Well that's a key part of the problem - The Play Store may be running on my device however it is not visible, accessible or anywhere I can locate it. It's not much use if it's deactivated, lost, hidden or for whatever reason 'inaccessible'. If it's running on my device, how do I find it? It does not show up on any of the App lists, on the home screen or in any of the settings.
    Do you see it under settings, apps?

Here's the latest anyway:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/
    02-26-20 08:10 PM
    no it does not show up if I go to Settings - then Apps.
    02-26-20 08:16 PM
    It says it has downloaded - trying to set up the back up - was going to do it to Google Drive but I'm getting an error message that it needs Google Play Services which 'are not supported by this device'. I don't have Dropbox or OneDrive - is it possible to back it up to a SD Card in the phone?
    02-26-20 08:30 PM
    I am having a similar error on my Key2 LE in Playstore. Everytime I open it, it says "Error checking for updates". it has been like this for the last couple of days. I did try a hard reboot, but no change.
    Any suggestions?
    02-26-20 08:31 PM
    I am having a similar error on my Key2 LE in Playstore. Everytime I open it, it says "Error checking for updates". it has been like this for the last couple of days. I did try a hard reboot, but no change.
    Any suggestions?
    I figured it out. It fixed itself when a switched between my two gmail accounts.
    02-26-20 08:56 PM
    How did you switch between 2 accounts... I also have 2 accounts - is there any chance that might be the issue?
    02-26-20 09:08 PM
    I have downloaded and installed Google Play Store from the link you sent however it will not open. When I tap it to open - it flashes the app home screen and then shuts down.
    02-26-20 09:22 PM
    It says it has downloaded - trying to set up the back up - was going to do it to Google Drive but I'm getting an error message that it needs Google Play Services which 'are not supported by this device'. I don't have Dropbox or OneDrive - is it possible to back it up to a SD Card in the phone?
    DropBox is free.
    02-26-20 09:32 PM
    I did OneDrive and backed it up to that... so the back up is done... I will also do the back up through the Settings - System - Back up route to make doubly sure I've got it all. Is it worth trying a factory reset at this point.
    02-26-20 09:34 PM
    I did OneDrive and backed it up to that... so the back up is done... I will also do the back up through the Settings - System - Back up route to make doubly sure I've got it all. Is it worth trying a factory reset at this point.
    I would. Things seem really buggered.
    02-26-20 09:41 PM
    That seems like the understatement of the year!! So how do I do that and what (if anything) do I need to do before hitting the factory reset?
    02-26-20 09:45 PM
    Before I do that - how do i verify that the phone is operating from the right gmail account?
    02-26-20 09:54 PM
    Before I do that - how do i verify that the phone is operating from the right gmail account?
    Your Google account is the one you entered when you set up the device. Settings, accounts, Google.
    02-26-20 10:40 PM
    That seems like the understatement of the year!! So how do I do that and what (if anything) do I need to do before hitting the factory reset?
    Settings, system, reset options, factory data reset.
    02-26-20 10:43 PM
    I have 2 google accounts in there... will that potentially create issues?
    02-26-20 10:44 PM
    I have 2 google accounts in there... will that potentially create issues?
    Maybe. Delete one.
    02-26-20 10:59 PM
    I need to have both on the phone as they are both actively in use. One is mine, the other is for a group that I chair.
    02-26-20 11:10 PM
    I need to have both on the phone as they are both actively in use. One is mine, the other is for a group that I chair.
    There is a difference between a Google account and email accounts. The former is what you use to manage the device. You can set up as many additional email accounts in the HUB that you wish however.
    02-26-20 11:13 PM
    I'm not sure what happened but everything started syncing earlier today - before I did the factory reset. Thanks for all your help - I appreciate it. At this point it seems the factory reset is not needed.
    02-27-20 11:57 PM
44 12