I recently just ordered a BlackBerry Key2 LE and set to receive it on 1/3/20. Reading alot of threads and I'm starting to second guess if I should return the device or not.. I had no idea that the EOL for the Key2 LE would be in possibly June or July of 2020. Any advice would help..

Thanks
    Team BlackBerry
    12-21-19 07:58 PM
    Don't worry about EOL. Your phone will work fine for years. I have 2 of them for when the first one decides to quit, I can fire up the second one.
    the_boon and TreDawg07 like this.
    12-21-19 08:45 PM
    Yup, i wouldn't worry about it.

And the LE should get updates till October 2020.

The phone is not gonna self destruct after that lol
    12-21-19 09:45 PM
    I guess the LE isn't that expensive compared to the Key2.
    According to the latest rumors, support will be ended by July for all BlackBerry devices.

The phone WILL NOT work fine for years. Security patches are very necessary to keep your phone safe according to Google.

No software update means no more feature, no bug fixing, and increasing the vulnerability rate, and phone performance get slower.

Android ISN'T BB10.

If you like the physical keyboard, this is so far the only good choice left. Enjoy it while it last.
    12-22-19 01:44 AM
    According to the latest rumors, support will be ended by July for all BlackBerry devices.

The phone WILL NOT work fine for years. Security patches are very necessary to keep your phone safe according to Google.

No software update means no more feature, no bug fixing, and increasing the vulnerability rate, and phone performance get slower.

Android ISN'T BB10.

If you like the physical keyboard, this is so far the only good choice left. Enjoy it while it last.
    The general population is not very hung up about security patches. Their old Samsungs are fine until the battery stops working.
    phuoc likes this.
    12-22-19 09:12 AM

The phone WILL NOT work fine for years.
    I guess I'll just wait for August for my KEY2 and LE to suddenly break after they get their last security update

Jokes aside, yes it will work for years. In those years it might be a bit less secure to use than the first two, but it won't break.

Plenty of people today using Android phones that haven't received a security update in 3 or more years
    phuoc likes this.
    12-22-19 09:30 AM
    The general population is not very hung up about security patches. Their old Samsungs are fine until the battery stops working.
    Right.
    That's why my S7 Edge performance is now like 2012 MediaTek phone.
    12-22-19 10:19 AM
    I guess I'll just wait for August for my KEY2 and LE to suddenly break after they get their last security update

Jokes aside, yes it will work for years. In those years it might be a bit less secure to use than the first two, but it won't break.

Plenty of people today using Android phones that haven't received a security update in 3 or more years
    It won't break. Even 1990 phone could work nowadays, but won't be on par with the actual supported phones standards.
    12-22-19 10:21 AM
    Right.
    That's why my S7 Edge performance is now like 2012 MediaTek phone.
    Why? The S7 Edge is a 2016 flagship
    12-22-19 10:29 AM
    Why? The S7 Edge is a 2016 flagship
    Right, but after three years of usage, its performance has been degraded massively.
    I don't know if this is because of the heavily customized TouchWiz. However, I had a similar experience with all Galaxy S phones since the S3.
    The S10+ so far so great. I will see after two years.
    12-22-19 10:34 AM
    Right, but after three years of usage, its performance has been degraded massively.
    I don't know if this is because of the heavily customized TouchWiz. However, I had a similar experience with all Galaxy S phones since the S3.
    Why do you keep buying Samsung if you are constantly being disappointed ?
    12-22-19 10:14 PM
    Why do you keep buying Samsung if you are constantly being disappointed ?
    I'm not disappointed. I regularly use more than one phone as my daily driver, and Samsung high end phones are really great when they are not old. I was explaining a describing a scenario case that is always happening with old Android devices.
    12-23-19 05:20 AM
    I just got an LE. I have a Key2 but needed a second phone. MMMMM had no idea of EOL. Does anyone have anything official? I read rumors on here, months/.years go by and they are not always true. Anyway the LE has been just fine. About 80% as good as the full Key2. Its a nice looking phone as well.
    robnhl likes this.
    12-23-19 06:24 AM

Android ISN'T BB10.

This is very true. BBAndroid isn’t BB10 and isn’t even Android for that matter
    12-23-19 06:14 PM
    You could easily load a custom Android 9 or 10 ROM on there and with a new battery, it'd be basically feel brand new.
    12-23-19 06:37 PM
    You could easily load a custom Android 9 or 10 ROM on there and with a new battery, it'd be basically feel brand new.
    Or simply factory reset and a new battery. My mother in laws S7 Edge (we bought her) still operates flawlessly for her. The 820 was and still is a very capable chip.
    12-24-19 01:53 AM
    Or simply factory reset and a new battery. My mother in laws S7 Edge (we bought her) still operates flawlessly for her. The 820 was and still is a very capable chip.
    How's the battery life after all this time?
    12-24-19 09:14 AM
    How is the battery life?
    I haven't done factory reset, because I still use an app I forgot its password and lost the access to its email as well.

After three years, My S7 Edge is terribly slow and the battery lasts for barely 3 hours.
    12-24-19 10:23 AM
    After three years, My S7 Edge is terribly slow and the battery lasts for barely 3 hours.
    Not too surprised lol, but that phone had one of the biggest batteries when it came out.

I heard the Snapdragon 820 is not very efficient though.

I'd get the battery replaced even if it's just gonna be a backup phone, because a phone that lasts 3 hours doesn't count as a mobile device
    12-24-19 10:30 AM
    Not too surprised lol, but that phone had one of the biggest batteries when it came out.

I heard the Snapdragon 820 is not very efficient though.

I'd get the battery replaced even if it's just gonna be a backup phone, because a phone that lasts 3 hours doesn't count as a mobile device
    True!
    I'm no longer using it.
    The battery life was very great when I got it at launch.
    12-24-19 10:34 AM