Does anyone know of a calendar app that will function more like the BB10 calendar app did?

Namely when you have an appointment, that it will pop up and block most if not all of the screen? It was annoying at times but I never missed a meeting.

Another problem is the included app never, ever syncs properly to the Exchange server. When I add appointments on the embedded app they do not show up in Outlook.
    01-09-19 06:00 PM
    I use the digical calendar App. Notifications are big and right in the middle of the screen. Syncs to my exchange account with no problems ever. I like the widget too.
    01-09-19 07:07 PM
    I can't say enough about Business Calendar 2 (Appgenix Software). It's a paid app, but well worth it to me. It has tons of options, including a popup notification that does not go away without user action. It allows you to edit the subject line of any event that you receive (the BlackBerry calendar doesn't). Another nifty feature is allowing multiple notifications for the same event. I have my anniversary set for reminders 3 weeks out, 1 week out, 3 days out, and 1 day out. (me, and so on...)
    01-09-19 07:19 PM
    BC 2.0 is superior to bbry Cal, more like the good old bbry Cal, not the same features but much richer
    01-09-19 08:35 PM
    does the BC sync with Exchange ok?
    01-09-19 10:24 PM
    does the BC sync with Exchange ok?
    Yes it does. I have 3 EAS accounts syncing, plus one IMAP account.
    01-09-19 10:44 PM
    Yes it does. I have 3 EAS accounts syncing, plus one IMAP account.
    Ok I purchased it. Is there somewhere that you have to tell it to sync with Exchange?
    01-10-19 08:42 PM
    I LOVE this app! It is the closest to the heritage BB10 functionality I have seen.
    Will it screw anything up if I delete the default calendar app?
    01-11-19 04:43 PM
    it should be fine to delete the bbry Cal app. the only thing I noticed after deleting this was a little extra hit on the battery. It doesn't make sense and it's probably something else but just an FYI to watch for.
    01-11-19 05:24 PM
    I LOVE this app! It is the closest to the heritage BB10 functionality I have seen.
    Will it screw anything up if I delete the default calendar app?
    Glad you like it. You need to explore the theme options, as well.

And no, you should be good to ditch the BB calendar. I did, and no problem so far... over a year later.
    01-12-19 10:43 AM
    I second Business Calender 2.
    I even used it on BB10, as I found it to be much more versatile than the built-in app.
    01-12-19 11:03 AM
    I just use Google Calendar...

Waiting for the anti-Google crowd to bash me lol
    01-12-19 06:42 PM
    Glad you like it. You need to explore the theme options, as well.

And no, you should be good to ditch the BB calendar. I did, and no problem so far... over a year later.
    I do not see where the "theme" options are. Can you direct me to the right place?
    01-12-19 10:12 PM
    I do not see where the "theme" options are. Can you direct me to the right place?
    They're under Settings > Themes and background colors.
    01-12-19 10:44 PM
    I just use Google Calendar...

Waiting for the anti-Google crowd to bash me lol
    OMG! I can't believe you are giving all your information to Google?!?! Now they know everything about you. What are you thinking???

I like the BlackBerry calendar actually, it is similar to the Google one but let's me customize the notification sound to differ from system.

I'm pretty sure BlackBerry encrypts all my calendar info anyway so Google can't read it when I sync it to my Gmail account
    01-12-19 11:11 PM
    Thank you to those of you who suggested BC2. I was having problems with the generic Outlook program with my various EAS and Outlook.com accounts. After downloading Nine, and then assigning BC2 as my calendar app, I'm up and running quite nicely. Let's hope no snafus down the road!
    01-13-19 09:07 PM
    I second that. Thank you for suggesting BC2. I LOVE that calendar app. it is the closest to the legacy BB10 in functionality I have seen.
    01-18-19 09:17 AM
    One thing I really miss from bb10 is the ability to share an appointment with another person. Only way I found with android is to share whole calendar.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    01-18-19 04:41 PM
    I am running into the same problem I had with the native app. When I set up a meeting on my calendar on BC2, it shows up on my phone bit when I get to the office it does not show up in my Outlook.
    01-30-19 11:09 AM