Yes but I have a son who works in management at Best Buy and the BB mobile phones are toast. Stock or not the store has very little request for these phones so the order came down to clear them out. No reflection on the phone, but people want the new shiny ball it these are not them
    07-16-19 01:21 PM
    so that was you ! ! !...........
    07-16-19 01:23 PM
    In the US market, @BlackBerry Mobile need to cut out Retail and start selling their product consumer direct while they work on carrier relations, that is if they still plan on keeping their doors open for business.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-16-19 01:27 PM
    If it was over, I can't help but wonder why BBMo would keep active on social media such as Instagram where they advertise both the KEY2 and LE, on an almost daily basis.

I don't buy the "they still have inventory to deplete but otherwise it's over".

If it was over, why the continuous marketing ?
    Maybe they signed a 12 month contract with some marketing company specializing in Social Media campaigns....

Maybe this is all due to Trump tariff on China? BBMo can't absorb the additional cost, so they are just pulling out of the US for now??
    07-16-19 01:34 PM
    In the US market, @BlackBerry Mobile need to cut out Retail and start selling their product consumer direct while they work on carrier relations, that is if they still plan on keeping their doors open for business.
    Aren't they essentially doing that with Amazon?

Was Digital River any better for BlackBerry Limited before?
    07-16-19 01:39 PM
    So BlackBerry is dead. RIP.
    07-16-19 01:44 PM
    Is the whole drama the revenge of Alex Thurber?
    07-16-19 01:48 PM
    So BlackBerry is dead. RIP.
    Because BestBuy USA is out of stock?
    john_v likes this.
    07-16-19 01:50 PM
    Aren't they essentially doing that with Amazon?

Was Digital River any better for BlackBerry Limited before?
    If the argument is retailers do not want to get stuck with inventory, hence no product availability then that would be the only solution.
    07-16-19 01:51 PM
    If the argument is retailers do not want to get stuck with inventory, hence no product availability then that would be the only solution.
    No one is worried about being stuck with inventory - that's not how online retailers work anymore. The big boys can send back anything they can't sell.
    07-16-19 01:52 PM
    Because BestBuy USA is out of stock?
    No, because I figured I'd apply the same jump-the-gun conclusions from BB10.
    John Albert likes this.
    07-16-19 01:53 PM
    No one is worried about being stuck with inventory - that's not how online retailers work anymore.
    I was responding to this argument:

Yes................No Best buy is dropping the BlackBerry brand so they do not get stuck with stock like happened with the Priv. Than they have to sell them off.............The cell phone market is crowded and retail space is at a premium. The big guns get the space.......the Keyone/two...no.
    07-16-19 01:54 PM
    I was responding to this argument:
    I understand that, but it's not accurate.
    07-16-19 01:55 PM
    If we see a key3, I will be very surprised.
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    07-16-19 02:59 PM
    Why don't TCl rent a warehouse and sell BlackBerry devices by themselves and directly from their website, like shopblackberry?.

I don't mean a scenario like digital river, but their own storage spaces.
    07-16-19 03:07 PM
    Why don't TCl rent a warehouse and sell BlackBerry devices by themselves and directly from their website, like shopblackberry?.

@conite please explain why this model can't work
    07-16-19 03:13 PM

Much easier to let a retailer who is setup to sell products in "market"... handle that aspect of the business. Complying with tax collection and legalities of individual markets can be complex. Would require a lot of staff to handle this...

Again, I don't think the issue is either Amazon or Best Buy not wanting to sell BBMo products.
    07-16-19 03:13 PM
    Much easier to let a retailer who is setup to sell products in "market"... handle that aspect of the business. Complying with tax collection and legalities of individual markets can be complex. Would require a lot of staff to handle this...

Again, I don't think the issue is either Amazon or Best Buy not wanting to sell BBMo products.
    Agree!
    Amazon is still selling Z10, Bold, and Curve.
    Key2 and Key2 LE are pretty new, but TCL doesn't replenish the US stock. It is very obvious.
    07-16-19 03:16 PM
    @conite please explain why this model can't work

ShopBlackBerry WAS Digital River.

TCL does not have a global distribution infrastructure.

The issue isn't with the existing North American retailers - it's a lack of supply.

Apparently BBMo has run the numbers, and they feel they would not be better off providing significant additional stock to North America.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    07-16-19 03:22 PM
    ShopBlackBerry WAS Digital River.

TCL does not have a global distribution infrastructure.

The issue isn't the existing North American retailers - it's a lack of supply.
    If it were easy to create one... I think Huawei is missing the boat. For TCL or BBMo that just wasn't an option.
    07-16-19 03:27 PM
    Apparently BBMo has run the numbers, and they feel they would not be better off providing significant additional stock to North America
    Yeah no need to. BlackBerry moniker is Black Plague in the USA and has been for almost 10 years. They just won't sell under that name slab or pkb doesn't matter.
    07-16-19 05:05 PM
    With all that transpired in the last couple of weeks, perhaps someone can make a chart that list the US most compatible variants so that the remaining US fans can feel more assured to import a Japanese variant for example.

If @BlackBerry Mobile is pulling out of the US market (strange as their main office is in Orange County / Southern California) then that would be the only way for anyone to get their hands on a new device supplied by an authorized reseller rather than an unknown 3rd party.
    07-16-19 05:12 PM
    With all that transpired in the last couple of weeks, perhaps someone can make a chart that list the US most compatible variants so that the remaining US fans can feel more assured to import a Japanese variant for example.

If @BlackBerry Mobile is pulling out of the US market (strange as their main office is in Orange County / Southern California) then that would be the only way for anyone to get their hands on a new device supplied by an authorized reseller rather than an unknown 3rd party.
    Pulling out of the US is not the right description. Sending stock to markets that still have demand is more accurate.

Devices for NA:

KEY²: BBF100-2
    KEY² LE: BBE100-2 or -5

All others models use international frequencies/bands.
    Jake2826 and oldmangeddyboy like this.
    07-16-19 05:23 PM
    Pulling out of the US is not the right description. Sending stock to markets that still have demand is more accurate.

Devices for NA:

KEY²: BBF100-2
    KEY² LE: BBE100-2 or -5

If @BlackBerry Mobile is sending stock to markets that still have demand then that would be the only way for anyone to get their hands on a new device supplied by an authorized reseller rather than an unknown 3rd party.
    07-16-19 05:26 PM

If @BlackBerry Mobile is sending stock to markets that still have demand then that would be the only way for anyone to get their hands on a new device supplied by an authorized reseller rather than an unknown 3rd party.
    Those would be all international models anyway.
    07-16-19 05:29 PM
593 1234 ...