Hey guys,
    So I've had my LE for a month now and love it almost more than my Key2 - lighter, softer/less clicky keyboard (and frets!) and the Red version looks gorgeous - however, one big thing I hate is the Battery Life sometimes doesn't go past the day for me - any tips to improve this? (I disconnect Wi-Fi when possible, done the Development options and remove animations etc) so anything else would be great

Cheers!
    02-03-19 01:27 PM
    I know a lot of people on here would agree disabling chrome is a big boost to battery life. but, can you post a screen of your usage so we can get a better picture of what's going on?
    the_boon likes this.
    02-03-19 01:32 PM
    I always use Firefox and disabled Chrome - but when I check battery usage it says BBM, TikTok and Viber were used, although I didn't open those apps?!
    02-03-19 01:44 PM
    I agree with commenter above re posting an actual screenshot re usage. Re those apps you mentioned, did they actually show significant usage or like 0-1% only?

Other than after installing a couple mind-mapping apps and a ref manager app, after which I noted increased battery usage prompting me to delete them and things went back to normal, I get great battery usage and screen times.

However these are things I do:
    - disable any BB hub and messaging software - I find that Nine email and BC2 are much better email and calendar alternatives, respectively and for me used less battery
    - only use location when I leave my home
    - set sync for aforementioned accounts to every 15-30 mins depending on day/time. I would go through your apps that sync things and adjust accordingly
    - disable chrome and instead use only Firefox (I have been a Mozilla user since the beginning)

However since I have great battery usage (certainly when compared to any prior phones), I am hesitant to do any system upgrades partially for that reason. If updates were pure security only and BB actually released a changelog, I might reconsider.
    bmhillegass87 and OMGitsRLR-1 like this.
    02-03-19 03:27 PM
    Thanks a lot for that! Yeah I think with the Sync intervals I might look into that as well!
    02-04-19 08:38 AM
    Disable BBM, Viber and whatever other app is draining your battery.

Especially BBM lol
    02-04-19 09:34 AM
    Disable BBM, Viber and whatever other app is draining your battery.

Especially BBM lol
    I use BBM on my Key2 everyday: instant messaging, voice calls and video calls, and it has never been more than 7% or 8% of battery usage...
    ... Spotify however, even if I am not aware that I have used it, is often > 20%.

Classic Words Free can also be up to 7% or 8% but that's because I play the game on long commutes!
    02-05-19 04:31 AM
    I use BBM on my Key2 everyday: instant messaging, voice calls and video calls, and it has never been more than 7% or 8% of battery usage...
    ... Spotify however, even if I am not aware that I have used it, is often > 20%.

Classic Words Free can also be up to 7% or 8% but that's because I play the game on long commutes!
    Spotify over 20%??? I use Spotify quite a lot. I have never seen it using battery more than 5-10%.
    02-05-19 04:48 AM
    Spotify over 20%??? I use Spotify quite a lot. I have never seen it using battery more than 5-10%.
    Yep! If I notice unusual battery drain, I look in the Battery App and its always Spotify... a 'Force Stop' (and sometimes a re-boot too) seems to fix the problem for another 7-10 days.

It's weird, because its not an application that I use that regularly (usually no more than one weekend per month).
    02-05-19 04:57 AM
    Yep! If I notice unusual battery drain, I look in the Battery App and its always Spotify... a 'Force Stop' (and sometimes a re-boot too) seems to fix the problem for another 7-10 days.

It's weird, because its not an application that I use that regularly (usually no more than one weekend per month).
    Weird... Maybe you can delete and re-install? Last question. Do you have a premium account?
    02-05-19 05:04 AM
    Weird... Maybe you can delete and re-install? Last question. Do you have a premium account?
    Yeah, I've thought about the delete and re-install, just haven't gotten round to it yet!

The freebie version (but its good enough to cast to mother's tv when I'm doing my monthly filial duty - hence the only using Spotify one weekend per month)
    02-05-19 05:14 AM
    Yeah, I've thought about the delete and re-install, just haven't gotten round to it yet!

The freebie version (but its good enough to cast to mother's tv when I'm doing my monthly filial duty - hence the only using Spotify one weekend per month)
    Could be an explanation... They probably are trying to collect as much data on you because you are not an excessive user... They wanna know why
    02-05-19 05:17 AM
    ...and turn down/off any unnecessary lighting e.g. screen brightness or back lighting or screen timeout setting. Power is often lost by lighting up things we don't need or when we are not looking, so it's often easy win.
    02-05-19 06:34 AM
    Don't forget to clear the cache for an app that may be acting up
    02-05-19 09:54 AM
    ...and turn down/off any unnecessary lighting e.g. screen brightness or back lighting or screen timeout setting. Power is often lost by lighting up things we don't need or when we are not looking, so it's often easy win.
    The other thing I have just noticed is how much battery is used by the Clock app if you don't close it... >20% overnight (can't remember exactly how much). Usually I open the clock app (eg tap on the time), set my alarm, and then close the app... one night recently I forgot to close the app (it was the only one open) and in the morning I was gobsmacked at how much battery percentage had been used overnight (I charge my Key2 in the evening before I go to bed).

I'm wondering if anybody else has encountered something similar (and if anybody has a clue why the app should use so much battery).
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 02-09-19 at 04:22 AM. Reason: formatting / typos
    02-09-19 04:20 AM
    The other thing I have just noticed is how much battery is used by the Clock app if you don't close it... >20% overnight (can't remember exactly how much). Usually I open the clock app (eg tap on the time), set my alarm, and then close the app... one night recently I forgot to close the app (it was the only one open) and in the morning I was gobsmacked at how much battery percentage had been used overnight (I charge my Key2 in the evening before I go to bed).

I'm wondering if anybody else has encountered something similar (and if anybody has a clue why the app should use so much battery).
    It shouldn't.

Clear the cache and force stop the Clock app and see if that helps
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-09-19 11:14 PM
    It shouldn't.

Clear the cache and force stop the Clock app and see if that helps
    How do I 'Clear the cache' please?

Normally I just shut the app, do a force stop if necessary, and often a re-boot for good measure.
    02-10-19 03:49 PM
    Apps -/ Clock -/ Storage -/ see pictureBest Ways to improve Battery Life?-notable-00072.jpeg
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-10-19 07:10 PM
    Apps -/ Clock -/ Storage -/ see pictureClick image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00072.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	442939
    Thank you - I wasn't aware of this functionality for app management (I'd never looked further than 'Force Stop') - really useful.
    02-10-19 07:24 PM
    No problem. Hope that resolves your issue.
    02-10-19 11:27 PM