It happened now fourth time! I cannot unlock my K2LE. Press fingerprint sensor, asks for PIN (which it does sometimes for security so I just thought it is that). PIN entered, but I get black screen, navigation buttons lit. After 5 seconds, opens lock screen (just like pressed power button). Again, fingerprint or swipe up from bottom = asks for PIN.
    This time, I have picture pattern for unlock, but it asks for PIN either. If I put bad PIN, it says Wrong PIN and substract try count from 10 to 9. I have to reboot the phone.

This phone really hates me . I have not done any upgrade and all automatic updates are disabled..
    03-20-19 07:37 AM
    It happened now fourth time! I cannot unlock my K2LE. Press fingerprint sensor, asks for PIN (which it does sometimes for security so I just thought it is that). PIN entered, but I get black screen, navigation buttons lit. After 5 seconds, opens lock screen (just like pressed power button). Again, fingerprint or swipe up from bottom = asks for PIN.
    This time, I have picture pattern for unlock, but it asks for PIN either. If I put bad PIN, it says Wrong PIN and substract try count from 10 to 9. I have to reboot the phone.

This phone really hates me . I have not done any upgrade and all automatic updates are disabled..
    Ok, disable all pin/password/pattern/fingerprints and start over, see if that helps.

By the way, you can uncheck the option "power button instantly locks device" and put something like a 1 or 2 minute delay to lock the device.
    Meaning if you press the power button or just wait till the screen shuts off, it'll take 1 or 2 minutes to actually lock the device. If you press the power button before then, you'll still be in the home screen.

You can also do the MMI test (enter *#2886# on the phone Dialer, must be using stock phone app) to see if the actual fingerprint sensor is fine.
    03-20-19 10:31 AM
    MMI test is OK. Fingerprint sensor works great, it just seems that it is software problem. I can try disable all security (even now anyone can enable flight mode, change volume, enable bluetooth, enable mobile data without unlocking! ) and see what happens. But this occurs randomly every few weeks so I won't know until it happens again and that might not be soon .
    03-26-19 02:56 PM