Even if they had released a CDMA version, as we discussed already, the results would have been the same. Unless Verizon accepts it, it won't work anyway at the end of next year.

I think we've hijacked this thread enough now.
    So Verizon allowed k1 but not k2?
    07-27-18 10:58 PM
    So Verizon allowed k1 but not k2?
    Start again at the beginning.
    07-27-18 11:00 PM
    I really like to hear something from TCL. It's going no where.
    07-27-18 11:21 PM
    So it's roughly the same size dimensions yet it's called the Lite. Am I the only one that liked the idea of it being smaller.

I want a Key3 with PP keyboard, wider phone and slightly shorter. Stereo speakers are a must. Once you rocked the PPSE it's hard to use many other phones after that for me at least.

Posted via CB10
    I'd prefer a shorter phone but the same width. I'm big on being able to use a phone one-handed, and the Passport was definitely not a one-hander. I'm all for them making a Passport-like device, but I'd really like to see a Classic-sized phone again.
    sadgeek likes this.
    07-28-18 08:51 PM
    So it's roughly the same size dimensions yet it's called the Lite. Am I the only one that liked the idea of it being smaller.

I want a Key3 with PP keyboard, wider phone and slightly shorter. Stereo speakers are a must. Once you rocked the PPSE it's hard to use many other phones after that for me at least.

Posted via CB10
    You’ll be waiting a long time. The devices will be standardized in terms of external dimensions if past success of Apple devices are indication. How long between physical changes? The first 3 and successors were 3 years. The 4, 4s, 5, 5s and SE are 6 years. The 6, 6s, 7, 8 are 4 years.... The Plus version didn’t come out for 7 years if math is correct. The old days of various forms with BB devices is over if BBMo expects to succeed economically.
    07-28-18 09:46 PM
    I found a regular KEY2 OS dump that has mention of the BBE100-5 in a Verizon-related library; whitelisting seems likelier now.
    tigrute likes this.
    08-06-18 11:08 AM
    I found a regular KEY2 OS dump that has mention of the BBE100-5 in a Verizon-related library; whitelisting seems likelier now.
    So is that in fact still a CDMA KEY2 LE variant? If so that would pretty much put an end to the LTE only KEY2 hopes.
    08-06-18 11:35 AM
    So is that in fact still a CDMA KEY2 LE variant? If so that would pretty much put an end to the LTE only KEY2 hopes.
    It's still LTE-only (bands in first post).
    08-06-18 11:51 AM
    It's still LTE-only (bands in first post).
    Gotcha...

Sounds good, other than it being a dual SIM device.... as Verizon hasn't supported many of those.
    08-06-18 11:55 AM
    Verizon is trying real hard to move away from CDMA. With VoLTE, they can do without it.

Sprint is not that "major". Plus. Once it gets gobbled up by T-Mobile, they too will concentrate on expanding 5G with LTE, and again CDMA will be left in the dustbins.

Besides, compared to the rest of the mobile world, CDMA is real small.
    Exactly. If they came out with CDMA phones, they would become obsolete very quickly. People would not be happy campers to be "left in the dust." There is the option of changing carriers.
    08-20-18 03:31 PM
    Finally CDMA USA version!
    There is no CDMA version.
    08-21-18 11:31 AM
    There is no CDMA version.
    There is "mention" of a BBE100-5 in a Verizon-related library.... but yeah we have seen variants planned that never went into production. With the KEY2 there never was a VZW variant even mentioned....

I wouldn't stake the farm on the a US CDMA version.... but there is something to hope for.

But I agree the BBE100-3 isn't for Verizon.
    08-21-18 11:44 AM
    Exactly. If they came out with CDMA phones, they would become obsolete very quickly. People would not be happy campers to be "left in the dust." There is the option of changing carriers.
    Both CDMA and GSM 2G/3G is being phased out in the US. A CDMA phone won't be useless, as it will still function as a LTE phone. I expect most major phone released on Verizon will still have CDMA capabilities this year and on into next year. Maybe they'll replace CDMA with 5G, or maybe they'll include 3G, 4G and 5G in phones for a while.

GSM... they'll have to keep providing that so people can travel to other markets, as the rest of the world isn't changing over that fast.
    08-21-18 11:48 AM
    I've encountered this before in a very strange place. The Droid Pro. This was the first phone I ever encountered with a Verizon Sim in it. However, it wasn't a 4g phone, it was a very early CDMA And GSM phone. Now while it is true that CDMA Is going to end by late 2019, there is a history of the occasional dual sim and irregular setup verizon phone for international capabilities. I could see the Key2 getting a version of this phone in Verizon Red.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-18 07:41 PM
    I've encountered this before in a very strange place. The Droid Pro. This was the first phone I ever encountered with a Verizon Sim in it. However, it wasn't a 4g phone, it was a very early CDMA And GSM phone. Now while it is true that CDMA Is going to end by late 2019, there is a history of the occasional dual sim and irregular setup verizon phone for international capabilities. I could see the Key2 getting a version of this phone in Verizon Red.

Posted via CB10
    I'm still trying to figure out what Verizon wants from a Palm phone..... so it's hard to foresee what they'll do.

Maybe they get a KEY2 LE white listed on Verizon, maybe they release a CDMA KEY2LE, and just maybe VZW actually carries the KEY2LE...

Can you imagine both Palm and BlackBerry in a Verizon store side by side again...

Reality probable is the PALM phone is a cheap phone for their prepaid customers and MVNOs. And BBMo isn't even on VZW radar...
    08-22-18 09:41 AM
    Yeah I saw that palm phone as well. It's a very strange beast.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-18 06:20 PM
91 ... 234