Longtime Blackberry user, currently have a KeyOne. Would like to get a Key2 LE, but am a bit confused about the limited models still available? Can someone explain which model I should be looking for if I want to avoid warranty issues (i.e., Optiemus/Indian variants) and update limitations.

Thanks!
    Last edited by bmiano; 08-06-19 at 09:36 PM.
    08-06-19 05:29 PM
    Longtime Blackberry user, currently have a KeyOne. Would like to get a Key2 LE, but am a bit confused about the limited models still available? Can someone explain which model I should be looking for if I want to avoid warranty issues (i.e., Optiemus/Indian variants) and update limitations.

Thanks!
    If you're in the US, go for a BBE100-2 or BBE100-5 dual SIM if possible.

Color doesn't matter, but get the one you like the most I guess
    08-06-19 09:53 PM
    Thanks the_boon. Having a hard time finding those Model Nos. Can find the BBE-104RD.

Is an international model okay to use in the US so long as it is not the Indian model made by Optiemus? Sellers are telling me the phone is made by TCL but is international version and that seller provides the warranty. Is this correct?
    08-08-19 11:37 AM
    Thanks the_boon. Having a hard time finding those Model Nos. Can find the BBE-104RD.

Is an international model okay to use in the US so long as it is not the Indian model made by Optiemus? Sellers are telling me the phone is made by TCL but is international version and that seller provides the warranty. Is this correct?
    On Amazon, many have bought a International version that was suppose to be from the EU, and it ended up being from India. But with Amazon you should be able to return it, but it's frustrating that sellers are trying to scam users (or they don't know the difference themselves).

Warranty... not sure I'd count on any warranty beyond the Amazon return window.

Which carrier are you using?
    08-08-19 03:14 PM
    I'm using T-mobile currently.

Amazon has refunded me before for a refurbished phone sold as new (less the restocking fee), but the ones I'm finding now are not through Amazon. Places like FusionElectronics. Familiar with them? They are claiming to provide the warranty service on the phone, but say the phone was built by TCL, not Optiemus.

I guess if I'm willing to accept that I may be forgoing any warranty coverage, an international phone that is not from India will not be a problem. Is that correct?

Can they give me the PRD for the phone without unsealing the new packaging?
    08-08-19 03:25 PM
    I'm using T-mobile currently.

Amazon has refunded me before for a refurbished phone sold as new (less the restocking fee), but the ones I'm finding now are not through Amazon. Places like FusionElectronics. Familiar with them? They are claiming to provide the warranty service on the phone, but say the phone was built by TCL, not Optiemus.

I guess if I'm willing to accept that I may be forgoing any warranty coverage, an international phone that is not from India will not be a problem. Is that correct?

Can they give me the PRD for the phone without unsealing the new packaging?
    With T-Mobile you'd be missing band Band 66...

If you are willing to give up on warranty and some coverage...? I'd look for a used NA varriant.
    08-09-19 08:38 AM
    Did you pick up a phone? They have them at GoTalk if you haven't already!!
    09-11-19 06:54 PM
    I'm a bit worried how scarce the Key2 series is. I bought the LE slate in January on Verizon and eventually I will want a silver Key2 and I can't find it on Amazon.

I can't even find the LE on Amazon. But they still have the KeyOne silver available. What's going on? Why is BlackBerry so hard to find man
    09-12-19 04:00 AM
    What's going on?
    The answer(s) lie within these forums, don't take much reading before you get the gist of where things MAY be going. The never ending silence on TCL/BBMo's end, device availability lacking, and sporadic support, have been telling for quite some time now.
    09-12-19 05:50 AM