I went to the phone store today (Bell-MTS) with an old pal to help finally upgrade him from his Z10 to something more current. He decided upon the Keytwo LE.

$0 for the phone, $55 a month on a 2 year contract with unlimited calling and texting in Canada and 2.5gb of data. He's thrilled remembering that he used to pay $50 a month for a flip phone a few years back!

Only drawback was that they were sold out, New stock arriving tomorrow...
    12-11-18 07:54 PM
    Coolio! That DOES sound like a good deal, and the Key2 LE is a great phone.
    anon(10538261) likes this.
    12-12-18 08:28 AM
    Awesome. I’d recommend the LE to anyone who wants a keyboard phone. Its so reliable, loving mine.
    Will go for the Atomic shortly.
    12-12-18 01:37 PM
    Good stuff - whereabouts in Manitoba - I'm in Flin Flon, in the frozen wastelands of the Great White North.
    12-12-18 01:39 PM
    Good stuff - whereabouts in Manitoba - I'm in Flin Flon, in the frozen wastelands of the Great White North.
    Flin Flon, you must know the Nagy's. Haha. I'm in Winnipeg, Transcona to be precise.
    12-12-18 05:15 PM
    I know a guy from Flin Flon! Bobby Clarke! He used to play for our local hockey team, the Flyers.
    12-13-18 08:57 AM
    Flin Flon, you must know the Nagy's. Haha. I'm in Winnipeg, Transcona to be precise.
    I don't know them personally, but do know OF them, yes. (Small town).
    12-13-18 09:36 AM
    I know a guy from Flin Flon! Bobby Clarke! He used to play for our local hockey team, the Flyers.
    Ok, truth being stranger than fiction, my father-in-law used to referee hockey, at the WHL level. He actually refereed games in Flin Flon with Bobby Clarke and Reggie Leach.

My son works in town here and happened to be doing some work at the hockey rink in August, when Reggie Leach was there for a hockey school. My son got talking with him and mentioned his grandfather. Leach remembered him because he had given Leach a 5 minute slashing major one game.
    The reason that this stuck in Leach's memory was that it was CLARKE who slashed the guy, but the father-in-law saw it wrong and nailed Leach! It was the only non-fighting major that Leach ever received in junior, so it stuck in his mind.

It's a small, strange world. I've actually come across TWO other guys on this same forum who played with or tried out for the local team (Flin Flon Bombers). It's not a WHL league any more, we're a Junior A level now (one level down from Clarke's day), but it's still really exciting hockey.
    12-13-18 09:41 AM
    Ok, truth being stranger than fiction, my father-in-law used to referee hockey, at the WHL level. He actually refereed games in Flin Flon with Bobby Clarke and Reggie Leach.

My son works in town here and happened to be doing some work at the hockey rink in August, when Reggie Leach was there for a hockey school. My son got talking with him and mentioned his grandfather. Leach remembered him because he had given Leach a 5 minute slashing major one game.
    The reason that this stuck in Leach's memory was that it was CLARKE who slashed the guy, but the father-in-law saw it wrong and nailed Leach! It was the only non-fighting major that Leach ever received in junior, so it stuck in his mind.

It's a small, strange world. I've actually come across TWO other guys on this same forum who played with or tried out for the local team (Flin Flon Bombers). It's not a WHL league any more, we're a Junior A level now (one level down from Clarke's day), but it's still really exciting hockey.
    That is SUCH a cool story! Small world indeed! I have kind of a cool hockey story also. So my family went on a cruise when I was in my 20ies (about 30 years ago). Whole lot of us including my brother and my brother in law. So I saw Gordie Howe on the boat, I KNEW it was him, Mr. Hockey after all. I tell my family, and no one believes me, UNTIL my brother in law is shopping in one of the gift shops and he meets a worker there who is Canadian, and they start talking hockey. The worker asks him if he knew that Gordie Howe was on the ship. At that point he knew I was right, and it was settled. So a couple nights later on tux night at the formal dinner, we seek out Gordie in the dinning room for a picture. It was my brother in law, my brother, and me, AND Gordie. So just before we take the picture, as they are lining us up, Gordie elbows me. I'm the shortest in our group. And he leans in and tells me. "I always go for the little guy!" Had me ROFL!
    12-14-18 08:22 AM
    That is SUCH a cool story! Small world indeed! I have kind of a cool hockey story also. So my family went on a cruise when I was in my 20ies (about 30 years ago). Whole lot of us including my brother and my brother in law. So I saw Gordie Howe on the boat, I KNEW it was him, Mr. Hockey after all. I tell my family, and no one believes me, UNTIL my brother in law is shopping in one of the gift shops and he meets a worker there who is Canadian, and they start talking hockey. The worker asks him if he knew that Gordie Howe was on the ship. At that point he knew I was right, and it was settled. So a couple nights later on tux night at the formal dinner, we seek out Gordie in the dinning room for a picture. It was my brother in law, my brother, and me, AND Gordie. So just before we take the picture, as they are lining us up, Gordie elbows me. I'm the shortest in our group. And he leans in and tells me. "I always go for the little guy!" Had me ROFL!
    Most excellent!

I was at a Christmas party about 10 or so years ago and there was an old-timer there. He had come to Flin Flon about 1953 to play for the Bombers. In those days they were a farm team for Detroit. Although he had never made the NHL he had gone to training camps for Detroit and had met/played against Howe. He was a MEAN character on the ice! Don't have room to tell the story, but this old-timer saw Howe in business and it was something else.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-14-18 08:53 AM