Hi, I am trying to setup my LE to my need but android is doing what it can to do the opposite .

1) How can I change vibration pattern? SMS vibrationg is very very very short.

2) I am using weechat, it run in the background. So I have permanent notification that it runs in the background. I am unable to turn it off for this one application. I can disable ALL "run in background" notification but not nly the one I do not want to because I know that it runs in the background.

3) Patch from Conite's howto GMS/PlayStore on BB10 does not works for me - I do not want to know about disabled Google mobile service when I start some apps. (I have GMS and Play store disabled). That would help with paid apps downloaded with Yalp Store?

4) What are these two icons?? I would say - NO SIM. But there is one SIM card present..
    Help me with setting up the K2LE-screenshot_20181210-220832_1.png

5) What are this two things on the screen? I am trying to clean it all day, cleaned also yesterday. When I used wet wipe for screens, it seems like to be cleaned out, but it will be get back soon. I cannot touch that, I hope it is not something brokend! The phone dropped on carpet but this just popuped up now and it should not be from the fall. Help me with setting up the K2LE-untitled.png

6) I understand that Hub has limitation which I found out is why I am not using the phone all the day (all the time I want). What will happened if I disable it? Productivity tab's tab will not show HUB, but would it be possible to have it. HUB+ services ca be disable? What will happen?

7) I do not understand the "profiles", it is like back to the time of Siemens C35 - Normal Silent, Vibration.

8) Can I do something with slippery back? It is bad comparing to Classic.

9) How to setup brightness of keyboard? It can be done only in night mode?

10) Black background in HUB, Settings? I love it that way, so now, QKSMS and some other apps are black, some are dark gray and settings are white.

11) SMS application where I can select and copy part of text of sms? Ideally opensourced lik QKSMS.

12) BOX.com alternative? On BB10, it was bugged and did not uploaded all my photos so I was happy with switch to android. But they changed rules when they discontinued BB10 last month and automatic update is only with paid account. I have FREE 50GB. Pity.. I am thinking about raspberry pi and nextcloud at home, but that will be slower and most cloud services.

13) Picture lock - why it cannot be used when screen size is set to Small?? WHY? Everything is too big by my taste when I set Display size to anything else then Small..

14) Right part of the keyboard has keys steered to the right, left part is more or less parallel to the screen and phone. Is this normal?? I haven't notice this with previous - returned phone..
    Help me with setting up the K2LE-img_20181210_230656.jpg

15) Can you recommend me app for youtube, facebook profile photos sync to contacts.

16) I am using Ewie launcher, any thought why I should not? I would like that it have folders in app drawer.. But have not seen launcher like this unfortunatelly.

Thank you, this beer is on me!
    Code:
            ~  ~
          ( o )o)
         ( o )o )o)
       (o( ~~~~~~~~o
       ( )' ~~~~~~~'
       ( )|)       |-.
         o|     _  |-. \
         o| |_||_) |  \ \
          | | ||_) |   | |
         o|        |  / /
          |        |." "
          |        |- '
          .========.   mb
    12-10-18 04:43 PM
    I also have a weird stain on my Key2 display top right corner. I feel so disappointed with this phone I think 🤔 it may be my last BlackBerry
    ChezRosbif likes this.
    12-10-18 09:50 PM
    I also have a weird stain on my Key2 display top right corner. I feel so disappointed with this phone I think it may be my last BlackBerry
    Just exchange it
    RCJ28 likes this.
    12-11-18 05:47 AM
    For vibrations, profiles and LED I had to install (from the PlayStore) Contact Vibrate, Sound Profile and Light Manager. It will take some some to integrate them in order to get close to the easy/embedded/everything worked together BBs of old.

Posted via CB10
    skkayman likes this.
    12-11-18 06:29 PM
    Why is the phone app showing the phone number in weird format? How to change that?? For example, number 0944000000 where 0944 is number prefix is shown 094-400-0000.
    12-19-18 07:00 AM
    How can I disable using Volume buttons on locked phone? Also top bar can be opened! WHAT? Anyone can disable wifi, enable NFC or set airplane mode without unlocking the phone. Why locking it then?
    02-14-19 03:01 AM
    How can I disable using Volume buttons on locked phone? Also top bar can be opened! WHAT? Anyone can disable wifi, enable NFC or set airplane mode without unlocking the phone. Why locking it then?
    It appears that this can be done on all android phones. It's the same on my wife's Samsung and my Dtek50.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-14-19 04:07 AM
    It appears that this can be done on all android phones. It's the same on my wife's Samsung and my Dtek50.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    My coworker's oneplus does it too.
    I thought that Blackberry phones are secure androids.. This should be optional, just like optional lock, optional content showing on lock screen, etc.
    02-15-19 01:21 AM

