Hello,

I currently have a Sonim X8 it doesn't work well with Verizon. We only want a phone to make calls, texts, and use the map, app. I also need to be able to use the phone as a hot spot. Verizon was supposed to get rid of CDMA as of Dec 2019. I have been told by sales team they haven't done this as of yet. My question is for those of you using this phone, is it still working correctly now in 2021 or has it started to act up? Also can it be used as a hot spot. Thank you for any information!
    07-27-21 01:16 PM
    Hello,

I currently have a Sonim X8 it doesn't work well with Verizon. We only want a phone to make calls, texts, and use the map, app. I also need to be able to use the phone as a hot spot. Verizon was supposed to get rid of CDMA as of Dec 2019. I have been told by sales team they haven't done this as of yet. My question is for those of you using this phone, is it still working correctly now in 2021 or has it started to act up? Also can it be used as a hot spot. Thank you for any information!
    It should continue to work fine until sometime next year.

What PRD is your device? Type *#837837# into the phone dialer. Or look at the box it came in.
    07-27-21 02:25 PM
    It should continue to work fine until sometime next year.

What PRD is your device? Type *#837837# into the phone dialer. Or look at the box it came in.
    Think he is considering buying one....

But yes if he gets a Verizon KEY2 LE.... it will work, think WiFi calling is the only feature not enabled.

My 2-Cents....
    - need a 5G enabled phone in 2021 - or at least once 3G networks are shutdown at the end of 2022 by Verizon. LTE coverage alone might not provide what you are use to. Now the KEY2 LE is only a LTE device so that shouldn't get any worse than it is now, or any better coverage later on. Someone with a 5G enable phone might pick up a VZW signal where an LTE only phone might not. (that isn't a KEY2 LE)
    - need a phone that is current on Android level and getting updates thought the period you want to use it. (that isn't a KEY2 LE)
    - need to buy from Verizon, to make sure the phone is fully compatible and supported now and in the future. (that isn't a KEY2 LE)
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-27-21 at 03:02 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-27-21 02:47 PM
    LTE coverage alone might not provide what you are use to. Now the KEY2 LE is only a LTE device so that shouldn't get any worse than it is now, or any better coverage later on.
    Pardon my ignorance, but wondering if I should be concerned.... I thought Verizon was keeping 4g/LTE up and running for the foreseeable future, so my Key 2LE should be fine? Or could there be places they turn it off and only support 5g? My assumption has been I would keep the level of service I have now (I don't care about 5g for my purposes). Thanks.
    07-31-21 12:17 PM
    Pardon my ignorance, but wondering if I should be concerned.... I thought Verizon was keeping 4g/LTE up and running for the foreseeable future, so my Key 2LE should be fine? Or could there be places they turn it off and only support 5g? My assumption has been I would keep the level of service I have now (I don't care about 5g for my purposes). Thanks.
    You'll be fine. There's no CDMA radio in the LE so you'll carry on as before. 3G shutdown has no impact. And LTE will carry on for years.
    Arun Baheti likes this.
    07-31-21 03:47 PM
    You'll be fine. There's no CDMA radio in the LE so you'll carry on as before. 3G shutdown has no impact. And LTE will carry on for years.
    Thanks, that's what I thought but I got confused/concerned by the prior post. Thanks!
    07-31-21 05:06 PM