My job switched me to Verizon and issued me a Samsung S10e. Not a bad phone, but I miss my Key2 already. As of now I still have it but I would need a Key2 LE to use it on Verizon.

I don't have a lot of cash to budget into buying a 400 dollar phone. What are some of the places you have seen the LE on sale at a cheaper price?
    01-16-20 04:45 PM
    My job switched me to Verizon and issued me a Samsung S10e. Not a bad phone, but I miss my Key2 already. As of now I still have it but I would need a Key2 LE to use it on Verizon.

I don't have a lot of cash to budget into buying a 400 dollar phone. What are some of the places you have seen the LE on sale at a cheaper price?
    Best Buy or eBay.
    Sporkguy3 likes this.
    01-16-20 04:51 PM
    Just get a brand new one from Best Buy, it's an official retailer and right now they're below $300.
    Sporkguy3 likes this.
    01-16-20 06:28 PM
    If you're lucky then you MIGHT find 1 left over at a Walmart. They were on sale (clearance) for $117 I believe back in Nov. I bought 3. But very few Walmarts had them at the time. I suspect they are all gone but honestly you never know. Might be worth checking a couple near you...
    Sporkguy3 and falbo like this.
    01-16-20 08:09 PM
    If you're lucky then you MIGHT find 1 left over at a Walmart. They were on sale (clearance) for $117 I believe back in Nov. I bought 3. But very few Walmarts had them at the time. I suspect they are all gone but honestly you never know. Might be worth checking a couple near you...
    So I guess you could say that you are a K3 owner ! Lol.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    the_boon likes this.
    01-17-20 12:31 AM
    So I guess you could say that you are a K3 owner ! Lol.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    Ha ha. I actually a K4 owner - I have my primary + the 3 backups for parts or future use. I bought those not just because of the pricing but because I believe these will be the last Blackberry phones ever made and I want to be sure I can use them for as long as possible before I have to give up the PKB!
    01-17-20 12:54 AM
    Ha ha. I actually a K4 owner - I have my primary + the 3 backups for parts or future use. I bought those not just because of the pricing but because I believe these will be the last Blackberry phones ever made and I want to be sure I can use them for as long as possible before I have to give up the PKB!
    Hopefully there will be other PKB devices down the road (UniHertz Titan/F(x) Tec Pro 1 are a start), but the existing KEYBerry's should still be able to go for another 3 or so years.
    phuoc and Sporkguy3 like this.
    01-17-20 07:31 AM
    Just get a brand new one from Best Buy, it's an official retailer and right now they're below $300.
    Unfortunately it seems Best Buy is restricted to US, Mexico and Canada customers only. If an international customer wishes to place an order, they would have to specify an address to the above countries.
    01-17-20 10:37 AM
    Unfortunately it seems Best Buy is restricted to US, Mexico and Canada customers only. If an international customer wishes to place an order, they would have to specify an address to the above countries.
    Where are you located?
    01-17-20 12:19 PM
    Where are you located?
    I am in Greece, so it seems my best choice is Ebay,or Amazon. Ebay has better and a lot more offers actually.
    01-17-20 12:30 PM
    I am in Greece, so it seems my best choice is Ebay,or Amazon. Ebay has better and a lot more offers actually.
    But if Amazon Greece also has the LE for a similar price as those on eBay in your region, then you might be better off with Amazon if it's considered an official BBMo retailer so if there were any issues down the road, the warranty repair/process might go smoother
    01-17-20 01:09 PM
    But if Amazon Greece also has the LE for a similar price as those on eBay in your region, then you might be better off with Amazon if it's considered an official BBMo retailer so if there were any issues down the road, the warranty repair/process might go smoother
    There is no Amazon Greece as such. If you google this, it will redirect you to Amazon.com and display which sellers will ship to Greece. Another option would be Amazon.co.uk, where many sellers from there will ship to Greece, as well as amazon itself.

Having said that, whenever I bought something from Amazon, I could do so with a credit card only, whereas on Ebay I can use Paypal, which is a better option for me. Anyway, I'll examine all options again and see how to proceed. Many thanks for your input!
    Sporkguy3 likes this.
    01-17-20 02:13 PM
    There is no Amazon Greece as such. If you google this, it will redirect you to Amazon.com and display which sellers will ship to Greece. Another option would be Amazon.co.uk, where many sellers from there will ship to Greece, as well as amazon itself.

Having said that, whenever I bought something from Amazon, I could do so with a credit card only, whereas on Ebay I can use Paypal, which is a better option for me. Anyway, I'll examine all options again and see how to proceed. Many thanks for your input!
    If the Amazon UK site will is where Amazon handles official BBMo authorized sales to Greece, that would be strongly encouraged for the warranty coverage boon mentioned.

