My LE is having a chronic problem with the phone simply not ringing. This is by itself, no Bluetooth connections.

It is simply the phone ringer notification. Volume bar shows all the way up, yet when I get a call, no ring, just visual.

The only fix is to restart the OS then it starts working again for a while. Then after a time it will break again.

How do I get this fixed?
    01-16-19 08:51 AM
    Have you downloaded any apps that might mess with notifications?

When did it start doing this?
    01-16-19 11:29 AM
    I got rid of Textra because it doesn't work with Oreo. I am using the default messages. I have Business Calendar 2, Drift, Facebook etc. with the phone app everything shows on for notifications. it is strange I cannot pinpoint an app relationship to it.

Is there a way you can find out when you installed apps? This started about 5 or 6 days ago
    01-16-19 08:37 PM
    This is a known Oreo bug. The bad news is that it still happens with Pie, but less frequently.

It's not device - specific and I haven't figured out exactly what triggers it either....
    01-17-19 04:01 PM
    This is a known Oreo bug. The bad news is that it still happens with Pie, but less frequently.

It's not device - specific and I haven't figured out exactly what triggers it either....
    How did you find that out? Thank you so much for your input. I was wondering what was going on.....
    01-17-19 04:07 PM
    How did you find that out? Thank you so much for your input. I was wondering what was going on.....
    I have an application (which I wrote) that has multiple notification classes (an Oreo+ thing) that has started doing this across multiple devices -- all running Oreo or later, including some running Pie.

It is an extremely serious mater in my case because there are "alarm" conditions that users want to be alerted to on audio even if in "DND" mode, and thus they create an override channel for that. Well, when the bug hits you get only a pop-up and (if set) vibration -- no audio.

It LOOKS like something is going wrong with the audio vectoring (Android can send it to a Bluetooth device, etc) but I've not been able to identify exactly where it's going, despite being able to recreate it on multiple devices - none of them Blackberry devices either. The common thread is that they're all Oreo or Pie devices; everything before that is fine.

Reboot, and it clears. I'm actively trying to figure out what triggers it (because I may then be able to get around the problem) but so far.... no joy on that.
    HershL likes this.
    01-17-19 05:22 PM
    sure appreciate your efforts. please let me know as soon as you figure it out please. this is my critical work phone, and I am missing calls left and right.
    01-17-19 06:52 PM
    I have an application (which I wrote) that has multiple notification classes (an Oreo+ thing) that has started doing this across multiple devices -- all running Oreo or later, including some running Pie.

It is an extremely serious mater in my case because there are "alarm" conditions that users want to be alerted to on audio even if in "DND" mode, and thus they create an override channel for that. Well, when the bug hits you get only a pop-up and (if set) vibration -- no audio.

It LOOKS like something is going wrong with the audio vectoring (Android can send it to a Bluetooth device, etc) but I've not been able to identify exactly where it's going, despite being able to recreate it on multiple devices - none of them Blackberry devices either. The common thread is that they're all Oreo or Pie devices; everything before that is fine.

Reboot, and it clears. I'm actively trying to figure out what triggers it (because I may then be able to get around the problem) but so far.... no joy on that.
    Ticker,

I have come across another problem which I suspect is OS. My fingerprint scanner suddenly stopped working. I restart via the onscreen option and it makes no difference. However I restart by holding the button down and functionality returns....for a time. Have you heard of this?
    01-22-19 07:17 PM
    Ticker,

I have come across another problem which I suspect is OS. My fingerprint scanner suddenly stopped working. I restart via the onscreen option and it makes no difference. However I restart by holding the button down and functionality returns....for a time. Have you heard of this?
    I doubt very much they're related.....

The audio issue is likely a routing-related thing. When I first ran into it I thought it was related to the Oreo+ "feature" that mutes what it believes are "spammy" notifications (that is, those that come in too quickly) but like the OP I also have seen it nail phone call ringtones, which should not be subject to that.

I've not been able to consistently reproduce it. If I could come up with a way to make it happen "on command" I'd have a decent shot at figuring out exactly what's going on with it in Android Studio, but thus far I've had no such luck in coming up with a key or operation sequence that reliably makes it happen.
    01-24-19 02:15 PM
    is there any other recourse on this problem? has anyone else reported it?

I am constantly missing calls from this piece of garbage OS. this is my work phone for crying out loud.
    01-30-19 10:55 PM
    is there any other recourse on this problem? has anyone else reported it?

I am constantly missing calls from this piece of garbage OS. this is my work phone for crying out loud.
    Do a factory reset.
    01-30-19 11:03 PM