Hi on all other android devices, if I didn't manually choose to upgrade, the system would stay put. However I just caught it downloading an update in background. How do I prevent this? Unless I choose, I don't want to be forced to update - like in the win 10 now - bc of "mission critical issues".

Anyone?
    02-01-19 09:59 PM
    Hi on all other android devices, if I didn't manually choose to upgrade, the system would stay put. However I just caught it downloading an update in background. How do I prevent this? Unless I choose, I don't want to be forced to update - like in the win 10 now - bc of "mission critical issues".

Anyone?
    You always want to update Android - it contains the latest security patches.
    02-01-19 10:27 PM
    That may be but without being too specific, probs with the phone could mean potential morbidity and/or mortality.

I don't want to argue on merits of updating but am concerned about control of if they happen or not which was never an issue on other android devices.

I found the update app. Unfortunately I can't disable it. What if I reset the app and user data? Will that only delete the download or create other potential problems? Help: stopping system update-notable-00057.jpeg
    02-01-19 10:51 PM
    That may be but without being too specific, probs with the phone could mean potential morbidity and/or mortality.

I don't want to argue on merits of updating but am concerned about control of if they happen or not which was never an issue on other android devices.

I found the update app. Unfortunately I can't disable it. What if I reset the app and user data? Will that only delete the download or create other potential problems? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00057.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	442774
    Just go to settings, system, system updates, tap 3 dots, and disable automatic download.
    02-02-19 12:04 AM
    Just go to settings, system, system updates, tap 3 dots, and disable automatic download.
    Ah thank you kind sir. I can't tell what's new in just changes from Nougat to Oreo vs what's vanilla android vs BB android. Thanks again.
    02-02-19 12:16 AM