So my fingerprint reader died today. Tried a hard reboot and nothing.

So, I'm trying to disable the fingerprint settings and I can't find them. Where are they? Can someone screenshot where they are for me? I type in "fingerprint" in settings search, it tells me it's in Security and Location, but I can't find it there.

Greatly appreciated.
    09-16-20 03:17 PM
    Never mind. It appears when I rebooted, all reference to the fingerprint are gone. Even apps that use it.
    09-16-20 03:35 PM
    Never mind. It appears when I rebooted, all reference to the fingerprint are gone. Even apps that use it.
    Whew, I thought your fingerprint was dead ergo, you would be expiring as well
    09-16-20 03:36 PM
    Never tried the finger print readers. Always wondered what would happen when they broke. Thanks for substantiating my reluctance. Plus always enjoy a cheeky comment from Chuck
    anon(5597702) and john_v like this.
    09-16-20 11:15 PM
    Never tried the finger print readers. Always wondered what would happen when they broke. Thanks for substantiating my reluctance. Plus always enjoy a cheeky comment from Chuck
    Aw shucks ;-D
    john_v likes this.
    09-17-20 05:26 PM
    I've only had my a21 for a few days, but the finger print reader on it is awesome.
    09-17-20 06:34 PM
    I must admit, I clicked on the thread half-expecting someone to be asking if they could use their dead friend/spouse/co-worker finger to unlock their phone.

Me and my morbid sense of humor.

BTW I clarified the thread title, so future readers will wonder what on earth we're talking about.
    09-18-20 11:28 AM
    I must admit, I clicked on the thread half-expecting someone to be asking if they could use their dead friend/spouse/co-worker finger to unlock their phone.

Me and my morbid sense of humor.

BTW I clarified the thread title, so future readers will wonder what on earth we're talking about.
    So now I'm cheeky and morbid concurrently?
    09-18-20 12:49 PM
    So now I'm cheeky and morbid concurrently?
    I can see that
    09-18-20 12:56 PM
    Would replacing the keyboard fix the fingerprint sensor?

If so, where can I find one? Having trouble finding any on eBay for the LE.
    09-23-20 12:55 PM
    Would replacing the keyboard fix the fingerprint sensor?

If so, where can I find one? Having trouble finding any on eBay for the LE.
    Yeah, if you've done the MMI test on the fingerprint reader and it comes back negative, a new keyboard should fix the problem.

Boon has a thread on this;
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13545341
    09-23-20 07:15 PM
    Yeah, if you've done the MMI test on the fingerprint reader and it comes back negative, a new keyboard should fix the problem.

Boon has a thread on this;
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13545341
    The thread above is for KEY2 keyboards only, not the KEY2 LE.

Unfortunately I don't know of a seller that currently sells LE keyboards, they're harder to come by.
    On the bright side though, at least if the fingerprint reader goes out on the LE, the spacebar will still work as a spacebar.
    09-23-20 07:25 PM
    The thread above is for KEY2 keyboards only, not the KEY2 LE.

Unfortunately I don't know of a seller that currently sells LE keyboards, they're harder to come by.
    On the bright side though, at least if the fingerprint reader goes out on the LE, the spacebar will still work as a spacebar.
    So I guess my model is now the Key2 LE SE. It's a Special Edition without fingerprint scanner. Lol
    the_boon likes this.
    09-24-20 04:55 AM
    So I guess my model is now the Key2 LE SE. It's a Special Edition without fingerprint scanner. Lol
    At least your spacebar was well designed as a spacebar...

And it's too bad TCL didn't implement Picture Password on their phones. Even the Priv had it.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    09-24-20 07:13 AM
    At least your spacebar was well designed as a spacebar...

And it's too bad TCL didn't implement Picture Password on their phones. Even the Priv had it.
    I'm guessing the Key2 doesn't have the same fate with a funky finger print sensor.

I didn't think Picture Password existed either, but here it is!!

I'm thinking it depends on what services/emails are on the device. Previously I had an office 365 account and picture password wasn't there. No longer at that company, office 365 email is gone, and picture password is present. Dead Fingerpint Reader-screenshot_20200924-092503.jpeg
    09-24-20 08:27 AM
    I'm guessing the Key2 doesn't have the same fate with a funky finger print sensor.

I didn't think Picture Password existed either, but here it is!!

I'm thinking it depends on what services/emails are on the device. Previously I had an office 365 account and picture password wasn't there. No longer at that company, office 365 email is gone, and picture password is present. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200924-092503.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	449587
    It's really strange because I don't find it on my KEY2.

But this may be because of the work profile currently activated, which only allows for 6-digit pins and fingerprint as an unlock method.
    09-24-20 08:54 AM
    But this may be because of the work profile currently activated, which only allows for 6-digit pins and fingerprint as an unlock method.
    I'm thinking this is the case. Had this phone for about a year, and the picture password only appeared when switching jobs. It was the same for me, 6 digit password or fingerprint only. The big difference was office 365 versus G-Suite.
    09-24-20 08:57 AM
    It's really strange because I don't find it on my KEY2.

It is also unavailable unless you're using the default display size.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-20 06:57 PM
    It is also unavailable unless you're using the default display size.

Posted via CB10
    Ohhhh right! I had completely forgotten about that! I'm running it with display one notch above default.

Only a TCLBerry could withhold a feature from you if you don't use it at the default display size lmao

The thing doesn't even show as greyed out with a message explaining this, you just have to figure it out yourself it seems
    09-24-20 07:33 PM
    Ohhhh right! I had completely forgotten about that! I'm running it with display one notch above default.

Only a TCLBerry could withhold a feature from you if you don't use it at the default display size lmao

The thing doesn't even show as greyed out with a message explaining this, you just have to figure it out yourself it seems
    How do you change the default screen size? What's the advantage to this?
    09-25-20 07:13 AM
    Settings, display, display size.
    Note, this doesn't change your screen size just how much stuff fits on your screen at once. Lol
    09-25-20 08:03 AM
    In the display settings you can change the display and font size.

I tried putting both back to default but the picture password option still doesn't show up in the security settings.

I guess that either means it's the work profile that disabled it, or that my HK KEY2 just doesn't have this feature.
    09-25-20 08:37 AM
    In the display settings you can change the display and font size.

I tried putting both back to default but the picture password option still doesn't show up in the security settings.

I guess that either means it's the work profile that disabled it, or that my HK KEY2 just doesn't have this feature.
    Okay, gotcha. I was thinking you were talking about a developer setting and screen resolution.
    09-25-20 12:25 PM
    Okay, gotcha. I was thinking you were talking about a developer setting and screen resolution.
    It is in developer options as well named Smallest Width, which lets you fine tune a bit more.
    09-25-20 05:04 PM
    So something interesting happened.

I bought a Key2 to replace my Key2LE. The Key2LE has the non-functioning fingerprint sensor. I am planning on selling the Key2LE.

I deleted all the accounts on the phone. Then went to into security settings to remove passwords, etc. My fingerprint options have returned. What the?

The fingerprint sensor works perfectly again. I can't figure it out. Did an account actually prevent the sensor from working? That seems so weird that an account can do something like that. Or is there something else going on? No idea.

Or maybe when I removed the SIM card / sd card and rebooted.
    Last edited by DOCTOREVIL8; 10-04-20 at 10:37 AM.
    10-04-20 10:14 AM
27 12