Greetings Group,

I'm new to a Key 2.
    When an email comes in on my Key 2 le phone it also comes in on my desktop. I presume that's the 'syncing' option. But the problem is; if it first arrives on my desktop, all is fine. It shows as unread. But as soon as it comes in on my phone, my desktop version changes to 'read'. This is even though I haven't read either version of the email yet (desktop or phone).

The Key 2 le will keep the unread look until I've read the message.

Why would my desktop mail version switch to 'read' by itself? It worked fine with my Passport.
    I have noticed that others seem to be having problems with Hub & Sync. I didn't see this particular problem.

Thank you,
    Keith
    01-24-19 09:27 AM
    Not sure of the underlying problem since I never used the BB mail program but if you want a good alternative that does not cause that particular issue, I highly recommend Nine. I have been extremely pleased with it.
    01-24-19 11:43 PM
    That is an unusual issue and one I haven't heard of yet. I'm using the Hub suite on a Galaxy S8, and does not do that.

My emails usually show up on my phone before it hits the desktop by about 2 seconds or so.

What email protocol do you have set up? Exchange ActiveSync, IMAP, or pop3?

I'm running two EAS accounts and one IMAP account. No such weirdness here.
    01-24-19 11:56 PM
    It's a POP account. My work account - through my web hosting company. Maybe I should be asking them, but all was well with my old BB Passport.
    I use Yahoo for personal email and that seems OK. Yes, it is weird. Maybe it's one of those things that will fix itself But it can be confusing. Doesn't take much to confuse me. I see the message on my PC and it shows as having been read, when it hasn't. If there's a bunch of messages like that it's really confusing.
    01-25-19 05:36 AM