14) Right part of the keyboard has keys steered to the right, left part is more or less parallel to the screen and phone. Is this normal?? I haven't notice this with previous - returned phone..
    My keyboard has slight symmetrical slant to the left and right — by design, I suppose.
    There may be various micron-level irregularities about individual key placement, shape, slant etc. But nothing I would want to be too picky about. It’s a mass-produced plasticky mechanical device, after all.
    The dividers between rows are even slightly curved (by design?? or just by manufacturing??), their centre by a tiny fraction of a millimetre off a straight line between their ends.
    02-15-19 12:30 PM
    My keyboard has slight symmetrical slant to the left and right — by design, I suppose.
    There may be various micron-level irregularities about individual key placement, shape, slant etc. But nothing I would want to be too picky about. It’s a mass-produced plasticky mechanical device, after all.
    The dividers between rows are even slightly curved (by design?? or just by manufacturing??), their centre by a tiny fraction of a millimetre off a straight line between their ends.
    I have a feeling that left part of keyboard is more upright then slant to the left, then right side is slant to the right. But that does not affect writing, just looks weird if you are looking for it .
    Still, the keys are too free to move, I prefer more static keys, just like pc keyboard. Every press is like waiting when the key is really pressed and then I feel the click with good respond.

For me, they should make the keyboard much better - it is their third one. But most people like it this wobbly way, so maybe just TCL berries are not for me (fingercrossed for Livermonium phone as I will need a new phone soon, I do not believe that Key2LE will be possible to have for next 4-5 years..).

I do not see that dividers are curved, not on my piece . I will look on it with ruler later
    02-15-19 04:04 PM
    I have a feeling that left part of keyboard is more upright then slant to the left, then right side is slant to the right. But that does not affect writing, just looks weird if you are looking for it .
    Still, the keys are too free to move, I prefer more static keys, just like pc keyboard. Every press is like waiting when the key is really pressed and then I feel the click with good respond.

For me, they should make the keyboard much better - it is their third one. But most people like it this wobbly way, so maybe just TCL berries are not for me (fingercrossed for Livermonium phone as I will need a new phone soon, I do not believe that Key2LE will be possible to have for next 4-5 years..).

I do not see that dividers are curved, not on my piece . I will look on it with ruler later
    Why can't the LE be good for a few more years ?
    02-17-19 09:56 PM
    Why can't the LE be good for a few more years ?
    Because it won't. The battery is dying already. I was able to have three days when not using it much, but I always got two days, now, two days ends under 20% and diode blinking to reminds me to charge battery (so it will eats battery faster ).

The two icons from (4) disappeared. Without my anticipation. Just puff and one days, there were gone. No update, not change in settings. They are not here. I am happy but it worries me too.

Keyboard does not feel sturdy, but we will see if third chinese keyboard will be better then XY keyboard from RIM.

I have disabled everything added by TCL as speciality fo BB, only the keyboard is still used. Inconveniece key is placed too near power button and I was pressing it instead of power button. Speed key is unusable because I need two hands for it - tap on circle and choose one of the few apps at the bottom of screen is more convenience and I am using double tap on rectangle very often.

Build quality is low but that may be because I am in Slovakia and oficial import is using Polish import and probably our countries are fine with lower quality devices. The better ones goes to west and US maybe. I had to go to send phone to service to change screen because the two spots are pretty annoying but I will be without phone 3-4 weeks. That will be hard with Classic and it's many years old battery.

All the android problems - none will be fixed in Pie and maybe there will be no Pie - who knows? And many will be never fixed because it is by design (my colleagues agreed with me that they do not use on their androids or apples phone profiles but they cannot - the OS does not have it, and they would use them if it is in the system. using apps for this? nope, every update, any change in system leads to not working notification, LED, or broken = inconvenient).

And even Brodit (swedish maker of car holders) does not believe in KEY2/KEY2LE and do not plan to make holder for K2/K2LE. So I have to used something universal.. Brodit are one of best holders I have seen.
    02-25-19 07:33 AM
    I surender. Months of trying to be the android usable and I just figured it out, android is not for me.. It need a lot of modifications to be usable which can be partly fixed with custom ROM which I cannot with KEY series..

The space key is now more wobbly then ever and sometimes do cracking sound when pressing. I am hoping that it will stop working soon so I can get it back in warranty. And then, it break again hopefully - after three warranty repairs of the same problem = money return.
    04-29-19 08:35 AM