After three advance replacements I am preparing for the possibility of having to move on from BlackBerry after using their phones since 2008.

I loathe the idea of typing on glass, but if I have to go that route, what phone have most of you BlackBerry fans tried of the slabs out there has functioned best?
    05-17-19 10:16 AM
    I tried an iPhone and a DTEK60 . I do not dislike iOS . But today I feel Apple is just too expensive.

What's your budget, what part of the world do you live? Kind of important.

But my first thoughts are Google Pixel 3 or 3a...
    05-17-19 10:25 AM
    Most any android is going to allow you to install HUB+, and with a "hack" even the BlackBerry VKB.

Do think iOS is a little simpler to get the hang of, and Apple does make good device with the longest support.

If security is a big concern... Samsung is probable the best solution with their premium phones that have KNOX. Value Huawei and OnePlus are hard to beat. Updates Pixel phones will be the best Android solution.
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    05-17-19 10:43 AM
    I am on Verizon in the United States. what has been your experience with Galaxy 9?

Budget is I don't want to pay a grand for a phone....
    05-17-19 11:55 AM
    After three advance replacements I am preparing for the possibility of having to move on from BlackBerry after using their phones since 2008.

I loathe the idea of typing on glass, but if I have to go that route, what phone have most of you BlackBerry fans tried of the slabs out there has functioned best?
    If you're gonna type on glass, you should go for a larger slab since the virtual keys will be larger.
    The best would be a 6" slab that's not too heavy ideally.

And by best, I mean the lesser of evils because typing on glass will never EVER match up to real keys (well, unless they refine the SurePress from Storm maybe?).
    I would install the BlackBerry VKB and keep haptic vibrations on.

That being said, what is putting you off from getting a KEYone/KEY2/LE ?
    05-17-19 12:34 PM

Why not still use a keyboard ?

Check the (Fx)tec Pro 1, a large 6 inches device with a landscape slider keyboard.
    05-20-19 02:07 AM

Gemini phone
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/g...le-device--2#/

I would recommend getting samsung. Since it packs with knox for security, also mostly superamoled that will help you while typing under the sunlight.
    05-20-19 02:32 AM
    I tried a Sony XPERIA XA2 ultra before i bought mey key2 le. It was pretty usable. it has a huge screen. I bought it used on ebay though, and there was something wrong with the voice call quality and the auto dimmer function. I presume these issues were because it was fairly heavily used. I returned it and was actually going to try and find one in better shape, when i came accross the key2 le on sale for $300 at best buy, so decided to use that. I was coming from a passport, so i did install the Hub+ on the sony, but it didn't have any notification lights, so that sucked.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-25-19 05:10 PM
    You can install any keyboard on any Android phone, so it will not make much difference between each Android phone.

if you do go the route of installing BlackBerry suite on other Android phones, a couple things you have to keep in mind.
    - The BlackBerry keyboard is not available for purchase.
    - If you do decide to pirate BlackBerry suite to install BlackBerry keyboard, you can do that, but you will lose BlackBerry password keeper syncing.

For me, I wanted both BlackBerry keyboard and BlackBerry password keeper when I used a non BlackBerry Android phone, so that was a struggle.

As for the typing itself, you really won't find anything as good as a physical keyboard if you are used to that. I too had multiple warranty repairs done with multiple different BlackBerry phones which annoy me, but I do keep on using the BlackBerry phones since it is the only real physical keyboard phone available.

There are other physical keyboard phones from crowd funding (Gemini, Unihertz, fxtech) but I personally believe that BlackBerry still has the best chance knowhow in building a good physical keyboard and making the software to fully utilize physical keyboard around it.
    11-26-19 05:59 AM