I can understand the desire for the reg' Key2, but u must be mad person to consider LE.
    I detailed my reasons in this op-ed:

https://crackberry.com/why-blackberr...as-won-me-over

Get whatever phone works best for you. Others will have different preferences and priorities and that's OK.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-19-18 09:19 AM
    but u must be mad person to consider LE.
    You've still never said why.
    09-19-18 09:25 AM
    A "crutch"? It is THE defining feature of a BBMo device.

That's exactly why it's a crutch. I do appreciate an improvement on the pkb but how about everything else. Not much of an improvement over the K1
    All those other things u mentioned are nothing special... it's standard on almost all other devices.
    In the end, one has to question if the pkb is enough to ignore all the shortcomings of the K2.
    All the best 2 u
    chain13 likes this.
    09-19-18 09:28 AM
    You've still never said why.
    Why the LE is garbage? Are we really doing this. How can u defend the indefensible.
    Let's just put aside the lack of a capacitive PKB - I'll put it like this just to avoid making this too long: if the LE was offered to 3rd world/developing countries for free or as a gift, they would be insulted because current devices available to them are far superior than the LE and far more affordable. They should have never released this junk, this bs to the market
    chain13 likes this.
    09-19-18 10:08 AM
    I detailed my reasons in this op-ed:

https://crackberry.com/why-blackberr...as-won-me-over

Get whatever phone works best for you. Others will have different preferences and priorities and that's OK.
    Dallin I just your read piece. No disrespect 4 n e thing I said earlier.
    I however have a some issues with every point u raised. I won't start that discussion here...I'll post in the comments sec' on your article page.
    All the best
    09-19-18 10:18 AM
    Dallin I just your read piece. No disrespect 4 n e thing I said earlier.
    I however have a some issues with every point u raised. I won't start that discussion here...I'll post in the comments sec' on your article page.
    All the best
    I don't expect everyone to agree with me, of course. But I wanted to make the case that there are people out there like who do find the KEY2 LE appealing.
    09-19-18 10:31 AM
    All those other things u mentioned are nothing special... it's standard on almost all other devices.
    But that's the point. It's all about that one other standout, defining feature: the physical keyboard.

You pay to play in the niche product segment. So you should never expect bargain prices when indulging yourself with an outlier preference.
    09-19-18 10:40 AM
    Why the LE is garbage? Are we really doing this. How can u defend the indefensible.
    I think $399 for a low-volume niche product's entry point is extraordinary.

It's basically a KEYᵒⁿᵉ on steroids, and the colours may open up a new market segment for BBMo.
    09-19-18 10:44 AM
    But that's the point. It's all about that one other standout, defining feature: the physical keyboard.

You pay to play in the niche product segment. So you should never expect bargain prices when indulging yourself with an outlier preference.
    Maybe he thinks we don't need the LE because there aren't enough slabs on the market... we need more slabs right?

Smfh, this guy just hates the KEY2/LE and can't even bring up 1 single valid reason why.
    09-19-18 04:12 PM
    I didn't make it clear it's not my thing. The pkb is very much my thing, I just want a little bit more. If you're alright with settling with mediocrity than go for it.
    The issue is that this is literally the only PKB game in town. It's TCL's way or the highway, unfortunately, so if someone wants a PKB phone that isn't a half-baked addon or a phone so old it's got mold spores falling off it, then one would have to put up with pricing, availability, the end of updates hanging over the user like the sword of Damocles, the occasional QA failure, so on and so forth.

I get that going whole hog into the KEY2 line isn't an acceptable outcome for every user, but that's what happens with marketing to a fraction of a fraction of the overall mobile market.
    09-19-18 05:46 PM
    if the LE was offered to 3rd world/developing countries for free or as a gift, they would be insulted because current devices available to them are far superior than the LE and far more affordable. They should have never released this junk, this bs to the market
    Lol! I don't agree with your points but I gotta hand it to you, you're arguments are pretty awesome in a train wreck kind of way!

The only reason I'm getting an LE is for the colour choice. That's it. It will likely only exist as my daily driver for about a month.

I want the KEY3 to ditch the capacitive keys in favour of more screen real estate, take full advantage of Pie gestures, have a rocking camera and a less clacky spacebar.
    09-19-18 06:25 PM
    the colours may open up a new market segment for BBMo.
    LOL
    09-19-18 07:56 PM
    I think $399 for a low-volume niche product's entry point is extraordinary.

It's basically a KEYᵒⁿᵉ on steroids, and the colours may open up a new market segment for BBMo.
    Possibly. It does remind me of the Classic, in a good way.
    I don't mean to bash it but I do genuinely think that skipping on the capacitive pkb was a flawed decision
    09-19-18 08:01 PM

The only reason I'm getting an LE is for the colour choice. That's it. It will likely only exist as my daily driver for about a month.
    I can respect that if you're taking that position.

I want the KEY3 to ditch the capacitive keys in favour of more screen real estate, take full advantage of Pie gestures, have a rocking camera and a less clacky spacebar.[/QUOTE]

I really, really hope when the Key3 is released that it impresses, not just another minor upgrade
    09-19-18 08:07 PM

I really, really hope when the Key3 is released that it impresses, not just another minor upgrade
    Well maybe slab users also want something that impresses on the next iteration, but what do they get? A new slab that only brings minor upgrades. (iPhone 7 -> 8, Galaxy S8 -> S9).

Market is too saturated and boring right now, so I'm really happy BBMo is still around making something that's different and that I actually enjoy using and find useful. Cause some others also tried to be different but failed (ZTE Axon M)
    09-20-18 05:36 AM
    Let's just put aside the lack of a capacitive PKB - I'll put it like this just to avoid making this too long: if the LE was offered to 3rd world/developing countries for free or as a gift, they would be insulted because current devices available to them are far superior than the LE and far more affordable. They should have never released this junk, this bs to the market
    In the world of professional debate, that is commonly referred to as argument ad hominen.
    10-22-18 08:31 AM
    I only can say that I'm really enjoying my Le a lot and my s8 taking dust someplace at home. I miss capacitive pkb , but not as much as I though cause Le goes flawlessly in my hands. very close the feeling when I changed from passport to classic. G.
    10-22-18 08:49 AM
42 12