I got my Key 2 LE 3 Weeks ago and it was working perfectly till I updated to ACI448

After the update I started having issues with Text Messages.

When I send out a Text Message - it shows sending for a long time under the message,

The message delivers to the recipient about 3 or 4 times then after a While it says - Not sent- please try again.

What I have tried.

1. I updated the Hub+ and all Blackberry software - no changes
    2. I tried clearing cache and data from android messages - no fix
    3. I force stopped all the apps and restarted
    4. I changed the default messaging app from Android messages and disabled Android Messages
    5. I've reset network settings from the Android Settings
    6. I've done the 32 Second restart.
    7. I've started the device in safe mode - still the same thing
    8. I've done a Factory reset (thrice now) and tried the sms without installing any apps or making any configurations - same issue.

From this, I believe the issue must be with the Android version but I cannot see any guide online on how to rollback for the Key 2 LE.

If anyone has any alternate solutions to the issue or a link to a guide on how I can do the rollback would be very glad.
    Last edited by ricoenoro; 01-23-20 at 04:04 AM.
    01-23-20 03:29 AM
    You're messing with the wrong culprit.

Problem is with Android's new RCS system. It's still in the early stages of implementation and there seems to be a lot of bugs to iron out.

Do this:

Go to text messages, go to settings, click on "chat features" and disable it.

Voila!

RCS turned off and it's back to the good ol' regular text messages.

For those messages stuck in "sending" , highlight and delete them.

You should now be able to send texts as normal.

How can I downgrade Android Version?- SMS going multiple times but shows not sent...-screenshot_20200123-020015.jpegHow can I downgrade Android Version?- SMS going multiple times but shows not sent...-screenshot_20200123-020406.jpeg
    01-23-20 04:06 AM
    Thanks for the response!

It appears mine doesn't have the chat features setting.

How can I downgrade Android Version?- SMS going multiple times but shows not sent...-screenshot_20200123-125526.jpgHow can I downgrade Android Version?- SMS going multiple times but shows not sent...-screenshot_20200123-125558.jpg
    01-23-20 06:06 AM
    I just updated the Android Messages app and it now has chat features but says; "Chat features unavailable for this device. Your device does not currently support this feature."
    01-23-20 06:55 AM
    I just updated the Android Messages app and it now has chat features but says; "Chat features unavailable for this device. Your device does not currently support this feature."
    You're the only one reporting this problem, so it's impossible that the December patch is responsible.

Maybe try replacing the SIM card, and running the autoloader in wipe mode.
    01-23-20 08:25 AM
    You're the only one reporting this problem, so it's impossible that the December patch is responsible.

Maybe try replacing the SIM card, and running the autoloader in wipe mode.
    Please do you have a link to the Autoloader that would work for this? PRD65004-004

I just noticed SIMs from a different network work perfectly, but SIMs from the initial give this issue so it might be from the network provider but I just got of a call from them and they've flat out denied,
    01-23-20 08:36 AM
    Please do you have a link to the Autoloader that would work for this? PRD65004-004

I just noticed SIMs from a different network work perfectly, but SIMs from the initial give this issue so it might be from the network provider but I just got of a call from them and they've flat out denied,
    Here's the link, but I wouldn't bother now. This is clearly a network provisioning issue.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...patch-1179970/
    ricoenoro likes this.
    01-23-20 08:37 AM
    Another thing to try..

Settings>apps & notifications>scroll to the bottom and click see all apps, then click on "carrier services"

Storage>CLEAR CACHE

How can I downgrade Android Version?- SMS going multiple times but shows not sent...-screenshot_20200123-080613.jpegHow can I downgrade Android Version?- SMS going multiple times but shows not sent...-screenshot_20200123-080621.jpgHow can I downgrade Android Version?- SMS going multiple times but shows not sent...-screenshot_20200123-080627.jpg
    01-23-20 10:06 AM
    hell you can even try clear data as it should get auto generated again as needed
    01-23-20 11:18 AM
    This is an interesting issue.

Clearing the Cache and Data of Carrier services hasn't worked either.

I'd just swap the SIM Card to the other Network which works for now.

I've swapped the SIM
    01-23-20 12:23 PM
    I'm getting the exact same problem in the UK on Virgin Mobile. Have tried multiple updates and re-installation of SMS Messages app and tried other apps to no avail. Problem began following the last Android update. Turning off chat and clearing cache not solved it. Further advice welcome
    01-23-20 05:46 PM
    I'm getting the exact same problem in the UK on Virgin Mobile. Have tried multiple updates and re-installation of SMS Messages app and tried other apps to no avail. Problem began following the last Android update. Turning off chat and clearing cache not solved it. Further advice welcome
    Now we are 2.

I even called my mobile network but they said nothing weird at their end.

I'm suspecting reversing the last update would solve the problem but can't find a guide or the right ROM to use.
    Apparently not too many people using Blackberries.

I'd try some more fixes over the weekend and if any works would post here.
    01-24-20 04:24 AM
    I had MMS issues on the Key1 and switched to the Textra app for SMS and MMS and I've been super happy with it. I bought the pro version. better features than the native messaging app.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    01-28-20 10:07 AM
    I am having this same issue since last update on my Key2 BBF100-6
    02-02-20 04:41 AM
    You cannot use a different ROM on any blackberry device. it won't work. Impossible. likely also an issue with the carrier or the messaging application.

