How can anyone say that LE has grippy back? I was still fighting with it, but slippery won today..
    K2LE - the most damaged phone I ever had and I have it a month.
    Attached Thumbnails How can anyone say that LE has grippy back?-r0015296.jpg   How can anyone say that LE has grippy back?-r0015297.jpg   How can anyone say that LE has grippy back?-r0015298.jpg  
    01-03-19 02:22 PM
    Not everyone has your luxuriously soft, well-moisturized hands and are sweaty handed? Grippiness is pretty subjective.
    01-03-19 02:44 PM
    I can put BB Classic, plastic alcatel Vibe S1, glossy Xiaomi Mi4, Xiaomi Redmi 6 in my hand and will hold pretty good angle (would not say standing but not far comparing to LE) just lying in my hand. LE will slips down at less then 45 degree.
    Am I comparing it to wrong phones? Did I randomly choose the ones with best grip?
    01-03-19 02:56 PM
    Not everyone has your luxuriously soft, well-moisturized hands and are sweaty handed? Grippiness is pretty subjective.
    Lololololooooo. Bla1ze stop!
    01-03-19 03:13 PM
    Lololololooooo. Bla1ze stop!
    Whuuut? Self care is important.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-03-19 03:15 PM
    Well now you have an excuse to buy the atomic red. ^^
    the_boon and jamesharmeling like this.
    01-03-19 03:37 PM
    You dropped this phone while it was naked.

I'd be thankful the screen or rear camera didn't break. The frame absorbed the shock.
    01-03-19 05:50 PM
    Well now you have an excuse to buy the atomic red. ^^
    Why would I want atomic? Has it really better grip?

You dropped this phone while it was naked.
    I'd be thankful the screen or rear camera didn't break. The frame absorbed the shock.
    I am . But I hate that it is damaged. Never damaged any of my phones before (one time I dropped Nokia E7 and it slided on concrete two meters on screen - less scratches then LE have..) like this one.

I wish I bought new battery to Classic instead of LE and stick with it until the end of the year. No way it will hold 3-4 years . Also, now I will have to live with that stupid low build quality - spots on screen. They won't replace the device again and now with the damage, service won't replace the screen because "you dropped it".
    01-04-19 04:25 AM
    Atomic is same grip but nicer colour for me ^^

About the grip itself, i know its not one of the most grippiest devices out there, but if you take one of the last high end (like s9, wich is full glass body) in one hand and le in the other, you can feel literally how s9 slide out from your hand. It doesn't happen wich le.
    01-04-19 05:24 AM
    I was really disappointed that the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Key² didn't have the back made out of the same back material as the Passport.
    01-04-19 06:50 AM
    The Priv has by far the grippiest of backs I've ever touched.

It also helps that the back extends to the sides in that phone.

Whatever material they used in that phone... TCL should make use of it again.

You could hold the Priv in like almost a 90 degree angle and it still sticks to the hand.

Try that with a glass back phone lol
    01-04-19 07:13 AM
    The Priv has by far the grippiest of backs I've ever touched.

It also helps that the back extends to the sides in that phone.

Whatever material they used in that phone... TCL should make use of it again.

You could hold the Priv in like almost a 90 degree angle and it still sticks to the hand.

Try that with a glass back phone lol
    Try that with LE
    01-04-19 08:04 AM
    I haven't had the LE in my hand, but with the Keyone some people, also stated it had a great gripping back. Like a very well known part of this side who IIRC said "The phone is virtually glued to your hands!" even though I can't recall many people who even dared claiming the K1 back as grippy. The Key2 was a true improvement but still not as good as Passport SE in my opinion. Yet with the LE, from what I heard, the majority of people seem to agree the back again is a step in the wrong direction, not as bad as K1, but for sure not as "okay" as the K2.
    01-04-19 01:36 PM
    I haven't had the LE in my hand, but with the Keyone some people, also stated it had a great gripping back. Like a very well known part of this side who IIRC said "The phone is virtually glued to your hands!" even though I can't recall many people who even dared claiming the K1 back as grippy. The Key2 was a true improvement but still not as good as Passport SE in my opinion. Yet with the LE, from what I heard, the majority of people seem to agree the back again is a step in the wrong direction, not as bad as K1, but for sure not as "okay" as the K2.
    The KEYone was pretty close to the Priv, which was like... almost gross to a point. It always felt sticky. Like if you put it in your pocket, it was going to get covered in lint like a sucked on Lollipop lol.

I never had any issues with the KEY2 or the KEY2 LE, but I also have no problem in saying that the grippiness factor of a phone isn't exactly at the top of my care factors. I just feel bad for @skkayman having a dinged up device.
    01-04-19 01:43 PM
    it's grippy enough for me!
    anon(10538261) likes this.
    01-04-19 04:15 PM
    How can anyone say that LE has grippy back? I was still fighting with it, but slippery won today..
    K2LE - the most damaged phone I ever had and I have it a month.
    It is very grippy. I've never dropped mine once or even come close. Maybe get a phone ring on the back that may help
    01-04-19 11:37 PM
    The KEYone was pretty close to the Priv, which was like... almost gross to a point. It always felt sticky. Like if you put it in your pocket, it was going to get covered in lint like a sucked on Lollipop lol.

