Hi there - I currently have a KeyOne (had it since June 2017, screen replaced in Feb 2018) and lately it's been acting up, mainly lagging and freezing to the point where I have to restart to get it working smooth-ish again. I've been carrying a BlackBerry since 2008 and I don't think I can live without a PKB ;-) Anyhow, my KeyOne is 2.5 years old and I was really trying to hold out until we hear if there will be a new PKB phone coming soon but I don't think I can (or want) to wait anymore. I almost got the Key2 from GoTalk USA during their black Friday and cyber Monday deal but was having a hard time shelling out $529 (back up to $679 now) for a phone that was released over a year ago. Today, I pulled up Best Buy's site and they have the Key2 LE Champagne for $269, that's an easier pill to swallow... is it worth going from the KeyOne to the Key2 LE at this point? Help!
    12-06-19 05:58 PM
    Hi there - I currently have a KeyOne (had it since June 2017, screen replaced in Feb 2018) and lately it's been acting up, mainly lagging and freezing to the point where I have to restart to get it working smooth-ish again. I've been carrying a BlackBerry since 2008 and I don't think I can live without a PKB ;-) Anyhow, my KeyOne is 2.5 years old and I was really trying to hold out until we hear if there will be a new PKB phone coming soon but I don't think I can (or want) to wait anymore. I almost got the Key2 from GoTalk USA during their black Friday and cyber Monday deal but was having a hard time shelling out $529 (back up to $679 now) for a phone that was released over a year ago. Today, I pulled up Best Buy's site and they have the Key2 LE Champagne for $269, that's an easier pill to swallow... is it worth going from the KeyOne to the Key2 LE at this point? Help!
    If you like physical keyboards, and don't really use the capacitive feature, then sure - go for it.

The 636 SoC and 4GB of ram will provide noticeable performance improvements over the silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

The LE still has almost a year of security patches ahead of it too.

On another note, it will be worth clearing all of your app cached data on your KEYᵒⁿᵉ and then rebooting by holding down the power button for 32 seconds.
    12-06-19 07:14 PM
    I bought a slate LE, I also have a silver K1.

Definitely worth the upgrade. Although I miss the capacitive keys, the LE is way better overall.

It's lighter, looks better, types wayyyyy easier and smoothly, feels better (no curved edges), and the software runs smoother.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    12-07-19 07:53 AM
    For performance, you may follow below steps tentatively

1. Go to power center and choose rarely used apps to stop running in background.

2. Go to developer settings (click build number 7 times) and disable or set all windows animation scale to.0 5

3. Clear cache of all apps. Disable system apps (mostly google apps) which you don't use regularly. Please note disable option will only be enabled for few apps but not all.

4. Use lite weight apps instead of using regular full version of apps. Most of the popular apps lite weight version is available in play store.

5. If you use multiple accounts in hub, consider enabling auto forwarding option so that you can see all your mails in single account. You can remove all the accounts and enable only one account where you can see all the mails from all the accounts.

6. Force restart your phone every day by hard pressing power button until it restarts. Make it as habit before you go to bed everyday .

7. You can go to settings of each app and disable notifications of apps which of not interested.

8. Consider uninstalling apps which you dont use regularly. You can create web shortcuts for those apps.

9. You can move most of the data to SD card so that load on internal memory will be reduced.

10. If you still dont see considerable improvement in performance, perform a full reset of your phone. After this, don't restore all the apps from back up when system asks you to do this. Instead, you can only install whatever apps that are really required.

If you still dont see any improvement , then go for key2 le.
    Last edited by babugaru1; 12-07-19 at 10:15 AM.
    12-07-19 08:43 AM
    I went from the keyONE to the key2le. Miss a few things like swiping the keyboard, and the up down page up page down shortcut letters don't work like before. Price was much lower than keyONE
    12-08-19 06:57 PM
    I like my key2LE, except the audio speaker is terrible!!! Get the regular Key2 instead
    12-09-19 02:44 AM
    Honestly I think one you thing you might want to consider is the possibility that you won't be able to buy a new Key2 LE for much longer. I am not saying this because I have any specific information - just obvious signs. Amazon stopped carrying it months ago, Best Buy has no current stock of the Slate Grey and has barely had availability over the past 1-2 months. Walmart also just liquidated their units and essentially has none left. The only vendor listed on BB's website is a smaller vendor (Go Talk USA) and who knows how many units they have left. So theoretically there is 1 "reputable" vendor sending it that is a small company and we have no idea when that will end. So my advice would be to get one while you can, as if I was a betting man I would say that the Key2 series might be the last BB handset we can buy (at least for a while if not ever) and that might not even be possible shortly...

