Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    When I create an event on my calendar I put a one week notification on but I've never received the notification I don't understand why this is really important to me because I do forget and wanted to know a week in advance
    01-01-19 08:30 AM
    Dumb question I suppose, but I gotta ask. Was the date for which you are creating the event and reminder for more than a week out when you created the event?
    01-01-19 09:09 AM
    My only advice here is to take your time to get to know the app. Our BB group decided to look at the app in more detail and it was right around the time that it was updated.
    Right now, it can do just about everything the Google calendar app can, and that's the one I'm synchronised with.
    And, something nobody has been able to explain is why I've go the full range of colours for my events on my LE, but never could get them on my Keyone...
    Last edited by mrsimon; 01-01-19 at 01:21 PM.
    01-01-19 11:35 AM
    When I create an event on my calendar I put a one week notification on but I've never received the notification I don't understand why this is really important to me because I do forget and wanted to know a week in advance
    Specifically, go to reminders and notifications and then choose when you want the reminder to pop up. See the image.
    The reminder appears on your screen as part of the Notification shade.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Calendar-14804.jpg  
    01-01-19 01:24 PM
    Dumb question I suppose, but I gotta ask. Was the date for which you are creating the event and reminder for more than a week out when you created the event?
    Yes I created it a week and a half and when the week came I got no reminder whatsoever
    01-01-19 06:15 PM
    Specifically, go to reminders and notifications and then choose when you want the reminder to pop up. See the image.
    The reminder appears on your screen as part of the Notification shade.
    Yes I chose 1 week but it never reminded me
    01-01-19 06:15 PM
    My only advice here is to take your time to get to know the app. Our BB group decided to look at the app in more detail and it was right around the time that it was updated.
    Right now, it can do just about everything the Google calendar app can, and that's the one I'm synchronised with.
    And, something nobody has been able to explain is why I've go the full range of colours for my events on my LE, but never could get them on my Keyone...
    What this doesn't help me and I don't understand what you're saying did you understand my issue because I don't think you do but whatever
    01-01-19 06:16 PM
    if u have a bad memory I'd put a reminder an hour before. This is what I do. How can a week before help you?
    If the notification isn't appearing then that is strange. you can add more than one reminder. Try it again. It should work!!
    01-02-19 11:21 AM
    It happened to me too back when I was on my Priv. Calendar skipped 90% of my notifications. Why? I have no idea. I ended up using Simple Calendar and it worked fine.
    01-02-19 05:05 PM
    Business Calendar 2.0 is far superior to bbry's cal app, which currently just crashes on O365 exchange set-up. Lots of options for set-up and customization...os7+ level tools to manage notifications. All far better than anything since from bbry.
    01-02-19 07:20 PM
    I'm quite content with the calendar App. Works fine so far. I'm on bèta by the way.
    Sidenote: I am not able to sync with my work calendar. Company doesn't allow. As that's Lotus Notes, that's probably better as well. ;-)
    01-03-19 12:31 AM
    if u have a bad memory I'd put a reminder an hour before. This is what I do. How can a week before help you?
    If the notification isn't appearing then that is strange. you can add more than one reminder. Try it again. It should work!!
    I will and let you know
    01-06-19 05:57 PM
    It happened to me too back when I was on my Priv. Calendar skipped 90% of my notifications. Why? I have no idea. I ended up using Simple Calendar and it worked fine.
    But I like stock apps why should I download third party apps just for it to work
    01-06-19 05:58 PM
    Business Calendar 2.0 is far superior to bbry's cal app, which currently just crashes on O365 exchange set-up. Lots of options for set-up and customization...os7+ level tools to manage notifications. All far better than anything since from bbry.
    Thanks but I'm not going to go download a third party calendar when a phone should have the basic calendar app working for me
    01-06-19 06:00 PM
    I'm quite content with the calendar App. Works fine so far. I'm on bèta by the way.
    Sidenote: I am not able to sync with my work calendar. Company doesn't allow. As that's Lotus Notes, that's probably better as well. ;-)
    Thanks but I'm not on the beta and it's trash
    01-06-19 06:01 PM
    I'm just getting started with my LE, and accidentally found out that if i tag myself, i.e. put myself down as the participant it sends me the notification. All good, just ticked a few others off that i had added to the event, it sent out notifications for them too! OOOOPS.LOL
    07-14-19 08:00 PM
    On a slightly different note, I occasionally have to force stop the calendar because it uses excessive battery. Sometimes after I have used the calendar I will notice that it's battery usage since last charge has been as high as 24%. Has anyone else observed this?
    07-22-19 08:56 AM