Samsung's messaging application also has the same bug, it'll say "send failed, retry?" even after it was sent.
    02-02-20 11:12 AM
    I have the exact same problem as the original poster describes. I have tried all the suggested solutions except running the autoloader in wipe mode. When I try to use the autoloader I get the error:

"Loader is not valid for this device, the device product detected is bbe100dsglobaleea"

I have the Key2 LE, BBE100-4, APBI-PRD65004561. Live in Denmark and my carrier is TDC.
    02-15-20 11:03 AM
    I have the exact same problem as the original poster describes. I have tried all the suggested solutions except running the autoloader in wipe mode. When I try to use the autoloader I get the error:

"Loader is not valid for this device, the device product detected is bbe100dsglobaleea"

I have the Key2 LE, BBE100-4, APBI-PRD65004561. Live in Denmark and my carrier is TDC.
    You're using the wrong loader. You need the one specifically for PRDs ending in -5xx.
    02-15-20 11:24 AM
    You're using the wrong loader. You need the one specifically for PRDs ending in -5xx.
    I am using "KEY2_ACI448_eea.7z". (Also just tried the other one with the same result)

I think the problem is in line 32:
    "if not "%devname%" == "bbf100""
    Since my device registers as "bbe100" this if sentence fails.

Is it safe for me to use it anyway?

P.S thanks for your help it is highly appreciated.
    02-17-20 11:37 AM
    I am using "KEY2_ACI448_eea.7z". (Also just tried the other one with the same result)

I think the problem is in line 32:
    "if not "%devname%" == "bbf100""
    Since my device registers as "bbe100" this if sentence fails.

Is it safe for me to use it anyway?

P.S thanks for your help it is highly appreciated.
    You're using the wrong one. Go to the KEY² LE autoloader thread.

/blackberry-key2-le-f474/key2-le-aci448-autoloader-dec-patch-1179800/
    02-17-20 02:56 PM
    You're using the wrong one. Go to the KEY² LE autoloader thread.

/blackberry-key2-le-f474/key2-le-aci448-autoloader-dec-patch-1179800/
    Ahhh I feel very silly now. I was indeed using the wrong one...
    Using the correct file I managed to flash the phone. However, I still have the duplicate message issue.

Is it possible to flash an older firmware version like ACF885 (Nov patch)?
    And could you possibly re-upload it? as the link in the threat is not working anymore.

Thank you so much
    02-28-20 01:53 PM
    Ahhh I feel very silly now. I was indeed using the wrong one...
    Using the correct file I managed to flash the phone. However, I still have the duplicate message issue.

Is it possible to flash an older firmware version like ACF885 (Nov patch)?
    And could you possibly re-upload it? as the link in the threat is not working anymore.

Thank you so much
    I deleted the old one. Trust me, it has nothing to do with the update.

Maybe remove the accounts, clear both caches for both HUB+ Inbox and Services, reboot, and then add your accounts back. Grant all permissions when asked.
    02-28-20 03:25 PM
    I deleted the old one. Trust me, it has nothing to do with the update.

Maybe remove the accounts, clear both caches for both HUB+ Inbox and Services, reboot, and then add your accounts back. Grant all permissions when asked.
    I have tried both cleaning data and catch for Google messages, carrier service, BB Hub+, and BB Inbox.
    I even tried disabling them and for some of them uninstalled to get a previous version.

Nothing changes. Still get the "message not send" after it have sent the message 4 times. (It is always 4 times)
    It almost seems like the phone is expecting an acknowledgment from the cell tower that it never receives.

What should the clear data and clear catch function do that the "wipe all" flash don't do?

Besides going back to an older version I am out of ideas. I found an older autoloader on this side:
    https://bbviet.info/software/key2-le_autoload_ace748/
    Have any of you guys tried autoloaders from this side before?
    I Don't want to brick my phone but need to be able to text with it again.

What about you @ricoenoro did you ever solve the problem?
    02-29-20 02:54 PM
    I have tried both cleaning data and catch for Google messages, carrier service, BB Hub+, and BB Inbox.
    I even tried disabling them and for some of them uninstalled to get a previous version.

Nothing changes. Still get the "message not send" after it have sent the message 4 times. (It is always 4 times)
    It almost seems like the phone is expecting an acknowledgment from the cell tower that it never receives.

What should the clear data and clear catch function do that the "wipe all" flash don't do?

Besides going back to an older version I am out of ideas. I found an older autoloader on this side:
    https://bbviet.info/software/key2-le_autoload_ace748/
    Have any of you guys tried autoloaders from this side before?
    I Don't want to brick my phone but need to be able to text with it again.

What about you @ricoenoro did you ever solve the problem?
    I will make an autoloader for you. What is your PRD again?
    02-29-20 04:42 PM
    I will make an autoloader for you. What is your PRD again?
    Key2 LE, BBE100-4, APBI-PRD65004-561

Thanks a lot, you are a lifesaver
    03-01-20 03:42 AM
    Key2 LE, BBE100-4, APBI-PRD65004-561

Thanks a lot, you are a lifesaver
    https://mega.nz/#!8RZiRQwI!lAXt01Ydr...ydAcqehoIKD_lY

This is specifically for the BBE100-4 with PRDs ending in -5xx.
    03-01-20 05:03 PM
57 123