After much monitoring of the forums, it seems things are trending more positively with setting up the KEY2 LE on Verizon. That being said, I purchased the phone today from Best Buy (I haven't even taken it out of the box yet - it is still sealed for that matter) and want to know what steps, specifically, I need to take to avoid all the headache I've been reading about. Has the initial provisioning issue(s) on Verizon's end been fixed?

Thanks in advance, appreciate the help!
    11-05-18 11:32 PM
    After much monitoring of the forums, it seems things are trending more positively with setting up the KEY2 LE on Verizon. That being said, I purchased the phone today from Best Buy (I haven't even taken it out of the box yet - it is still sealed for that matter) and want to know what steps, specifically, I need to take to avoid all the headache I've been reading about. Has the initial provisioning issue(s) on Verizon's end been fixed?

Thanks in advance, appreciate the help!
    Get a new SIM card, and if required, go to a Verizon store and ask them to set up incoming SMS to 3GGP.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-05-18 11:40 PM
    The "if required" would be determined by the new sim card not receiving SMS, correct?
    11-05-18 11:42 PM
    any harm in turning the thing on and setting up via WiFi?
    11-05-18 11:43 PM
    The "if required" would be determined by the new sim card not receiving SMS, correct?
    Yes.
    11-06-18 12:01 AM
    any harm in turning the thing on and setting up via WiFi?
    Not at all.
    11-06-18 12:01 AM
    Get a new SIM card, and if required, go to a Verizon store and ask them to set up incoming SMS to 3GGP.
    Is this process a complete shot in the dark? Is there any way to guarantee the new sim will work correctly on the first try?
    11-06-18 08:44 AM
    Is this process a complete shot in the dark? Is there any way to guarantee the new sim will work correctly on the first try?
    A new SIM should work, but a few people report otherwise.
    11-06-18 08:46 AM
    I wonder why. Thanks, Conite. Appreciate the feedback
    11-06-18 10:34 AM
    I can confirm I took my new LE directly from Best Buy to a Verizon Corporate store told them I needed a new Sim. They registered the new Sim and device to my account. I put my phone through a couple of restarts, waiting about 5 minutes and had no problems sending and receiving SMS and MMS messages.

I'm also on group texts that are all MMS and I've been having zero issues. Have to use the stock text app instead of Textra.
    11-06-18 12:16 PM
    So we cant use Textra on the Vzw LE ?
    11-06-18 09:36 PM
    So we cant use Textra on the Vzw LE ?
    As of now no. I was using it for a bit and kept getting the "can't get MMS" message. Switched back to the stock app and all is well. Not nearly as much customization but if I can use my phone to its full capacity then I'll deal with it.
    11-06-18 09:52 PM
    As of now no. I was using it for a bit and kept getting the "can't get MMS" message. Switched back to the stock app and all is well. Not nearly as much customization but if I can use my phone to its full capacity then I'll deal with it.
    This is a bummer... Textra is the best text message app.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-18 11:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    LE is the best BlackBerry on Verizon. I'll deal with the stock texting app.
    11-07-18 11:33 PM
    LE is the best BlackBerry on Verizon. I'll deal with the stock texting app.
    The best BlackBerry on Verizon? Or do you mean the only BlackBerry on Verizon? Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 12:43 AM
    The best BlackBerry on Verizon? Or do you mean the only BlackBerry on Verizon? Lol

Posted via CB10
    There is the keyone:-)
    11-08-18 12:47 AM
    There is the keyone:-)
    Forgot about that.

I currently use a KeyOne and Passport SE as my dailys on AT&T.

I'm switching to Verizon soon and by the looks of it I'll be purchasing a LE since the Key2 isn't compatible.

The LE is going to have to perform flawless if it's gonna beat the KeyOne IMO.. the lack of capacitive keys really makes me sad lol

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 12:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    I much prefer the stock Samsung messaging app on my S9. I used Textra for a couple months on our T-Mobile S7 Edge phones and there were several times messages were not received or sent from my wife, mother in law, family etc. We switched off and have never had issues sense. I even prefer Google Messenger on my DTEK50.
    11-08-18 02:17 AM
    The LE is going to have to perform flawless if it's gonna beat the KeyOne IMO.. the lack of capacitive keys really makes me sad lol
    The only things the KEYone has over the LE is the extra battery capacity, camera and capacitive PKB.
    Absolutely everything else is superior on the LE.
    11-08-18 08:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    KEYone, PRIV and you can still use BB10 devices as well. Has to use a classic just a few months ago waiting for a new KEYone.
    11-08-18 09:02 AM
    I can confirm I took my new LE directly from Best Buy to a Verizon Corporate store told them I needed a new Sim. They registered the new Sim and device to my account. I put my phone through a couple of restarts, waiting about 5 minutes and had no problems sending and receiving SMS and MMS messages.

I'm also on group texts that are all MMS and I've been having zero issues. Have to use the stock text app instead of Textra.
    Was there a specific sim card you used? Saw that mentioned in a different thread. Also, was there anything you asked the corporate store to do or not do? I'm planning to take mine over for a new sim today. Thanks!
    11-09-18 09:44 AM
    Was there a specific sim card you used? Saw that mentioned in a different thread. Also, was there anything you asked the corporate store to do or not do? I'm planning to take mine over for a new sim today. Thanks!
    No specific Sim card and other than her getting the Sim and IMEI associated with my account she did nothing special.
    11-09-18 09:46 AM
    No specific Sim card and other than her getting the Sim and IMEI associated with my account she did nothing special.
    ok great, thanks!
    tnewton3 likes this.
    11-09-18 09:50 AM