Hello,

I have a Blackberry Key2 LE BB100-5 (Red & black) but can't figure out if it has the ability to be unlock with my fingerprints. I went to the security section in settings and didn't find anything and I searched "finger print" "touch" "touch ID" with no success. I always see people in the reviews for the LE say they can unlock with their finger prints but I'm having no luck, any tips or answers are appreciated!
    10-26-22 01:02 AM
    Hello,

I have a Blackberry Key2 LE BB100-5 (Red & black) but can't figure out if it has the ability to be unlock with my fingerprints. I went to the security section in settings and didn't find anything and I searched "finger print" "touch" "touch ID" with no success. I always see people in the reviews for the LE say they can unlock with their finger prints but I'm having no luck, any tips or answers are appreciated!
    The fingerprint sensor is in the spacebar. You'll have to go to settings and then security to add your fingerprint profiles.
    10-26-22 01:10 AM
    A few have had the sensor stop working.... when that happens, Android just assumes there isn't one, and the settings for it don't show up.

You can try a Factory Reset, but likly the only solution is to replace the keyboard (as that's were the sensor is).
    10-26-22 07:07 AM
    Thank you, when I go to settings there isn't an option for the fingerprints at all. I think it must have went bad and like the other user said , android just assumes its not there.
    10-26-22 09:49 AM
    Thank you, I will try the factory reset (I think I did this once I got the phone). I think the sensor must be messed up because like you said, android doesn't even show the option for it, do you have a suggestion replacement keyboards or will any 3rd party work well?
    10-26-22 09:50 AM
    Thank you, I will try the factory reset (I think I did this once I got the phone). I think the sensor must be messed up because like you said, android doesn't even show the option for it, do you have a suggestion replacement keyboards or will any 3rd party work well?

Not sure there are any 3rd party ones, you can do a search here to see where folks have gotten them... might be something more local to your market. But most are out of China..
    10-26-22 10:16 AM
    Thank you! I did the reset and the feature still didn’t show up in settings, so the sensor is probably toast. I did a quick search and didn’t find any black and red keyboards for the LE so I think I might just stick to Manual unlocking.

I am attempting to change a cracked screen on it myself and thought it might be a good time for a keyboard replacement too lol
    10-26-22 10:57 AM
    Thank you! I did the reset and the feature still didn’t show up in settings, so the sensor is probably toast. I did a quick search and didn’t find any black and red keyboards for the LE so I think I might just stick to Manual unlocking.

I am attempting to change a cracked screen on it myself and thought it might be a good time for a keyboard replacement too lol
    Yeah the colors were rather limited... some have just gone with black. Doing it while you have the phone disassembled does make sense.
    10-26-22 01:35 PM
    As with all Blackberry Keyphones keyboards can be found but they will set you back $$$. Since your screen is damaged as well you really may just choose to move on to a phone that is a little more relevant in 2022. Your call!

Choose option A.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...d=xupPjfw0ObdD
    10-26-22 03:07 PM
    As with all Blackberry Keyphones keyboards can be found but they will set you back $$$. Since your screen is damaged as well you really may just choose to move on to a phone that is a little more relevant in 2022. Your call!

Choose option A.

Or https://www.amazon.com/Keyboard-BlackBerry-Replacement-Charging-Interface/dp/B0B88R2HCS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1NK2V2DLQQFQP&keywords=blackberry+ key2+le+keyboard+replacement&qid=1666816891&sprefi x=blackberry+key2+le+keyboard+replacement%2Caps%2C 95&sr=8-1

But who or what Yoidesu is? Guess there are 3rd party units...
    lax42 likes this.
    10-26-22 03:46 PM
    These are original TCL keyboards that were sold in their parts clearance. The name you refer to is simply the name of the AliExpress store.

BTW you chose the wrong version... That's the keypad and not the keyboard.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
    10-26-22 05:59 PM

Choose option A.

Thank you! I have an iPhone as my daily driver but I got a LE for a good deal and want to try it out. The keyboard works well still (other than the touch unlock) so I might just keep it the same.

Do you have thoughts on the aftermarket batterys? Might want to swap that out while I have it open. I am just a little concerned with battery quality lol
    10-27-22 12:57 PM
    Thank you! I have an iPhone as my daily driver but I got a LE for a good deal and want to try it out. The keyboard works well still (other than the touch unlock) so I might just keep it the same.

Do you have thoughts on the aftermarket batterys? Might want to swap that out while I have it open. I am just a little concerned with battery quality lol

Battery part number TLp029C1

Firstly, avoid anyone selling a battery claiming a higher capacity as they simply don't exist.

Here's one that I'd consider but there are several others to choose from so you may want to do a search using the battery number as shown above.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...martRedirect=y
    10-27-22 01:15 PM
    Here's a pretty good video showing how to get the keyboard out. Take care removing those antenna wires, there was a big issue on the Key2's with the soldering connections to the board, not sure if the same issue is duplicated in the LE but take care...

10-27-22 01:43 PM
    But now that I have you all confused... Since you also have a cracked LCD along with your damaged keyboard and if you wanted to change the colour of the frame too, this is what I'd get!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...d=PTqshKKCCBfg
    Last edited by Yamahammer; 10-27-22 at 03:24 PM.
    10-27-22 01:50 PM
    Thank you, I ended up getting the battery from eBay. Should be here in 4 days. I'm hoping the install isn't difficult, the repair videos seem pretty straightforward.
    10-29-22 11:59 AM
    But now that I have you all confused... Since you also have a cracked LCD along with your damaged keyboard and if you wanted to change the colour of the frame too, this is what I'd get!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...d=PTqshKKCCBfg
    I think I will stick with the atomic red color way, it looks slick! I just hope to find the atomic red keyboard to repair mine.
    10-29-22 12:01 PM
    Thank you, I ended up getting the battery from eBay. Should be here in 4 days. I'm hoping the install isn't difficult, the repair videos seem pretty straightforward.
    Where did you get the keyboard from?

Edit, just got your message!
    lax42 likes this.
    10-29-22 12:01 PM
    I think I will stick with the atomic red color way, it looks slick! I just hope to find the atomic red keyboard to repair mine.
    Here ya go. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...martRedirect=y
    10-29-22 12:14 PM