Well, this morning I called their office and got a recording so, with my Cantonese speaking daughter-in-law we drove to their office. The receptionist said there was no one that could answer our questions. The questions were, is TCL still producing the key2 and key2LE and would there be a key3? Just as we were departing, I noticed an iPhone X on the receptionist desk, like the one my daughter-in-law uses.
    07-17-19 12:45 PM
    Well, this morning I called their office and got a recording so, with my Cantonese speaking daughter-in-law we drove to their office. The receptionist said there was no one that could answer our questions. The questions were, is TCL still producing the key2 and key2LE and would there be a key3? Just as we were departing, I noticed an iPhone X on the receptionist desk, like the one my daughter-in-law uses.
    I applaud your efforts! Thank you!
    07-17-19 12:46 PM
    Thank you, and that was expected, unfortunately!
    07-17-19 03:24 PM
    Good try, but they were never going to talk to you. Liability as well as (trade secrets as well as marketing issues)
    app_Developer and bh7171 like this.
    07-17-19 03:33 PM
    All international models are identical as far as bands/frequencies.
    What the reasoning for the multiple variants coupled with all the PRDs? Aren't they just creating their own problems? Can't they have a couple or even one international variant with all applicable bands for each region.
    07-17-19 03:38 PM
    Yeah I'm not sure that is definitive of there isn't a BBMo anymore. Answering business related question just isn't done.

Was there any BBMo signage? Any idea how many were working in that department?

What you need to do is follow someone and maybe talk them up away from work... but then your likely to get pegged as a creeper.
    07-17-19 03:46 PM
    We should ask the social media management if they are still in contact with BBMobile or they are just doing their job until their contract is done.
    07-17-19 03:48 PM
    We should ask the social media management if they are still in contact with BBMobile or they are just doing their job until their contract is done.
    My guess is they don't answer question... just post new stock info.
    07-17-19 03:56 PM
    Post a serious device complaint and see what response you get.
    07-17-19 03:58 PM
    What the reasoning for the multiple variants coupled with all the PRDs? Aren't they just creating their own problems? Can't they have a couple or even one international variant with all applicable bands for each region.
    It all has to do with being able to issue an update to a specific device in a specific region.
    07-17-19 04:51 PM
    Yeah I'm not sure that is definitive of there isn't a BBMo anymore. Answering business related question just isn't done.

Was there any BBMo signage? Any idea how many were working in that department?

What you need to do is follow someone and maybe talk them up away from work... but then your likely to get pegged as a creeper.
    Bla1ze himself said he still knew many people that work for BBMo.

I too know a smaller number myself.
    Last edited by conite; 07-17-19 at 06:06 PM.
    07-17-19 04:52 PM
    Not only are you right with your statements, but people are worrying about facts not in evidence. If tomorrow all those people are transferred or let go........it is what it is......enjoy your phone to the fullest. I still enjoy my passport even thou I have to switch over to the Key2 when there is heavy lifting. I just enjoy.
    bh7171 likes this.
    07-17-19 06:04 PM
    Even if the demand is slow, does it really cost them much to dedicate a bit of warehouse space somewhere in the US for a couple hundred/thousand KEY phones at a time?
    I rarely post in these forums, but I just thought I'd share this thought:

I love how when people point out how little it would cost Blackberry Limited to maintain/update/otherwise revive BB10 they are lambasted for it not making "business sense" yet when someone says something related to Blackberry Mobile doesn't make business sense its advocates argue that "it wouldn't cost them much at all."
    07-17-19 10:12 PM
    I rarely post in these forums, but I just thought I'd share this thought:

I love how when people point out how little it would cost Blackberry Limited to maintain/update/otherwise revive BB10 they are lambasted for it not making "business sense" yet when someone says something related to Blackberry Mobile doesn't make business sense its advocates argue that "it wouldn't cost them much at all."
    Reviving BB10 would cost more than making more supply of KEY2's and LE's...
    John Albert likes this.
    07-17-19 10:35 PM
    Reviving BB10 would cost more than making more supply of KEY2's and LE's...
    Perhaps...but it seems like both make equally bad business sense for certain organizations.
    07-18-19 02:59 AM
    Perhaps...but it seems like both make equally bad business sense for certain organizations.
    I don’t advocate losing money and BB along with BBMo seems to agree.
    07-18-19 08:13 AM
    Will Blackberry license their keyboards and software to another licensee in North America now that BlackBerry Mobile is seemingly over?
    07-18-19 01:01 PM
    Will Blackberry license their keyboards and software to another licensee in North America now that BlackBerry Mobile is seemingly over?
    I'm sure if someone were to relieve BBMo of there license.... At this point, I believe we're getting ahead of the known situation.
    07-18-19 01:27 PM
    Someone from BlackBerry Mobile could easily comment and assure customers of their continued viability.
    RK_BB, the_boon, elfabio80 and 1 others like this.
    07-18-19 01:35 PM
    Someone from BlackBerry Mobile could easily comment and assure customers of their continued viability.
    TCL is a big company that will be around for a long time to come. I don't think you could ever get them to comment on individual brands or devices. They only speak when they think it's in their best interest to do so.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    07-18-19 01:52 PM
    TCL is a big company that will be around for a long time to come. I don't think you could ever get them to comment on individual brands or devices. They only speak when they think it's in their best interest to do so.
    In the grand scheme of things, we're just a few panicked fans compared to the bulk of KEYone/2/LE users worldwide.
    TgeekB and Jake2826 like this.
    07-18-19 02:40 PM
    In the grand scheme of things, we're just a few panicked fans compared to the bulk of KEYone/2/LE users worldwide.
    And on top of that, compared to TCL's overall empire, the BBMo devices are just a tiny blip.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-18-19 02:41 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile have a CrackBerry handle and they used it several times in the past, individually responding to user posted issues:
    @BlackBerry Mobile
    07-18-19 02:44 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile have a CrackBerry handle and they used it several times in the past, individually responding to user posted issues:
    @BlackBerry Mobile
    When they want to, sure. But they won't divulge roadmaps.
    07-18-19 03:24 PM
    When they want to, sure. But they won't divulge roadmaps.
    Always negative...
    07-18-19 03:26 PM
593 ... 23456 ...