Hello
    Just bought a used Key2 Le because the battery of my Keyone was dying, but I see the convenience key is not working. I have assigned 3 shortcuts but nothing happens when I press it. All other buttons are working though. Is this issue known with Key2 Le and if yes, is it a soft- or hardware problem, or this is only my phone problem?
    Thanks.
    03-19-21 12:29 PM
    Hello
    Just bought a used Key2 Le because the battery of my Keyone was dying, but I see the convenience key is not working. I have assigned 3 shortcuts but nothing happens when I press it. All other buttons are working though. Is this issue known with Key2 Le and if yes, is it a soft- or hardware problem, or this is only my phone problem?
    Thanks.
    Are you holding down on the convenience key before you push the shortcut key?
    03-19-21 02:25 PM
    Are you holding down on the convenience key before you push the shortcut key?
    Not sure what you mean? You assign up to 3 shortcuts to the convenience key at Settings, and then when you press the convenience key those 3 icons of shortcuts should appear on right side of the phone, next to the convenience key. Probably you mistake that with the Speed Key?
    03-19-21 02:37 PM
    Not sure what you mean? You assign up to 3 shortcuts to the convenience key at Settings, and then when you press the convenience key those 3 icons of shortcuts should appear on right side of the phone, next to the convenience key. Probably you mistake that with the Speed Key?
    Oh okay I see.

Try going in

Settings > Shortcuts & gestures > Convenience key

And make sure the normal profile has been enabled.
    03-19-21 02:39 PM
    Oh okay I see.

Try going in

Settings > Shortcuts & gestures > Convenience key

And make sure the normal profile has been enabled.
    I have done that. Normal profile is the only one "on" .
    03-19-21 02:45 PM
    I have done that. Normal profile is the only one "on" .
    In that case, it seems that the convenience key may be broken.

To me it wouldn't be the biggest deal in the world since I only use it for the flashlight, but I understand how that would be frustrating.
    03-19-21 02:48 PM
    In that case, it seems that the convenience key may be broken.

To me it wouldn't be the biggest deal in the world since I only use it for the flashlight, but I understand how that would be frustrating.
    It was not the most used on my previous Keyone too. But adding this to the headache of the already known problem with spacebar (which I haven't seen any workaround solution) becomes double.
    Thanks for your effort anyway.
    03-19-21 02:54 PM
    It was not the most used on my previous Keyone too. But adding this to the headache of the already known problem with spacebar (which I haven't seen any workaround solution) becomes double.
    Thanks for your effort anyway.
    What's the issue with your LE's spacebar?
    03-19-21 03:22 PM
    What's the issue with your LE's spacebar?
    The wellknown one with all Key phones I guess: it doesn't react well when you write and want to make a space. You have to press it too hard or different times to make a space, which is very annoying.
    03-19-21 03:28 PM
    The wellknown one with all Key phones I guess: it doesn't react well when you write and want to make a space. You have to press it too hard or different times to make a space, which is very annoying.
    I haven't really heard of that issue with the LE, it was more common with some of the KEY2's, and also KEYone's on more rare occasions.

I guess you could try clearing the cache and then force closing the BlackBerry Keyboard app to see if that helps.
    03-19-21 03:45 PM
    I haven't really heard of that issue with the LE, it was more common with some of the KEY2's, and also KEYone's on more rare occasions.

I guess you could try clearing the cache and then force closing the BlackBerry Keyboard app to see if that helps.
    Which cache to clear? Where? Don't you think this is more a hardware issue?
    03-19-21 04:02 PM
    Which cache to clear? Where? Don't you think this is more a hardware issue?
    Could be software related too.

Go to Settings > Apps > See all xx apps > three dots at the top > Show system > BlackBerry Keyboard > Storage > Clear cache

Then

Force stop
    mh1983 likes this.
    03-19-21 05:13 PM
    I have an K2Le and never had any issues with my space bar. Works as it should.
    03-19-21 11:21 PM
    Could be software related too.

Go to Settings > Apps > See all xx apps > three dots at the top > Show system > BlackBerry Keyboard > Storage > Clear cache

Then

Force stop
    Did it. It seems like little improvement but still you need often to press it hard. Thanks anyway.
    03-20-21 02:55 PM