And I put my money where my mouth is. I recently bought 3 backup units from Walmart for myself in anticipation of not being able to buy them in the future. Granted I got them for $109/unit and Go Talk is selling them for $499/unit but I still stocked up because of what I mentioned above...
    12-10-19 10:42 PM
    I've got the LE atomic dual sim and it's available new on the EU store. Works great and the keyboard is better than the bigger key2 one IMHO.
    The important point is that you'll get a few more months updates and the up to 300 euros more in your pocket for a phone that does the same as the bigger one.
    No brainer
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-11-19 08:38 AM
    I have a KeyOne, Key2, and Key2 LE all in my possession at this very moment. I just picked up my $269 LE from Best Buy today. Maybe I'm one of the oddballs, but I disabled the capacitive touch on both my KeyOne and Key2. Found it annoyingly activated as I held the phone, and never found it more useful than an on-screen swipe - so that wasn't a factor for me.

The Key2 and Key2 LE are both faster than the KeyOne. I've used the Key2 for a year and been very pleased. The reason for the LE is that I travel to the boonies for work quite a bit. Some places AT&T has a signal and not Verizon and some times vice-versa. I've used AT&T for quite a while but have been increasingly annoyed that they don't allow VoLTE on non AT&T branded devices. I'd get calls when I had lots of LTE signal, go to answer, and the call drops because I'm not getting a 3G signal to drop down to for the call. Is happening more and more. Verizon is the other side - you can activate these phones on LTE-only but don't get access to any of their older CDMA network. The dual-sim model at Best Buy lets me have a full Verizon sim for day-to-day, and a cheap Consumer Cellular SIM (AT&T network) in slot 2 for times when I have no Verizon signal as a fall-back. If not for the dual-SIM I'd still be using the Key2 - but so far I'm not really noticing enough difference between the two that I'd care. I'd definitely say get one at that Best Buy price while you still can.
    12-12-19 08:45 PM
    For performance, you may follow below steps tentatively

1. Go to power center and choose rarely used apps to stop running in background.

2. Go to developer settings (click build number 7 times) and disable or set all windows animation scale to.0 5

3. Clear cache of all apps. Disable system apps (mostly google apps) which you don't use regularly. Please note disable option will only be enabled for few apps but not all.

4. Use lite weight apps instead of using regular full version of apps. Most of the popular apps lite weight version is available in play store.

5. If you use multiple accounts in hub, consider enabling auto forwarding option so that you can see all your mails in single account. You can remove all the accounts and enable only one account where you can see all the mails from all the accounts.

6. Force restart your phone every day by hard pressing power button until it restarts. Make it as habit before you go to bed everyday .

7. You can go to settings of each app and disable notifications of apps which of not interested.

8. Consider uninstalling apps which you dont use regularly. You can create web shortcuts for those apps.

9. You can move most of the data to SD card so that load on internal memory will be reduced.

10. If you still dont see considerable improvement in performance, perform a full reset of your phone. After this, don't restore all the apps from back up when system asks you to do this. Instead, you can only install whatever apps that are really required.

If you still dont see any improvement , then go for key2 le.
    Other than occasional restarts and clearing cache, I do none of those things with my 3/32 KEYone , and it runs great.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-12-19 09:01 PM
    I have a KeyOne, Key2, and Key2 LE all in my possession at this very moment. I just picked up my $269 LE from Best Buy today. Maybe I'm one of the oddballs, but I disabled the capacitive touch on both my KeyOne and Key2. Found it annoyingly activated as I held the phone, and never found it more useful than an on-screen swipe - so that wasn't a factor for me.

The Key2 and Key2 LE are both faster than the KeyOne. I've used the Key2 for a year and been very pleased. The reason for the LE is that I travel to the boonies for work quite a bit. Some places AT&T has a signal and not Verizon and some times vice-versa. I've used AT&T for quite a while but have been increasingly annoyed that they don't allow VoLTE on non AT&T branded devices. I'd get calls when I had lots of LTE signal, go to answer, and the call drops because I'm not getting a 3G signal to drop down to for the call. Is happening more and more. Verizon is the other side - you can activate these phones on LTE-only but don't get access to any of their older CDMA network. The dual-sim model at Best Buy lets me have a full Verizon sim for day-to-day, and a cheap Consumer Cellular SIM (AT&T network) in slot 2 for times when I have no Verizon signal as a fall-back. If not for the dual-SIM I'd still be using the Key2 - but so far I'm not really noticing enough difference between the two that I'd care. I'd definitely say get one at that Best Buy price while you still can.
    Where are you finding the LE from BB for $269? It shows as unavailable on their website? I am asking because I would buy one at that price at BB (assuming it's new) if I could - thanks!
    12-12-19 10:30 PM
    Other than occasional restarts and clearing cache, I do none of those things with my 3/32 KEYone , and it runs great.

A lot depends on how many apps are installed and how many of them are running and how much free ram is available to run smoother.
    12-13-19 12:50 AM
    Where are you finding the LE from BB for $269? It shows as unavailable on their website? I am asking because I would buy one at that price at BB (assuming it's new) if I could - thanks!
    It's on Best Buy USA website

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=frv3AeNW
    12-13-19 07:57 AM
    It has gone up by $10 since last week to $279, but it is on Best Buy as I mentioned.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=rJGMhkMh

Not sure why you see unavailable (USA site?). When I pull it up it says order today and have it by the 17th.
    12-13-19 10:11 AM
    A lot depends on how many apps are installed and how many of them are running and how much free ram is available to run smoother.
    Exactly.

