to go through the headache of having to run all these test and wipe this and that. I have insurance but it's not a hardware issue so I don't want to go through the hassle and still have the same issue. The phone works with the gestures turned off and I'll keep it like that. Wish I had waited for the LE but it's all good.
    You can always sell it and use that money for the LE
    Egonzalez1978 likes this.
    10-08-18 11:02 AM
47 12