Having just moved to a KEY2LE from a Bold I find that I am now unable to sync my contacts and calendar between the KEY2LE and Outlook 2010 (desktop) like it did through Desktop Manager.

Can anyone recommend some software to do this which will be forwards compatible, given that Outlook 2010 will be redundant after next October, and can be used via a USB cable rather than WIFI or the Cloud.

Also, there does not appear to be any backup/restore facility as there was with the Bold and BDMS.

Again, can anyone recommend a piece of software that will enable me to backup the entire contents of the KEY2LE via a USB to my PC, again not in the Cloud.
    11-21-19 11:41 AM
    Samsung had some tools that worked somewhat ... not sure if they require an Samsung phone or if any Android would work.

Some in the past recommended a more generic SyncDroid... but I never used it.

I have no issues with the cloud so that's what I use to keep my data synced between six devices.
    Outlook.com for personal email, contract and calendar - One Drive for most data. Have just started using an iPhone so also using iCloud now.
    11-21-19 01:14 PM
    Try the software from Akruto.com.

I only synched calendars with it. It worked perfectly until Outlook began to have issues on my PC.

Never had a problem with it until then. great support if you need it.
    11-24-19 08:54 PM
    For email sync, what type of email account are you using? You only need a sync tool for very old POP or IMAP accounts. Modern email formats, such as Exchange based like outlook.com or older Hotmail and live.com accounts, or gmail, already support contact and calendar sync. BBOS only supported the feature through a software sync or by the addition of an Exchange add-on through BES.
    There likely are tools that will work, but since all of my email accounts are Exchange I haven't had to look.

For transferring files, just connecting a USB cable and moving the contents of folders to/from your computer could work, and for Windows PC's you could always create a batch file that copied directories on the phone to a location on your PC.

A more secure cloud option would be to buy a web domain and then purchase a G-Suite or business Office 365 account. You get a more robust set of security tools, and because you are using a pay service your data isn't used for advertising purposes.
    12-16-19 07:12 AM