Always negative...
    Sure, reality will always seem negative in contrast to pie-in-the-sky dreams.
    Smokeaire and Elky64 like this.
    07-18-19 04:11 PM
    Sure, reality will always seem negative in contrast to pie-in-the-sky dreams.
    IMO being negative is a matter of choice & personality.
    07-18-19 04:13 PM
    I don’t advocate losing money and BB along with BBMo seems to agree.
    Right, which is why they won't simply dedicate a bit of warehouse space in the U.S. as the_boon suggested, low cost or not.
    07-18-19 04:55 PM
    What is the problem now?
    07-18-19 05:01 PM
    I prefer to call it realist ;-)
    TgeekB and Smokeaire like this.
    07-18-19 05:11 PM
    With all this doom and gloom, I bought a key2 le from bestbuy yesterday destined for Boston. Worst case scenario I'll return it in a couple weeks if I change my mind with it. Or resell it at a markup :-)
    07-18-19 05:39 PM
    When they want to, sure. But they won't divulge roadmaps.
    I left my trailerpark in Carnieville and went to Walton Mountain to get the Excursion an oil change. While in the store waiting, I noticed besides TCL branded TVs and phones now, a huge display of TCL branded air conditioner window units.

It appears TCL brand may be less toxic and cheaper overall than licensing any brands..
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-18-19 05:57 PM
    When they want to, sure. But they won't divulge roadmaps.
    Best Buy will stop selling BlackBerry Key devices soon.-carta_marinaheader.jpg

That's because the maps are covered with monsters!
    Mecca EL and kvndoom like this.
    07-18-19 08:19 PM
    I'm not too far from that MA store...hmm...
    07-19-19 06:11 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carta_marinaheader.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	445293

That's because the maps are covered with monsters!
    Don’t forget the ogres, trolls and donkey of course.
    07-19-19 08:18 AM
    And boogie men.............
    07-19-19 06:26 PM
    Yes true, BestBuy is no longer selling any BlackBerry devices.
    Thank you author for the credibility!
    07-20-19 03:13 PM
    Really? All devices planned for the USA by TCL are sold?

The USA seems to be a saturated market for KEY2 and KEY²LE.
    07-20-19 03:24 PM
    How many times have you hosted a party to celebrate a glass being 1/4 full?
    07-20-19 04:19 PM
    Really? All devices planned for the USA by TCL are sold?

The USA seems to be a saturated market for KEY2 and KEY²LE.
    If you had 10 widgets to sell, would you send them to a market where they had already been selling for a year and most of the demand has dried up, or would you send them to a fresh market with untapped demand?

As I indicated in another thread, the KEY² LE was just launched in the last couple of months in the South Pacific, Turkey, and Japan. The KEY² is due to hit Amazon Australia shortly.

I wish the residual demand in North America warranted retooling production for the NA device variants, but it is what it is.
    07-20-19 04:22 PM
    It could indeed be Moe lucrative to send equipment into a market that can be newly developed. But why then do they completely forego the American market? The demand there is not zero.

But maybe TCL thinks of the following: Only the customers in the South Pacific, Turkey, Japan and Australia are stupid enough to buy a smartphone with only one year of support.
    07-20-19 04:34 PM
    It could indeed be Moe lucrative to send equipment into a market that can be newly developed. But why then do they completely forego the American market? The demand there is not zero.

But maybe TCL thinks of the following: Only the customers in the South Pacific, Turkey, Japan and Australia are stupid enough to buy a smartphone with only one year of support.
    They didn't forgo the American market - they were among the first to get the product, and sold for a year - essentially saturating the market.

Clearly BBMo has run the numbers, and so far, has decided the residual sales in NA would not pay to retool the production lines to produce more NA devices. I'm sure their market analysis makes the math fairly easy.
    07-20-19 04:39 PM
    Clearly BBMo has run the numbers, and so far, has decided the residual sales in NA would not pay to retool the production lines to produce more NA devices. I'm sure their market analysis makes the math fairly easy.
    Is this an assumption or determination and if the latter, can you point to the information source?
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-20-19 04:52 PM
    Is this an assumption or determination and if the latter, can you point to the information source?
    The answer is self-evident - unless of course you're accusing TCL of intentionally ignoring the easiest path to earn profit.
    07-20-19 04:54 PM
    The answer is self-evident - unless of course you're accusing TCL of intentionally ignoring profit.
    Well then we can say the same regarding many clues we take around here as to the future of the brand. Self-evident; I will remember the term for future use.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-20-19 04:56 PM
    Well then we can say the same regarding many clues we take around here as to the future of the brand. Self-evident; I will remember the term for future use.
    So, you think they are going to Turkey only BECAUSE it's harder and will bear less profit than simply providing more product to the US?
    07-20-19 05:00 PM
    I left my trailerpark in Carnieville and went to Walton Mountain to get the Excursion an oil change. While in the store waiting, I noticed besides TCL branded TVs and phones now, a huge display of TCL branded air conditioner window units.

It appears TCL brand may be less toxic and cheaper overall than licensing any brands..
    Yep, I have one of their window units. Came with a remote. Works great.
    07-20-19 05:00 PM
    So, you think they are going to Turkey only BECAUSE it's harder and will bear less profit than simply providing more product to the US?
    I think that I learned that it's absolutely pointless to try and make any point that you may not agree with otherwise the exchange will be endless therefore what I think doesn't really matter.
    Paulelmar18 and elfabio80 like this.
    07-20-19 05:05 PM
    I think that I learned that it's absolutely pointless to try and make any point that you may not agree with otherwise the exchange will be endless therefore what I think doesn't really matter.
    I don't even know what point it is you're trying to make. It only seemed to me that you didn't like my post, but offered no alternative theory.
    07-20-19 05:13 PM
    I don't even know what point it is you're trying to make. It only seemed to me that you didn't like my post, but offered no other alternative theory.
    Nothing to do with liking or disliking; I simply asked for the source of your determination. Given you may not have or can't provide it you resroted to "self evident" from which point there is no basis for continuation as the discussion won't be based on facts .
    Paulelmar18 and elfabio80 like this.
    07-20-19 05:18 PM
593 ... 34567 ...