Just wondering if anyone after owning the keyone Le decided to get a key 2 instead. Do you feel like you made the right decision? I have been conflicted all day of whether to stick with my key 2 le or buy the silver key 2. I really have no issues with my Le except I do miss the capacitive keyboard but only for erasing text I never really used it for scrolling. How is the typing experience on the key 2 vs the Le?
    01-16-19 05:31 PM
    Just wondering if anyone after owning the keyone Le decided to get a key 2 instead. Do you feel like you made the right decision? I have been conflicted all day of whether to stick with my key 2 le or buy the silver key 2. I really have no issues with my Le except I do miss the capacitive keyboard but only for erasing text I never really used it for scrolling. How is the typing experience on the key 2 vs the Le?
    It really is a dilemma. I haven't owned the LE but it's just a regular keyboard with lower specs and I am not intrigued. The KEY2 is really a great piece of hardware but unfortunately you pay top dollars for a phone that is supposed to have a capacitive keyboard that works well but it does not.

I do agree that I tend to swipe backwards to erase more than anything but I do like to use the word predictions at times especially one handed.

I find myself tormented with the idea of getting the KEY2 silver for the third time around, yet knowing that the KEY3 is not far around the bend is a real mind-****
    Lol. I keep thinking, what if the KEY3 is all that I ever wanted. Trying to KEEP CALM AND KEEP TOUCH-SCREENING
    01-16-19 05:50 PM
    It really is a dilemma. I haven't owned the LE but it's just a regular keyboard with lower specs and I am not intrigued. The KEY2 is really a great piece of hardware but unfortunately you pay top dollars for a phone that is supposed to have a capacitive keyboard that works well but it does not.

I do agree that I tend to swipe backwards to erase more than anything but I do like to use the word predictions at times especially one handed.

I find myself tormented with the idea of getting the KEY2 silver for the third time around, yet knowing that the KEY3 is not far around the bend is a real mind-****
    Lol. I keep thinking, what if the KEY3 is all that I ever wanted. Trying to KEEP CALM AND KEEP TOUCH-SCREENING
    Lol yup same here. I have literally purchased then cancelled key 2 silver purchases like 4 times today
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    01-16-19 06:07 PM
    Lol yup same here. I have literally purchased then cancelled key 2 silver purchases like 4 times today
    I've bought two KEY2 's to play with then sold. Not happy with the capacitive touch or the space bar.

If you are going to make a raised spacebar then make it harder to press not easier! Due to the weakness of it I did tend to input unwanted spaces too often. This was more prevalent on the second KEY2
    01-16-19 06:13 PM
    I've bought two KEY2 's to play with then sold. Not happy with the capacitive touch or the space bar.

If you are going to make a raised spacebar then make it harder to press not easier! Due to the weakness of it I did tend to input unwanted spaces too often. This was more prevalent on the second KEY2
    I did own a key 2 briefly and had those same issues but I've heard from a few people on these forums that they didn't have similar issues. My main gripe is the battery on the Le. With heavy use it won't last be the day. I remember my keyone was just a beast and would easily get me through a day without worrying about charging it
    01-16-19 06:21 PM

No key3 leaks mean it might be awhile. Give the LE a shot and then resell it.
    01-16-19 06:46 PM
    No key3 leaks mean it might be awhile. Give the LE a shot and then resell it.
    Lol
    I would but I don't see any point in a non capacitive keyboard. I just can't justify it
    PRIVuser2018 likes this.
    01-16-19 06:49 PM
    Lol
    I would but I don't see any point in a non capacitive keyboard. I just can't justify it
    I’m the opposite. Go figure...
    The_Passporter likes this.
    01-16-19 06:51 PM
    I’m the opposite. Go figure...
    I only really ever used the capacitive keyboard like I said for erasing text other than that I would use it to scroll here and there not a lot. I know the logical thing to do is keep this device but the battery difference is huge. I am a heavy user so the Le somedays barely lasts me.
    01-16-19 07:14 PM
    Lol
    I just bought one for 614 dollars Canadian off amazon..has some scratches on the sides and minor ones on the screen..but at that price I couldn't say no..but I will see first hand the blemishes and I can return it if I'm not satisfied but for this price I don't think I will..its 935 bux Canadian if I but it new ..I also bought a leather case so it will cover any blemishes on the frame..i just hope the scratches on the screen are minor
    01-16-19 08:04 PM