I run the Hub and its services, plus another 5-10 productivity apps from time to time. Almost all other background services are turned off, including location services.

12-13-19 10:13 AM
    Thank you and sorry for confusion. I had only searched on the Slate version on Best Buy (which is not available). Thanks for the link.
    12-13-19 01:34 PM
    Exactly.

I run the Hub and its services, plus another 5-10 productivity apps from time to time. Almost all other background services are turned off, including location services.

You are using your phone in the best way for the capabilities that it can offer. Good job!

Classic is magic!
    12-13-19 01:45 PM
    Go for it. I upgraded from a Black KeyOne to the Key2 LE.

The lack of the capacitive keyboard wasn't as big a deal as I was expecting it to be. Almost everything else about the LE is superior to the KeyOne.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-14-19 03:49 PM
    Almost everything else about the LE is superior to the KeyOne.
    True, except for the camera, battery life, and most of all, the notification LED
    12-14-19 08:02 PM
    True, except for the camera, battery life, and most of all, the notification LED
    I don't take many pictures. Battery life I'll give you. But I plug my phone in the car for Android Auto all the time, so it's usually charging a lot. I must be one of the few that prefers the LED notification on the Key2 LE. I use the Stilgut case that has a perfectly lined up hole to show the LED. It's crystal clear when I have notification.
    12-14-19 09:14 PM
    I don't take many pictures. Battery life I'll give you. But I plug my phone in the car for Android Auto all the time, so it's usually charging a lot. I must be one of the few that prefers the LED notification on the Key2 LE. I use the Stilgut case that has a perfectly lined up hole to show the LED. It's crystal clear when I have notification.
    Lol the LE holds the prize for the worst notification LED I've ever seen in a phone.

Even slabs who have one as an afterthought have a better one, as in at least theirs doesn't jitter or have an un-smooth on/off animation.

It's a disgrace to the LED lol
    12-14-19 09:17 PM
    Thanks everyone! App cache clearing and nightly restart has helped a TON!!

The other issue my beloved KeyOne has is the faint bars/lines across the screen, they aren't noticeable all the time, just annoying.

I am still undecided on get a the Key2 LE, especially after hearing about the LED, while a smallish issue, I use the LED notifications, have been for years - green for text, purple for email etc. etc. and i don't take a ton of pictures, my phone IS my camera, I also love my KeyOne battery life...

It's starting to feel like if you weigh the pros and cons. The Key2 LE is in line with the KeyOne. Maybe, I should just bite the bullet and get the Key2 from Go Talk.
    12-15-19 03:16 PM
    Thanks everyone! App cache clearing and nightly restart has helped a TON!!

The other issue my beloved KeyOne has is the faint bars/lines across the screen, they aren't noticeable all the time, just annoying.

I am still undecided on get a the Key2 LE, especially after hearing about the LED, while a smallish issue, I use the LED notifications, have been for years - green for text, purple for email etc. etc. and i don't take a ton of pictures, my phone IS my camera, I also love my KeyOne battery life...

It's starting to feel like if you weigh the pros and cons. The Key2 LE is in line with the KeyOne. Maybe, I should just bite the bullet and get the Key2 from Go Talk.
    The KEY2 is better in most ways than the KEYone and LE.

If it's in your budget, go for it. There's currently a discount code "KEY2DEC" which will make the phone cost you $580.

Since GoTalk is an official BBMo retailer, you should benefit for one year's warranty from the date of purchase I believe.

The LE is $280 at Best Buy right now.

That's a full $300 difference between the two.

Honestly, the LE is the better deal, even though the KEY2 is the better phone in most ways.

If I were you, I'd jump on that LE
    phuoc likes this.
    12-15-19 04:02 PM
    The KEY2 is better in most ways than the KEYone and LE.

If it's in your budget, go for it. There's currently a discount code "KEY2DEC" which will make the phone cost you $580.

Since GoTalk is an official BBMo retailer, you should benefit for one year's warranty from the date of purchase I believe.

The LE is $280 at Best Buy right now.

That's a full $300 difference between the two.

Honestly, the LE is the better deal, even though the KEY2 is the better phone in most ways.

If I were you, I'd jump on that LE
    Agreed. I have both and don't think the KEY2 is worth an extra $300.
    12-15-19 10:17 PM
    Okay, so I did it - I placed my order for the Key2 LE on BestBuy for $250 this morning, and opted for faster shipping since the price lowered a little bit more, should have a shiny new BB on Friday!

P.S. my KeyOne has been running better since I cleared the cache and restart it daily (or every other day) so it will be a great backup if something should happen to my new BB ;-)

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR OPINIONS ETC!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    12-31-19 10:06 PM
30 12