We're talking about a pocket carrying portable device ma'am. Not something which is large and hooked to a table. The reason also why iPhones took off immediately. You don't need the excess baggage on a PDA. And it's not me ~ the world had spoken.
    Within PKB mobile devices though BB PKB is traditional and most sold. Of those, PP was the outlier PKB.
    09-01-18 04:45 PM
    Build Quality? Nope. Passport is built like a tank, literally. K2.LE is flimsy compared to it.
    It also feels like your carrying a tank. There has to be a balance on how much a phone should weigh, I think the KEYone was just right, the Key2 is too light and I put a case on it but feel like it cramps my fingers (Ringke Clear case) thinking of getting investing in another case that doesn't add too much weight or just might get the Motion and give the Keyboard thing a break for while.
    09-01-18 05:05 PM
    It also feels like your carrying a tank. There has to be a balance on how much a phone should weigh, I think the KEYone was just right, the Key2 is too light and I put a case on it but feel like it cramps my fingers (Ringke Clear case) thinking of getting investing in another case that doesn't add too much weight or just might get the Motion and give the Keyboard thing a break for while.
    I love the weight of the Key2!
    09-01-18 05:32 PM
    I love the weight of the Key2!
    I'm on the fence, it feels too lite for me and fragile.
    09-01-18 05:35 PM
    Lol and the Passport's screen lifting issues? Wouldn't want to be in that tank when I go to war. 😁
    Yep, it was so wide that the frame would twist a bit in my pockets from sitting, and I would have to torque it back to get the screen to lay flat again. A little super glue here and there and it was a lot better. Unique device that I liked for many reasons, but a "tank" is overstating things a bit.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-18 08:43 PM
    Yep, it was so wide that the frame would twist a bit in my pockets from sitting, and I would have to torque it back to get the screen to lay flat again. A little super glue here and there and it was a lot better. Unique device that I liked for many reasons, but a "tank" is overstating things a bit.

Posted via CB10
    Not to mention the emergency calls only issue with the Passport
    09-02-18 02:54 AM
    All I know is that after all this time, blackberry passport se value is more than PRIV, DTEK 60, DTEK 50. It will soon be worth more than KEYone. Why is that?
    Livermore likes this.
    09-02-18 05:59 AM
    All I know is that after all this time, blackberry passport se value is more than PRIV, DTEK 60, DTEK 50. It will soon be worth more than KEYone. Why is that?
    Wait till BB10 goes EOL, we'll see about its value after that lol

Those pre-production PPSE's running Android Lollipop though, those might be worth alot.
    09-02-18 06:06 AM
    You'd be surprised. The PPSE was years ahead of its time. In my opinion, it still holds up well in 2018. It will be better than the Key2 LE. I'm not sure if it's better then the Key2 since I don't own it yet. But it is better than my KeyOne.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-18 02:29 AM
    Honestly. The passports silly 3 row keyboard ruined it. Everything else was nice. But that keyboard was an awful design. Despite being nice and big.

The key2 le might not have the same speakers, materials and screen size. But everywhere else it beats the passport.

Bb10 was fun. But without the major app Dev's developing for it, it was doa.

People here hate on android for what it used to be. It used to be slow, laggy, a bad browser, no good looking apps. But now is a different story. I can't tell you how many nice looking apps I have and how well my phone runs and how good battery life can be.

No rehashed BB10 device can match that.

I'm not hating on BB10, I'm just saying maybe it's time to step away from it and try android.

We can't keep clinging to the past.
    I disagree with a bunch of these sentences.

The three-row design was ingenious. It complimented the Passport's design. I type like an absolute beast on my PPSE.

I also own the AT&T Passport and I don't like it as much as the silver edition. When I speak of Passport excellency I mean the silver one.

And what's wrong about clinging to the past? The future usually tends to flow back and re-use great ideas from the past.

Idk about you but the PPSE still holds up in 2018.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-18 02:32 AM
    Facts.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-18 02:34 AM

Idk about you but the PPSE still holds up in 2018.
    I believe you, hardware wise. The SD801, the speakers, battery, mic, all of that stuff is great.

There's only one problem: BB10.

If someone could somehow get his hands on the very few prototype PPSE's running Android Lollipop, than yeah you may get a few years more functionality out of it (assuming you find spare batteries to change once in a blue moon).

But 4.3 (not even full Android, just a runtime of it) is getting real old in a Oreo/Pie world.
    09-04-18 03:15 AM
    I found the Passport SE to be way too heavy for me to type comfortably for any lengthy period of time. The weight and bulk of the thing would cause my hands to get fatigued easily.

I also didn’t like the simplified 3-row keyboard, nor the capacitive gestures. I disabled the gestures because my typing style is such that my thumbs slide and roll to adjacent keys, and with gestures enabled I would often unintentionally trigger the cursor or delete words. I also disabled gestures on the PRIV and KEYone, so I won’t miss that feature on the KEY2 LE.

Compared to the PPSE, I believe the KEY2 LE will provide a much more comfortable and natural typing experience for me, as it is much lighter and has a 4-row keyboard.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-04-18 06:32 AM
    Better keyboard? Unlikely.
    Better keyboard? Impossible.

FTFY.
    09-25-18 01:38 AM
39 12