There is one more left at the 614 dollar price if you want to snatch it up
    01-16-19 08:06 PM
    although I keep cancelling it lol..i don't like buying something that shows no pic of the product
    01-16-19 08:24 PM

And in all honesty how much better can the key 3 be from the key 2? I mean even the keyone black edition is just as good as the key 2. And this is a silver edition that is unique and stands out. I could easily see myself skipping the key 3 and sticking with the Key 2 silver
    01-16-19 08:26 PM
    I bought a Key2 LE and returned it because I really like and use the capacitive keyboard. I also just wanted the more powerful processor. Got a Key2 instead and really like this device. I know alot of people prefer the LE but the the Key2 is the one I like.
    anon(10572257) likes this.
    01-16-19 09:26 PM
    I bought a Key2 LE and returned it because I really like and use the capacitive keyboard. I also just wanted the more powerful processor. Got a Key2 instead and really like this device. I know alot of people prefer the LE but the the Key2 is the one I like.
    Do you find the typing experience better on the key 2?
    01-16-19 09:28 PM
    I really do like the typing experience on this. I also liked the LE typing. I think they are both significantly better than the KeyOne. I have read that some people on this forum prefer the KeyOne for typing but that hasn't been my experience.
    01-16-19 09:31 PM
    And in all honesty how much better can the key 3 be from the key 2?
    Better spacebar, better camera (OIS, software), IP rating, OLED display...

...to name a few
    01-16-19 10:34 PM
    Better spacebar, better camera (OIS, software), IP rating, OLED display...

...to name a few
    I doubt it will have the OLED display .. hope so but I'm not holding my breath and I doubt the camera will be any better ..
    01-16-19 10:53 PM
    Install button mapper app and assign scroll down and scroll up functions to any keys as per your convenience.. those keys will replicate capacitive touch functionality up to some extent
    01-17-19 02:09 AM
    I went from a KEY2 to an LE, thinking that losing the capacitive keyboard would be too much of an issue. Honestly, I don't miss it at all. I like the LE keyboard a lot more because the keys are slightly smaller, the spacebar is solid and clicks like all the other keys, and it reminds me of my Classic and even previous Bold 9700 keyboards that I loved. Yes there's a bit of an adjustment period getting used to no capacitive touch, but it actually is good for me now. Plus, the KEY2's touch was so sensitive that the cursor mode would often activate randomly to the point where it was downright annoying. The LE keyboard is much more comfortable to hold in hand too, especially with the newer shaped of the frame and the polycarbonate material is nice, doesn't get cold like metal.
    Dew Berry likes this.
    01-17-19 12:20 PM
    I went from a KEY2 to an LE, thinking that losing the capacitive keyboard would be too much of an issue. Honestly, I don't miss it at all. I like the LE keyboard a lot more because the keys are slightly smaller, the spacebar is solid and clicks like all the other keys, and it reminds me of my Classic and even previous Bold 9700 keyboards that I loved. Yes there's a bit of an adjustment period getting used to no capacitive touch, but it actually is good for me now. Plus, the KEY2's touch was so sensitive that the cursor mode would often activate randomly to the point where it was downright annoying. The LE keyboard is much more comfortable to hold in hand too, especially with the newer shaped of the frame and the polycarbonate material is nice, doesn't get cold like metal.
    Yeah it is a fantastic device. I think maybe I should fight the urge of getting the key 2 and maybe by a nice case for the Le to satisfy my impulse buying craving lol
    01-17-19 02:14 PM
    For me the biggest difference is the battery so thats the main reason I am contemplating a key 2
    01-17-19 02:17 PM
    For me, the LE battery easily lasts me at least a day... But maybe I'm not using it as much. This is with about 3.5 hours of total screen on time.
    01-17-19 02:25 PM
    I am lucky..i nice leather case I ordered for my Key 2 Le a month back finally arrived so it's killed my impulse spending craving to get the key 2 silver lol
    01-17-19 04:34 PM
    For me, the LE battery easily lasts me at least a day... But maybe I'm not using it as much. This is with about 3.5 hours of total screen on time.
    Got this case today and I feel like I have a brand new phone again. Glad I didn't give into my impulse urges lol. I will take a look at a key 2 silver later on in the year when prices drop
    Attached Thumbnails Did anyone go back to a KEY2?-6541.jpg  
    Egonzalez1978 likes this.
    01-17-19 04:49 PM
69 123