Hey guys, I read somewhere that you can download a camera app.

Is it possible to use another camera app on the Key2 LE and get improved photos?

I'm embarrassed to send any pics I take with this phone. The low light and smoothing of textures and (face beautifying) appearance is just bad. Really bad. (beauty feature is off btw).

Any suggestions?
    10-02-19 09:02 PM

Is it possible to use another camera app on the Key2 LE and get improved photos?

I'm embarrassed to send any pics I take with this phone. The low light and smoothing of textures and (face beautifying) appearance is just bad. Really bad. (beauty feature is off btw).

Any suggestions?
    Post a picture for us. Just to understand what your experiencing
    10-02-19 10:56 PM
    My motion takes much better photos in term of colour than my Key2 LE. Having to admit the fact this is a mid-end device and keep low expectation. Only portrait mode with good light condition is satisfacory for Key2 LE
    10-03-19 12:01 AM

Any suggestions?
    As far as I know the alternative apps in the Play Store do not support use of the dual camera functions. But if you find one, let me know! I'm willing to try!
    10-03-19 12:18 AM
    it's something you have to put up with!! for great photos use a real camera.
    I've taken pretty good photos to be viewed on social media.
    10-03-19 02:23 AM
    it's something you have to put up with!! for great photos use a real camera.
    I've taken pretty good photos to be viewed on social media.
    Attached Thumbnails Camera sucks.. suggestions-28599.jpg  
    10-03-19 02:24 AM
    for the purpose I use my camera for, which is to scan documents mostly, the Key2 LE camera is perfect.

I an planning on getting a second "vacation" phone with a better camera though.
    10-09-19 08:17 AM
    Installed this camera app week or two ago and so far it's not bad. Similar quality to the factory/oem.

I still have the factory oem camera app. There is no conflict.

Attached pics:

Play store name of app
    Screenshot of the shooting menu
    Photo taken with the app Camera sucks.. suggestions-screenshot_20191014-130515.jpegCamera sucks.. suggestions-screenshot_20191014-130741.jpegCamera sucks.. suggestions-img_20191014_130757.jpeg
    10-14-19 03:11 PM
    Installed this camera app week or two ago and so far it's not bad. Similar quality to the factory/oem.

I still have the factory oem camera app. There is no conflict.

Attached pics:

Play store name of app
    Screenshot of the shooting menu
    Photo taken with the app Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191014-130515.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	446459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191014-130741.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	446460Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191014_130757.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	446461
    Yeah...those are not bad. I'll have to try it out. Another option would be to buy a cheaper second device just for camera use (like an Honor or Pixel 3a). That's if you really value pics. Otherwise it is what it is.
    10-15-19 05:19 PM
    Yeah...those are not bad. I'll have to try it out. Another option would be to buy a cheaper second device just for camera use (like an Honor or Pixel 3a). That's if you really value pics. Otherwise it is what it is.
    I wasn't too pleased with Open Camera. It was same/worse than what Blackberry provided. This might be it for me. I've stuck with Blackberry forever but this camera on the LE is just pathetic. It is a shame they could even release something like this. What is worse is that the KeyONE actually had a pretty great camera. Anyways, my cell should be able to function as my primary point and shoot in this day in age and I need it to do that. This phone ain't cutting it. Shame.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-28-19 06:36 PM
    I wasn't too pleased with Open Camera. It was same/worse than what Blackberry provided. This might be it for me. I've stuck with Blackberry forever but this camera on the LE is just pathetic. It is a shame they could even release something like this. What is worse is that the KeyONE actually had a pretty great camera. Anyways, my cell should be able to function as my primary point and shoot in this day in age and I need it to do that. This phone ain't cutting it. Shame.
    Yeah. I'm leaving the LE too. Just ordered a pixel 3 XL.
    10-28-19 06:56 PM
    Yeah. I'm leaving the LE too. Just ordered a pixel 3 XL.
    Wow, didn't expect that lol
    Byrese likes this.
    10-28-19 09:25 PM