The other sites like eBay have so many issues as far as misrepresentation or mislabeling of PRD # sold that it just doesn’t fit the Key2 or Key2 LE hardware purchase risk. All bickering aside, nobody seriously wants to see fellow member ripped off in any way.
    01-17-20 07:14 PM
    Hopefully there will be other PKB devices down the road (UniHertz Titan/F(x) Tec Pro 1 are a start), but the existing KEYBerry's should still be able to go for another 3 or so years.
    Yes - that would be great re. the new devices. But I am not planning on it just to be sure. I used my Classic until mid-2019 so I plan on using my Key2 LE for quite some time if it cooperates!
    the_boon likes this.
    01-17-20 10:14 PM
    My job switched me to Verizon and issued me a Samsung S10e. Not a bad phone, but I miss my Key2 already.
    I've been using the S10e for the past week and I've become quite smitten with it. But I hear what you say about missing the KEY2. I will likely switch back to either the KEY2 or the LE in a month or so as I do miss the pkb for a period of time. For now, I'm enjoying the extra screen real estate, the super competent BlackBerry vkb, the great camera and the compact form factor.
    Sporkguy3 and the_boon like this.
    01-17-20 10:18 PM
    just make sure you are getting the 100-5. the only one VZW will play nice with. I almost dropped on an atomic but it was a 100-4
    phuoc likes this.
    01-18-20 06:44 AM
    I've been using the S10e for the past week and I've become quite smitten with it. But I hear what you say about missing the KEY2. I will likely switch back to either the KEY2 or the LE in a month or so as I do miss the pkb for a period of time. For now, I'm enjoying the extra screen real estate, the super competent BlackBerry vkb, the great camera and the compact form factor.
    No wonder your p9983 is mad at you.
    01-18-20 08:34 AM
    Didn't realize that, thanks for the heads up.
    01-18-20 12:18 PM
    just make sure you are getting the 100-5. the only one VZW will play nice with. I almost dropped on an atomic but it was a 100-4
    Thanks for the heads up
    mundo472 likes this.
    01-18-20 12:19 PM
    How do you get the vkb? I tried to download an apk and it said it wasn't compatible. It is a nice phone though.
    01-18-20 02:15 PM
    How do you get the vkb? I tried to download an apk and it said it wasn't compatible. It is a nice phone though.
    Cobalt's BlackBerry manager solution
    Sporkguy3 likes this.
    01-18-20 02:51 PM
    No wonder your p9983 is mad at you.
    It's been mad at me since 2016
    01-18-20 02:52 PM
    Same as you lol, coming from a KEY2 / LE to an S10e temporarily.

I like this little slab...

...but it's a slab, hence no plastic to type on
    01-18-20 06:53 PM
    Same as you lol, coming from a KEY2 / LE to an S10e temporarily.

I like this little slab...

...but it's a slab, hence no plastic to type on
    While I do love my pkbs, I actually like using a vkb. Actually, let me rephrase... I like using the BB10 vkb. The vkb on my Z10 and Z30 spoiled me and set the bar so high that I could never get used to any other keyboard.

The android version of the BlackBerry vkb isn't bad (v3 that is, not 4) but not as smooth as BB10's imo. For that reason, the S10e has been a fun little device to tote around.

Come to think of it, it's the swipe left to delete feature that makes all the difference for me. I could probably get accustomed to other vkbs if they had that feature (I'm not aware of any others that do).

All that being said, I'm starting to miss the pkb so wouldn't be surprised if I go back to the KEY2 for a stretch. I won't return the S10e though, this one's a keeper.
    01-18-20 07:31 PM
    While I do love my pkbs, I actually like using a vkb. Actually, let me rephrase... I like using the BB10 vkb. The vkb on my Z10 and Z30 spoiled me and set the bar so high that I could never get used to any other keyboard.

The android version of the BlackBerry vkb isn't bad (v3 that is, not 4) but not as smooth as BB10's imo. For that reason, the S10e has been a fun little device to tote around.

Come to think of it, it's the swipe left to delete feature that makes all the difference for me. I could probably get accustomed to other vkbs if they had that feature (I'm not aware of any others that do).

All that being said, I'm starting to miss the pkb so wouldn't be surprised if I go back to the KEY2 for a stretch. I won't return the S10e though, this one's a keeper.
    Same for me, I think my S10e is a keeper, even if my sim won't be in it anymore.

As for the BB VKB, I'm currently on version 4.1904.3.16701 and it's not that great. How could I get an older version?

Also, Gboard does have swipe left on the backspace key to delete. How it works is you swipe left and it will start highlighting text, then just move your finger towards the left if you want more text highlighted, or to the right of you want less. And as soon as you let go, it will delete whichever words were selected.
    01-18-20 11:48 PM
41 12