Hey guys,

I am trying to purchase between KEYone BE 64gb 4gb ram dual Sim for $349 vs Key2 LE 64gb 4gb ram for $449. I am leaning towards key LE but it seems like KEYone might be better deal for $349. Pricing is based on US so other market may be different. What do you guys think?
    09-07-18 12:50 PM
    The extra $100 buys you an extra year of software support, among other things.
    krazyatom likes this.
    09-07-18 01:02 PM
    The extra $100 buys you an extra year of software support, among other things.
    That's a great point. Key2 LE will get android P and 3 years security updates.
    09-07-18 01:04 PM
    And the LE has a matte keyboard
    okanagan likes this.
    09-08-18 07:34 PM
    I'd honestly lean towards the Key1 over the LE. The the capacitive keyboard is just too big of a deal for me. I use the keyboard way too much.
    AM83 likes this.
    09-08-18 09:37 PM
    if the capacitive keyboard isn't an issue, the K2 LG all the way.
    09-09-18 01:08 PM
    I am thinking to try K1 but without capacitive keyboard I am not sure I would even give a chance and try
    09-14-18 01:46 PM
    LE is basically re-inventing the wheel with some different colours. Given you can use button Re-mapper to effect the speed key on KEYᵒⁿᵉ, the only difference really is keyboard and future support with a worse camera.

Given many of those on BE KEYᵒⁿᵉ are still waiting for Oreo, I wouldn't buy LE K2 on the basis it will get Android P in a years' time ( which seems to be incremental at best anyway).

BB's strategy to my mind is flawed. Rather than LE they should have gone PRO. I think more business users would pay for that than go for a lesser edition which is closer to the previous iteration. Just MHO.
    krazyatom likes this.
    09-14-18 05:30 PM
    BB's strategy to my mind is flawed. Rather than LE they should have gone PRO. I think more business users would pay for that than go for a lesser edition which is closer to the previous iteration. Just MHO.
    Lol people were already screaming through the roof with KEY2's $650 price tag, and you think they should make a PRO costing even more?

As for the LE vs KEYone, if you can live without the scrolling/swiping gestures, then you should definitely go LE. A 10% bigger keyboard in matte isn't nothing.
    09-15-18 04:11 PM
    Don't waste your money or time. They're both garbage phones. I would consider the Key2 over both solely for the larger kb but not at retail price of course; not worth it.

I'm typing this on the K1 BE atm and compared to my Passport SE, the general experience but in particular the typing has been underwhelming to say the least - this could also be due to the pkb being less intuitive on Android vs BB10.
    In any case, whatever u decide, don't get the LE for crying out loud. If u already have, return it! Don't support that BS of a phone
    krazyatom likes this.
    09-18-18 01:30 PM
    In any case, whatever u decide, don't get the LE for crying out loud. If u already have, return it! Don't support that BS of a phone
    You don't give any reasons.

If you don't need capacitive keys, it's a nice, snappy device.

It's also more fun and is a bargain.
    09-18-18 02:25 PM

But no one will downgrade from key2 to LE.
    AM83 likes this.
    09-18-18 05:04 PM

What in the hell are u talking about! Are u being sponsored by BBRY MBL?
    All the reasons to hate it are in its description page.
    It's a downgrade to an already downgraded device.
    And why wouldn't n e 1 need or want the capacitive PKB. U don't downgrade the PKB ffs since it's the strongest selling point, you add to it as much as possible.
    And it's not a bargain considering all other options out there, pkb or not.
    09-18-18 05:51 PM
    What in the hell are u talking about! Are u being sponsored by BBRY MBL?
    All the reasons to hate it are in its description page.
    It's a downgrade to an already downgraded device.
    And why wouldn't n e 1 need or want the capacitive PKB. U don't downgrade the PKB ffs since it's the strongest selling point, you add to it as much as possible.
    And it's not a bargain considering all other options out there, pkb or not.
    Holy smokes, take a deep breath and chill. We're just chatting on a BlackBerry fansite. Lol.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ from last year was split into the KEY² LE and KEY² for this year - one at a lower price point, and the other at a higher price point. The intent was to widen the net.

The KEY² LE (over the KEYᵒⁿᵉ) has the advantage of a larger keyboard, a bokeh camera, a faster SoC, and a future upgrade to Pie. Colours are nice too.

Some people don't use or need the capacitive keyboard. There are a lot of Q10 and Classic fans out there, and some just turn it off because it interferes with their typing style.

