And the plot thickens!
    07-26-19 11:05 AM
    Why do people need to be "communicated" with or hand-held?

Enjoy your device until you don't anymore - at which point, choose the best device for you on the market at that time.
    This is a forum to discuss BlackBerry devices and naturally people will discuss the future of devices. If people did what you suggest then you would get fairly bored and wouldn't be able to jump into every thread to tell us about "running the numbers" lol.

As for a Key3 that people keep wondering about, sure it likely will come but I don't think it will be because BlackBerry Mobile wants to push forward, I think it'll likely come because they may have already sunk costs and made commitments. After that, they'll likely be done. That's my opinion on it. They've run the numbers 😋.
    07-26-19 12:21 PM
    I agree
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    07-26-19 12:28 PM
    This is a forum to discuss BlackBerry devices and naturally people will discuss the future of devices...
    I agree
    Me too!
    anon(10387168) and the_boon like this.
    07-26-19 12:30 PM
    Me too!
    Totally agree! Just the usual shillery from the usual suspects!
    07-26-19 12:46 PM
    Totally agree! Just the usual shillery from the usual suspects!
    I believe you meant to say "suspect" @Crusader03

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    07-26-19 12:52 PM
    I believe you meant to say "suspect" @Crusader03

Bob
    Darn spell correct!
    Bob80220 likes this.
    07-26-19 12:57 PM
    This is a forum to discuss BlackBerry devices and naturally people will discuss the future of devices. If people did what you suggest then you would get fairly bored and wouldn't be able to jump into every thread to tell us about "running the numbers" lol.

As for a Key3 that people keep wondering about, sure it likely will come but I don't think it will be because BlackBerry Mobile wants to push forward, I think it'll likely come because they may have already sunk costs and made commitments. After that, they'll likely be done. That's my opinion on it. They've run the numbers ������.
    What if the numbers were ran last year...
    07-26-19 01:57 PM
    Why so optimistic?
    anon(10387168) and RK_BB like this.
    07-26-19 02:11 PM
    Why so optimistic?
    Because I think BlackBerry knew last year that the licensees weren't meeting their contractual obligations

We know Merah Putih most likely defaulted as they are no more.
    We know Optiemus has only pad a fraction of what they were suppose to, and they think even that was too much.
    Not sure how TCL has done.... But bottom line the Motion was a failure, Enterprise didn't buy into BlackBerry Secure, and sales don't support YoY products.

I have little reason to think BlackBerry Ltd is going to continue on "as is". TCL (not BBMo) might do a KEY3, but I don't think it will be running BlackBerry's Android secure... and thus probable not a fully BlackBerry branded device - just keyboard by BlackBerry.
    John Albert likes this.
    07-26-19 02:54 PM
    Well, at least we would still have a PKB option! Would prefer a K3, but if not. What am I missing?
    07-26-19 03:02 PM
    This is a forum to discuss BlackBerry devices and naturally people will discuss the future of devices.
    No issue with discussion. It's the incessant complaining that BBMo isn't "communicating" sufficiently that I'm talking about.

At the end of the day, as a consumer, you have to do what you need to do when you want to do it.

Nobody owes anybody anything. That goes for both the supplier and the purchaser.
    07-26-19 04:03 PM
    No issue with discussion. It's the incessant complaining that BBMo isn't "communicating" sufficiently that I'm talking about.

At the end of the day, you have to do what you need to do when you want to do it.
    But they don't.
    07-26-19 04:05 PM
    I said serious money, meaning whatever it took. If they thought the price was prohibitive they should have gone Android at that time not later.
    07-26-19 04:10 PM
    I said serious money, meaning whatever it took. If they thought the price was prohibitive they should have gone Android at that time not later.
    What would Netflix do with $10,000 or even $100,000 ?

They didn't want to support a third ecosystem - it's as simple as that.

Now multiply that by 100.
    07-26-19 04:13 PM

At the end of the day, as a consumer, you have to do what you need to do when you want to do it.

