I know technically the key2 is better but the LE has some advantages like it is lighter and I have heard some say better balanced, some even said they like the feel of the keyboard better.

I had the key1 for about a week but hated the force needed to use the keyboard, the LE in comparison requires a light touch how does the keyboard compare on the 2 vs LE.
    12-02-18 05:46 PM
    I know technically the key2 is better but the LE has some advantages like it is lighter and I have heard some say better balanced, some even said they like the feel of the keyboard better.

I had the key1 for about a week but hated the force needed to use the keyboard, the LE in comparison requires a light touch how does the keyboard compare on the 2 vs LE.
    I owned 2 KEY2's (sold em) and 2 LE's (sold one) and currently on the other. (I may buy another KEY2 again).

Here's the thing: I prefer the feel and clickiness of the KEY2....... Except for the spacebar, which is of course better on the LE as its pretty much the KEYone's design.
    The fact that the spacebar clicks about the same as the other keys is a big deal for me, so here I am typing this on the lighter edition of a phone I already had and which worked just fine lol
    12-03-18 01:41 AM
    LE is so light that I do not feel it in my trousers pocket so I am still checking if it is still there - great thing for thieves showing where is my phone .
    But holding it and writing is perfect, I do not have feeling that is it so long device, I would have problem with K2's weight writing on keyboard with this form factor.
    12-03-18 02:13 AM
    Sounds like the LE is preferred as far as the keyboard by most. To me the keyboard is the most important part of a BB so even though the 2 has more ram and such I am serious considering an LE.

Is there anyone who favors the keyboard on the 2 over the LE, is so why?
    12-03-18 10:20 AM
    Sounds like the LE is preferred as far as the keyboard by most. To me the keyboard is the most important part of a BB so even though the 2 has more ram and such I am serious considering an LE.

Is there anyone who favors the keyboard on the 2 over the LE, is so why?
    I prefer the KEY2. Keys are larger and have a better typing feel to me and I actually like the clicky spacebar. LE is fine too though, just depends on you really.
    12-03-18 12:53 PM
    Did you like the keys on The keyone? Is the key 2 like the keyone, very hard to press keys. To me the keyone requires too much force to press, did you have that problem or did you like it.
    12-03-18 01:31 PM
    Did you like the keys on The keyone? Is the key 2 like the keyone, very hard to press keys. To me the keyone requires too much force to press, did you have that problem or did you like it.
    KEY2 is pretty much the opposite of the KEYone. I liked KEYone at the time, but the KEY2 is far better by comparsion to me. Buttons are larger and don't require as much force. Which in this case, also applies to the LE.
    rarsen likes this.
    12-03-18 06:49 PM
    KEY2 is pretty much the opposite of the KEYone. I liked KEYone at the time, but the KEY2 is far better by comparsion to me. Buttons are larger and don't require as much force. Which in this case, also applies to the LE.
    Bla1ze, Thanks for the reply. Would you say the key2 keyboard is similar in the sense of force required to the LE?

I am asking all these questions because I want a BB again and a year ago when I tried the KeyOne I hated the keyboard, its keyboard was nothing like all the old BB's I had years ago. I haven't been able to play with a key2 because they are no longer on display in BestBuy but the keyboard on the LE seems like the old BB's. I am torn between the 2 (for only $100 more than the LE I like the better specs but I don't know what the keyboard is like) and the LE (kinda like the lighter feel idea) but most important to me is the best keyboard above all else because I need it for email and tapping on glass SUCKS!
    12-03-18 07:33 PM
    Bla1ze, Thanks for the reply. Would you say the key2 keyboard is similar in the sense of force required to the LE?
    Yes, that's whay I was trying to convey. The KEY2 and KEY2 LE are the same in their softer force needed compared to KEYone.
    12-03-18 07:35 PM
    Yes, that's whay I was trying to convey. The KEY2 and KEY2 LE are the same in their softer force needed compared to KEYone.
    Thanks, that is very helpful
    12-03-18 07:38 PM
    key2 LE has a soft, very soft pkb.

as my references are the 9900 , Q20 and Passport, the best overall new pkb (tactile feedback) is in the K1.
    12-04-18 01:46 AM
    key2 LE has a soft, very soft pkb.

as my references are the 9900 , Q20 and Passport, the best overall new pkb (tactile feedback) is in the K1.
    Yeah, the KEYone had slightly better click resistance but the LE makes up for it with the matte texture and 10% size increase.
    12-04-18 02:14 AM
    I had the key2 and hated it. Owned it for a week never felt right. Sharp corners made it very uncomfortable and don't get me started on the atrocious keypad noise. I LOVE my key2 LE. It is more comfortable to hold and it still has a lot of space for the keys. I would never go back to a key2. The LE is also a way better price. I do not miss the capacitive keyboard at all because I only ever used to to delete text on whatsapp.
    12-04-18 09:55 AM
    I had the key2 and hated it. Owned it for a week never felt right. Sharp corners made it very uncomfortable and don't get me started on the atrocious keypad noise. I LOVE my key2 LE. It is more comfortable to hold and it still has a lot of space for the keys. I would never go back to a key2. The LE is also a way better price. I do not miss the capacitive keyboard at all because I only ever used to to delete text on whatsapp.
    Well I just bought a key2 on Amazon, it arrives tomorrow. Hopefully the keyboard is better than the keyone that I hated. If it sucks I will return it for the lower spec LE since I like the way the keyboard feels. Even though the LE isn't as nice in the spec department I will deal with it for that keyboard that reminds of the good old BB's that were made by RIM.