I never had any issues with the KEY2 or the KEY2 LE, but I also have no problem in saying that the grippiness factor of a phone isn't exactly at the top of my care factors. I just feel bad for @skkayman having a dinged up device.
    So KeyOne is better, nearly as Priv (or Passport black?)? I should have bought K1 then.. Bronze is beautiful and cheaper..
    Would miss the speed key but it is not a dealbreaker for me - I have got used to tap on circle and tap on icon on homepage. All ~14 used apps I have at bottom two rows and right column so it is fast. Also, double tap on rectangle is working good too.

I do not want Pie - I would miss three hw/capacitive navigation buttons (so I probably won't buy K3LE too). CPU is no difference for me. Incovenience key (I call it that way because I am still misspressing it with power button) is placed better and it is convenience key.
    But I am not sure about the size of keyboard, I feel this one is on limit size for me - Classic keyboard is bigger.
    01-08-19 01:47 AM
    It is very grippy. I've never dropped mine once or even come close. Maybe get a phone ring on the back that may help
    I would not be able to use pouch then, holder on table at work and home (so I can see LED diode) and I am still waiting for car holder from Brodit (and seems there will be none for K2s ). Also, I hate these rings, my sister-in-law has it on her iphone and I do not like it .
    01-08-19 01:50 AM
    So KeyOne is better, nearly as Priv (or Passport black?)? I should have bought K1 then.. Bronze is beautiful and cheaper..
    Would miss the speed key but it is not a dealbreaker for me - I have got used to tap on circle and tap on icon on homepage. All ~14 used apps I have at bottom two rows and right column so it is fast. Also, double tap on rectangle is working good too.

I do not want Pie - I would miss three hw/capacitive navigation buttons (so I probably won't buy K3LE too). CPU is no difference for me. Incovenience key (I call it that way because I am still misspressing it with power button) is placed better and it is convenience key.
    But I am not sure about the size of keyboard, I feel this one is on limit size for me - Classic keyboard is bigger.
    The KEYone is absolutely NOT grippier than the LE by any stretch.

The back material is more slippery, the sides are rounded therefore more slippery, and it's heavier therefore more gravity pull, which means more chance of dropping it.

The LE isn't as grippy as the Priv, but it's MUCH better than the KEYone which can feel like a soap bar when handling it
    anon(10572257) likes this.
    01-08-19 09:39 AM
    Scratches and dents are badges of honor and give character to tech. Kudos to the designers that the frame absorbed the damage rather than the screen breaking.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    asiayeah likes this.
    01-08-19 02:00 PM
    Scratches and dents are badges of honor and give character to tech. Kudos to the designers that the frame absorbed the damage rather than the screen breaking.

True. Sometimes I feel like I own the device only after it got scratched. It's those marks that make each gadget unique. Having said that, I haven't yet dropped my LE.

If it got corners scratched, I would suggest getting a backcover. It can covers the corners pretty well and you shall feel the devices new again.
    01-09-19 03:23 AM

But I cannot now return it to get the screen fixed. I have two weird spots on the screen. This is second device, first had problems with keyboard..
    I wish I never bought LE
    01-09-19 03:41 AM
    The KEYone is absolutely NOT grippier than the LE by any stretch.

The back material is more slippery, the sides are rounded therefore more slippery, and it's heavier therefore more gravity pull, which means more chance of dropping it.

The LE isn't as grippy as the Priv, but it's MUCH better than the KEYone which can feel like a soap bar when handling it
    LOL, then it is good I did not buy K1 (which I wanted to buy at first but got persuaded here on forums to buy LE) .

I am still using Classic to login at work because our security department changed things and now I cannot change token for new device in mobilepass and it took a lot of effort to let them do it for me. And because I replaced the first LE and wanted the second replace too (I cannot now) one, I was waiting.
    The Classic is just perfect in hardware - ideal size, perfect grip, great keyboard feedback, good weight and is much more sturdy. My fingers forget the gestures from muscle memory in last few weeks but that is normal. Even the BBmo boss said that he wanted Classic with android..
    01-09-19 03:59 AM
    I think I have figured it out. All the glass vkb phones (slabs as boon calls them) are smaller then K2LE. And without PKB, I hold them differently. I am holding LE at the bottom so I can start writing any time (and was able to control the Classic without touching the screen). Now, when I want to change tab in browser, choose different person in messenger, anything on top of screen (which is on android stupidly always on upper part), I have to reposition LE in my hand. And that is the problem, where it is slippery.
    I did not realized it at first and still was thinking it is because of slippery back (I am really fascinating why they made the back of rubber but make it so slippy) but it is not that big problem because I am holding the phone usually on the sides (something you do not thing about, like when you walk, you do not tell legs what to do..).
    When I reposition the hand/phone, I relax my fingers so the phone will move and there is where I expect that phone will not fall or move so easy, that the rubber will make it gripier.
    Plastic on Alcatel I have at home is grippier. And even glassy Xiaomi is grippier, not really but when I feel glass back, my brain register it so my hand won't let it fall off. Simple reflex I need to change in my brain, that rubber is not that grippy. I really do not know how will I live with this phone for next years, I am thinking to sell it even now and try K2 used from ebay.
    01-18-19 09:07 AM
    True. Sometimes I feel like I own the device only after it got scratched. It's those marks that make each gadget unique. Having said that, I haven't yet dropped my LE.

If it got corners scratched, I would suggest getting a backcover. It can covers the corners pretty well and you shall feel the devices new again.
    I got this case and it's fantastic has raised edges around each corner and the entire frame
    Attached Thumbnails How can anyone say that LE has grippy back?-6581.jpg  
    01-18-19 01:30 PM
26 12