Nothing expected until early 2020.
    Thanks. Just saw a thread about a new crowdfunded phone called the Titan. I've gotta think that they're gonna face a lawsuit for patent infringement, but I'd love to try one out.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-19 12:33 PM
    Thanks. Just saw a thread about a new crowdfunded phone called the Titan. I've gotta think that they're gonna face a lawsuit for patent infringement, but I'd love to try one out.

Posted via CB10
    Think of it as a novelty secondary device full of Chinese spyware.
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-04-19 12:37 PM
    Yeah. I'd love to have one to play around with, but would be hesitant to even allow it access to my home wifi.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-19 01:29 PM
    Please Conite, can you give me your source or proof that spyware is being or will being installed on the Titan? I would like to report about it in our forum. I think it is important that all interested community members know about such a spy program.
    elfabio80 and John Albert like this.
    08-04-19 01:45 PM
    Please Conite, can you give me your source or proof that spyware is being or will being installed on the Titan? I would like to report about it in our forum. I think it is important that all interested community members know about such a spy program.
    You bet. Adups is present on the current Atom, so one would expect the Titan to use the same update mechanism.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...re-adups-news/

https://www.slashgear.com/adups-chin...-blu-27493055/

After a download and teardown of the Atom OS (files available online), adups was discovered.

com.adups.fota:
    # begin fota properties
    ro.fota.platform=MTK6763_8.1
    ro.fota.type=phone
    ro.fota.app=5
    ro.fota.oem=agold6763_8.1
    ro.fota.device=Atom
    ro.fota.version=Unihertz_Atom_20190301_20190301-1452
    # end fota properties. (Thanks Thurask)
    Tim Heard likes this.
    08-04-19 01:54 PM
    Thank you very much Conite for your answer. So I'll wait with my report until you can provide proof of the use of spyware on the Unihertz Titan.

And of course I like to bet. Especially if I win. Aren't you?
    John Albert likes this.
    08-04-19 02:02 PM
    Thank you very much Conite for your answer. So I'll wait with my report until you can provide proof of the use of spyware on the Unihertz Titan.

Well, as the Titan doesn't exist yet, we can only go by the history of their two previous devices.
    08-04-19 04:54 PM

He just provided you with the information needed...
    08-04-19 10:23 PM
    He hasn't (yet). He has only expressed speculation because, like all of us, he does not yet have any information.

That's why I won't report it yet, otherwise I might give our community some wrong information. I don't want that.
    John Albert likes this.
    08-04-19 11:12 PM
    He hasn't (yet). He has only expressed speculation because, like all of us, he does not yet have any information.

That's why I won't report it yet, otherwise I might give our community some wrong information. I don't want that.
    Well, a track record of 2 for 2 is a bit more than nothing.
    08-04-19 11:22 PM
    But still not a proved fact. So I'll wait.
    08-04-19 11:26 PM

Be sure to give them information on the first two devices regarding spyware. Like BB supporters, many purchase other models to see what future hardware could be like.
    08-05-19 05:09 AM
    Thanks for the advice, Chuck. However, this is not necessary as we as responsible admins have of course already informed our community about it and discussed it in detail. All Unihertz Titan customers we know and even the team members have still maintained their orders.
    08-05-19 05:34 AM
    You bet. Adups is present on the current Atom, so one would expect the Titan to use the same update mechanism.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...re-adups-news/

https://www.slashgear.com/adups-chin...-blu-27493055/

After a download and teardown of the Atom OS (files available online), adups was discovered.

com.adups.fota:
    # begin fota properties
    ro.fota.platform=MTK6763_8.1
    ro.fota.type=phone
    ro.fota.app=5
    ro.fota.oem=agold6763_8.1
    ro.fota.device=Atom
    ro.fota.version=Unihertz_Atom_20190301_20190301-1452
    # end fota properties. (Thanks Thurask)
    https://sensorstechforum.com/tcl-wea...alled-alcatel/

Also TCL was not that "....transparent"
    08-05-19 05:38 AM
    Be sure to give them information on the first two devices regarding spyware. Like BB supporters, many purchase other models to see what future hardware could be like.

TCL that produces the Bb with Android was also involved with spyware.... This does not mean that the BB with Android are affected, but this shows how Android and their producers may be not so transparent. So before to judge badly TITAN let's see how our favourite brand behaves....

This is not a critical towards you Chuck, but a general reminder for all....
    08-05-19 05:41 AM

TCL that produces the Bb with Android was also involved with spyware.... This does not mean that the BB with Android are affected, but this shows how Android and their producers may be not so transparent. So before to judge badly TITAN let's see how our favourite brand behaves....

This is not a critical towards you Chuck, but a general reminder for all....
    I’m speaking to previous hardware. The possible spyware is so far down the list of problems I have with the device as reported by the company itself. Number one is that I don’t trust crowdfunded projects. If company doesn’t have the necessary capital and can’t obtain conventional financing, public float, private equity or angel capital, success rate becomes severely diminished or at least the product seems.

As far as TCL, I own several Alcatel devices. Not all were affected. The carrier models didn’t have any issues that I could ascertain but what do I know? The factory unlocked A30Plus from Amazon, had the issue though from what I could tell.

The BBMo hardware wasn’t exposed and I believe unlikely since I believe BBAndroid is controlled on the BBL end versus on TCL end with Alcatel hardware. Again l, what do I know?

My default Android OEM before the introduction of BBAndroid was LG and I don’t recall any problems or discovered spyware issues.

Since I dual carry, I chose to get the XR last year since I already had iOS hardware like iPad and iPhone from other lines on my account.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-05-19 06:04 AM
    Totally pulled from Best Buy site now - it used to show up as Sold Out - cannot even find it!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-19 02:58 PM
    Totally pulled from Best Buy site now - it used to show up as Sold Out - cannot even find it!

Posted via CB10
    Still listed with Amazon from other member posting.
    08-06-19 04:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    But are we even surprised at this point...

I think Amazon will be the only retailer in the US for the KEY3
    08-06-19 09:54 PM
    But are we even surprised at this point...

I think Amazon will be the only retailer in the US for the KEY3
    I hope there will be a Key3.
    Highly doubt it at this point.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-06-19 10:41 PM
    I hope there will be a Key3.
    Highly doubt it at this point.
    Sure I expect a Key3 or the Key4 and Key5 would be extremely awkward..
    08-06-19 10:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Go to BlackBerrymobile.com
    Select to buy Key2 LE from BestBuy, then you will be directed to the product page with a red note "Item is no longer available"
    Just like all other BlackBerry devices on BestBuy.
    08-06-19 10:44 PM
    Still listed with Amazon from other member posting.
    The majority of devices are International versions and extremely expensive.
    08-06-19 10:46 PM
    The majority of devices are International versions and extremely expensive.
    What?

KEY2's and LE's that go for $800 + isn't reasonable to you?
    08-07-19 08:15 AM
    What?

KEY2's and LE's that go for $800 + isn't reasonable to you?
    Makes BBMo retail prices seem like downright bargain prices. This reminds me of the early days of the iPhone and people would speculate all over the place about what low to no inventory meant about sales performance.
    08-07-19 11:32 AM
593 ... 21222324