I typed this from my OnePlus 6T which will be on ebay soon!
    the_boon likes this.
    12-04-18 10:32 PM
    Hey! Is there no virtual keyboard on the Key2 LE ? Looking to buy one.
    Thanks,
    Pankaj Jaju, Goa
    12-15-18 06:00 AM
    Hey! Is there no virtual keyboard on the Key2 LE ? Looking to buy one.
    Thanks,
    Pankaj Jaju, Goa
    There is virtual keyboard, if you rotate the screen to landscape (and app allow landscape) vkb shows up, also you can enable vkb on portrait but this is to be set in settings and not when typing..
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone switched from a KEY2 to an LE?-4572.jpg  
    12-15-18 08:36 AM
    And horizontal
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone switched from a KEY2 to an LE?-4571.jpg  
    12-15-18 08:36 AM
    You can also show vkb with sym+abc ...
    skkayman likes this.
    12-15-18 09:12 AM
    Cool, I did not know about that :O. Never used SYM key to be honest, all I needed was there with ALT .
    12-15-18 10:07 AM
    Cool, I did not know about that :O. Never used SYM key to be honest, all I needed was there with ALT .
    Look at the screenshot. Thats my personal conf. when using sym key. That allows me to add emoti extremely fast without touch the screen. For example, if I wanna put laugh emoti, I only have to press sym + r or y key , and what it's better, if I keep pressed sym I can put emotic repeated like this , This is really awesome and maybe you didn't know. Has anyone switched from a KEY2 to an LE?-screenshot_20181216-034308.jpeg
    skkayman and tubularbell like this.
    12-15-18 08:52 PM
    Look at the screenshot. Thats my personal conf. when using sym key. That allows me to add emoti extremely fast without touch the screen. For example, if I wanna put laugh emoti, I only have to press sym + r or y key , and what it's better, if I keep pressed sym I can put emotic repeated like this , This is really awesome and maybe you didn't know. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181216-034308.jpeg 
Views:	137 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	441819
    WOW, I have seen settings for sym keymap but never thought that you can do this! Seems that another hours of setup is coming . Thanks!
    12-16-18 02:52 AM
    So here is an update on my BB purchase. I started with the key2 and while it was a huge improvement over the key one I still didn't like it totally like I loved the old BB's back in the day. So after a week I returned it and now I am a few days into my LE. So far the LE is a huge improvement over the key2 even though the specs say otherwise I honestly like the LE better. The spacebar on the Key2 was terrible, the weight balance was better than the KeyOne but still sucked.

The LE isn't perfect but it is TCLs best attempt yet and one that I can actually use on the daily. I love and actually prefer the plastic housing over the metal, the keyboard while slightly smaller than the key2 is better other than I feel the spacebar could be the same height as the other keys. I hope they keep up the improvements and make a 3 and 3LE in 2019. There is room for improvement but I love the LE so far.
    12-17-18 10:53 PM
    So here is an update on my BB purchase. I started with the key2 and while it was a huge improvement over the key one I still didn't like it totally like I loved the old BB's back in the day. So after a week I returned it and now I am a few days into my LE. So far the LE is a huge improvement over the key2 even though the specs say otherwise I honestly like the LE better. The spacebar on the Key2 was terrible, the weight balance was better than the KeyOne but still sucked.

The LE isn't perfect but it is TCLs best attempt yet and one that I can actually use on the daily. I love and actually prefer the plastic housing over the metal, the keyboard while slightly smaller than the key2 is better other than I feel the spacebar could be the same height as the other keys. I hope they keep up the improvements and make a 3 and 3LE in 2019. There is room for improvement but I love the LE so far.
    For me, the spacebar is the only reason I moved to the LE. I do miss the capacitive touch and extra 500mAh of battery.

Still very happy with my LE
    12-18-18 10:22 AM
    For me, the spacebar is the only reason I moved to the LE. I do miss the capacitive touch and extra 500mAh of battery.

Still very happy with my LE
    I can understand u miss capacitive touch, but do u really need more battery? Honestly, this key2 le is one of the phone with the best battery life I've ever had, It can take almost eight hours of screen each day (wich of course I can't waste, I DO NOT spent so many hours in a day looking the mobile screen). If you let me choose between more battery with a little extra weight or stays like this, I keep with my 3000 and light weight!
    12-18-18 11:31 AM
    I can understand u miss capacitive touch, but do u really need more battery? Honestly, this key2 le is one of the phone with the best battery life I've ever had, It can take almost eight hours of screen each day (wich of course I can't waste, I DO NOT spent so many hours in a day looking the mobile screen). If you let me choose between more battery with a little extra weight or stays like this, I keep with my 3000 and light weight!
    To each their own, I really wouldn't mind a bit more capacity on my LE, but it's better than I expected for a 3000mAh.
    12-18-18 12:52 PM
30 12