Nobody owes anybody anything. That goes for both the supplier and the purchaser.
    I didn't think you were new to CB? Lol. The reality is, when thing were going good (or at least TCL had high hopes) they were constantly communicating. Deafening silence only leads people to one conclusion. And it's the likely out come that BlackBerry devices will likely cease to exist. With the exception of a KEY3 which I believe they are committed to on a lot of fronts. If not, I think they would have packed it in already. All this stuff about still putting out variants in New markets is just stuff I believe they already committed to and sunk costs in which is why they are following through.
    If I'm wrong, and I hope I am, I will admit it. Oh and I also don't see a Pie update coming to the Key2 personally.
    RK_BB and Bob80220 like this.
    07-26-19 04:30 PM
    Well, we all know that clear, concise, non critical communication in Business is a corner stone of a successful business. I wouldn't bore you by listing umpteen examples of this fundamental building block. But some folks have whatever motive to spin rare or non communication into sunshine and unicorns! A fool's errand at best,
    RK_BB likes this.
    07-26-19 04:32 PM
    Oh and I also don't see a Pie update coming to the Key2 personally.
    I am of the same opinion...

Bob
    07-26-19 04:59 PM
    Unfortunately, I reluctantly agree!
    07-26-19 05:11 PM
    Because I think BlackBerry knew last year that the licensees weren't meeting their contractual obligations

We know Merah Putih most likely defaulted as they are no more.
    We know Optiemus has only pad a fraction of what they were suppose to, and they think even that was too much.
    Not sure how TCL has done.... But bottom line the Motion was a failure, Enterprise didn't buy into BlackBerry Secure, and sales don't support YoY products.

I have little reason to think BlackBerry Ltd is going to continue on "as is". TCL (not BBMo) might do a KEY3, but I don't think it will be running BlackBerry's Android secure... and thus probable not a fully BlackBerry branded device - just keyboard by BlackBerry.
    But apparently, according to conite, BBMo's sales have had a 10% YoY increase.

But if this was the case, why wouldn't we be holding a KEY3 in our hands by now already?

Have the KEY2 and LE combined really outsold all variants of the KEYone?

If yes, wouldn't that be satisfactory enough for BBMo?

Or were the development cost higher for the 2 series because there are two different devices? (Even though they're so similar that they practically share the same cases)
    07-26-19 05:50 PM
    I owned the Priv, IMHO the keyboard construction was cheaply done for the price charged. The rest of the device's build was very good.

The Priv had the most geniously designed keyboard of any BlackBerry device, ever.

Ever heard someone complain that a key became loose or detached?

Nope.

Ever heard that liquid or dust got in between the keys?

Nope.

Ever heard of complaints about the capacitive functionality?

Nope.

The Priv's keyboard was failproof by design, not the most enjoyable to type on, but definitely the most reliable.
    Bob80220 and RK_BB like this.
    07-26-19 05:55 PM

But if this was the case, why wouldn't we be holding a KEY3 in our hands by now already?

Have the KEY2 and LE combined really outsold all variants of the KEYone?

If yes, wouldn't that be satisfactory enough for BBMo?

Or were the development cost higher for the 2 series because there are two different devices? (Even though they're so similar that they practically share the same cases)
    Because 10% YoY wasn't enough. I would think they needed 40-50% annual growth to know they were in to something.

Personally, I think anyone trying to enter the Android smartphone market in 2017 was already late to the party. It's no longer an interesting or profitable place for any but the largest companies.

But that's coming from someone who never saw the value of either iOS or Android phones for myself. I just don't see what's so interesting about mobile apps or what they let me do that I can't do better with other tech.

The main "killer apps" of mobile phones are 1) taking photos and sharing them; 2) map integration; and 3) mobile banking/payments.

I don't find any of those terribly useful in my daily life. I use maps, but only occasionally, and I don't share map data with other apps unless it's absolutely required for a particular task, after which I turn it off.

I'm not thrilled with my KEYone, but I still like it more than any of the Samsung, LG, Apple or Google phones.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-26-19 06:10 PM

I'm not thrilled with my KEYone, but I still like it more than any of the Samsung, LG, Apple or Google phones.

That pretty much sums it up for BBOS/BB10 die hards who reluctantly switched to Android.
    07-26-19 06:14 PM
    Not me - the GM of BBMo. But that was back in Feb.
    07-26-19 07:06 PM
    That pretty much sums it up for BBOS/BB10 die hards who reluctantly switched to Android.
    Or in my case, hoped to switch. I've got my KEYone dialed in Just the way I like it, but I only pull it out of bag or pocket if I want the mobile Web, maps or an App. For the 90% of the time I want email, phone, calendar, contacts, tasks or notes, I grab my Z10. It's faster, more accurate and has a nicer UX.

07-26-19 07:25 PM
593 ... 1011121314 ...