The two devices are kind of like the Curve and Bold lines from yesteryear.
    09-18-18 05:58 PM
    I'm excited about the KEY2 LE. As eloquently stated by Conite, in most respects, it's an upgrade from the KEYone.

If you can do without keyboard gestures, it's definitely worth a try.

I think it will also appeal to folks like me who still enjoy a Q10 or Classic, but see that looming 12/31/2019 BIS and BlackBerry World termination deadline and have been waiting for BlackBerry Mobile to release a device with a good amount of features at a low-risk price.

I have used a KEYone and I think the KEY2 LE addresses several of my disappointments. Particularly, it's much lighter than the KEYone, has a larger matte keyboard, and the power button is on the right side where it belongs.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-18-18 08:54 PM
    KeyOne was a strong effort right off the gates, particularly in terms of design. They however needed to improve across the board.
    The Key2 and Le are disappointing by every metric, except for the pkb on the Key2.
    How long can they keep using the pkb as a crutch.
    I really enjoy using a pkb, but considering the competition, both Key2s are overpriced and underachieving.
    We'll see if the market shares my sentiment when the sale data is released.
    Also let's stop going down memory lane about the Curves and Bolds; it's 2018 ffs.
    If u want to talk about BBRy of yesteryear, then bring up something more recent and relatable like the Passport Q10 & Classic.
    09-18-18 09:18 PM
    Curves and Bolds were successful and profitable. No BB10 device meets their stellar criteria and never ever will.
    KeyOne was a strong effort right off the gates, particularly in terms of design. They however needed to improve across the board.
    The Key2 and Le are disappointing by every metric, except for the pkb on the Key2.
    I really enjoy using a pkb, but considering the competition, both Key2s are overpriced and underachieving.
    We'll see if the market shares my sentiment when the sale data is released.
    Also let's stop going down memory lane about the Curves and Bolds; it's 2018 ffs.
    If u want to talk about BBRy of yesteryear, then bring up something more recent and relatable like the Passport Q10 & Classic.
    09-18-18 09:31 PM
    You don't like the 660 SoC, 6GB ram, and 64GB of storage on the KEY²?

How about the 636 SoC on the KEY² LE?

You don't like the reduced weight of both models compared to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ? You don't like bokeh? Bluetooth 5.0? APTX? Improved grip and feel?
    A "crutch"? It is THE defining feature of a BBMo device.

both Key2s are overpriced and underachieving.
    [Citation needed]
    the_boon likes this.
    09-18-18 10:00 PM
    Holy smokes, take a deep breath and chill. We're just chatting on a BlackBerry fansite. Lol.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ from last year was split into the KEY² LE and KEY² for this year - one at a lower price point, and the other at a higher price point. The intent was to widen the net.

The KEY² LE (over the KEYᵒⁿᵉ) has the advantage of a larger keyboard, a bokeh camera, a faster SoC, and a future upgrade to Pie. Colours are nice too.

Some people don't use or need the capacitive keyboard. There are a lot of Q10 and Classic fans out there, and some just turn it off because it interferes with their typing style.

The two devices are kind of like the Curve and Bold lines from yesteryear.
    No backlight on key2 LE keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-18 11:57 PM
    10+ yes ago. It's time to move on and let go
    09-19-18 07:35 AM
    I don't know if it has backlight or not but I couldn't care any less even if it does. The LE is terrible and the regular Key2 is not that much better. I'm holding my breath for the Key3. Maybe that might impress
    09-19-18 07:38 AM
    I don't know if it has backlight or not but I couldn't care any less even if it does. The LE is terrible and the regular Key2 is not that much better. I'm holding my breath for the Key3. Maybe that might impress
    Why are you waiting for a keyboard device? You made it pretty clear it's not your thing.
    09-19-18 07:59 AM
    It does have a back-lit keyboard. I would never suggest that anyone buy a device they think is terrible.

I'm excited about the LE and plan on ordering one as soon as it's available.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-19-18 08:39 AM
    I didn't make it clear it's not my thing. The pkb is very much my thing, I just want a little bit more. If you're alright with settling with mediocrity than go for it.
    09-19-18 09:12 AM
    It does have a back-lit keyboard. I would never suggest that anyone buy a device they think is terrible.

I'm excited about the LE and plan on ordering one as soon as it's available.
    I can understand the desire for the reg' Key2, but u must be mad person to consider LE.
    09-19-18 09:16 AM
42 12