With the close of traditional bbm, they give one year free trial for enterprise, and it really rocks. As you know is the same that bbm but all better. It is perfect to communication between platforms. I've installed it on my tablet and mobile and works flawlessly.
    We could make a key2/key2le users group maybe.
    G.
    EF02C8AA
    04-18-19 08:37 PM
    All you need now is all your friends and family willing to pay to use it. Easy peasy.
    04-19-19 06:29 AM
    With the close of traditional bbm, they give one year free trial for enterprise, and it really rocks. As you know is the same that bbm but all better. It is perfect to communication between platforms. I've installed it on my tablet and mobile and works flawlessly.
    We could make a key2/key2le users group maybe.
    G.
    EF02C8AA
    It's 6 months then 2.75€ every 6 months. For me it's symbolic and great news that the non secure BBM from Emtek has closed. Because now, consumers can use the secure BBM Enterprise version.
    Every cloud has a silver lining. No hay mal que por bien no venga. ¿Verdad?
    drobbie likes this.
    04-19-19 07:44 AM
    did you have to create yet another BBID? it won't accept either of mine.
    04-21-19 06:50 PM
    did you have to create yet another BBID? it won't accept either of mine.
    If your BBID was EVER attached to BBM on Android or iOS, then yes.
    04-21-19 06:58 PM
    Ok, I just installed BBMe. It looks clean... a little too clean!

BBM Enterprise rocks.-screenshot_20190421-211257.jpg
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-21-19 08:14 PM
    Ok, I just installed BBMe. It looks clean... a little too clean!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190421-211257.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	444028
    EF056135
    04-21-19 08:18 PM
    Thanks to Chuck I now have one BBMe contact!

So I fired up my 9983 to see how this whole BBMe on multiple devices thingy works.... I don't think I really understood how this whole deal works.

After powering on the 9983 I went to BlackBerry World and searched for "BBMe". Searched returned nothing. I was convinced that the BBM on my 9983 was different from BBMe. Turns out they're the same.

So then I opened BBM and got the login screen. I entered the user/psswd that I had created on BBMe on my KEY2 LE and it worked. There was Chuck, my lone contact. But I thought that if I had used my legacy BBM account on an Android, the login wouldn't work. Wait, did I actually create a new login in BBMe on my KEY2 LE? Can't remember! Order of operations!

Nevermind, now I'm in BBM(e) on my 9983, but then I look at my KEY2 LE and see that I've been logged out of BBMe! Aren't I supposed to be able to be on 5 devices simultaneously?

So far this has been a not-so-interesting experiment!

Silver lining, while I had the 9983 powered up, I sideloaded the latest version of WhatsApp. Works like a charm! And now, what was previously the main blocker to me using a BB10 device (that being that I could no longer login into BB10 BBM with my Emtek BBM login), I can now rely on WhatsApp to keep me connected! Oh the irony!

Super excited to be using a BB10 device (on weekends only) again!
    04-21-19 09:31 PM
    Thanks to Chuck I now have one BBMe contact!

So I fired up my 9983 to see how this whole BBMe on multiple devices thingy works.... I don't think I really understood how this whole deal works.

After powering on the 9983 I went to BlackBerry World and searched for "BBMe". Searched returned nothing. I was convinced that the BBM on my 9983 was different from BBMe. Turns out they're the same.

So then I opened BBM and got the login screen. I entered the user/psswd that I had created on BBMe on my KEY2 LE and it worked. There was Chuck, my lone contact. But I thought that if I had used my legacy BBM account on an Android, the login wouldn't work. Wait, did I actually create a new login in BBMe on my KEY2 LE? Can't remember! Order of operations!

Nevermind, now I'm in BBM(e) on my 9983, but then I look at my KEY2 LE and see that I've been logged out of BBMe! Aren't I supposed to be able to be on 5 devices simultaneously?

So far this has been a not-so-interesting experiment!

Silver lining, while I had the 9983 powered up, I sideloaded the latest version of WhatsApp. Works like a charm! And now, what was previously the main blocker to me using a BB10 device (that being that I could no longer login into BB10 BBM with my Emtek BBM login), I can now rely on WhatsApp to keep me connected! Oh the irony!

Super excited to be using a BB10 device (on weekends only) again!
    You have to go to the online portal to set up the multiple devices.
    04-21-19 09:34 PM
    Based on my own usage of the service, there are two ways to get multiple devices.

First and they way I expect BB intends for individual users, is by simply logging into your other devices with the same BBID. The app will prompt you, asking if you want that to become your main device, and if not, it will ask you to use your main device to confirm a code so you can add the new device to the list of 5.

Second is what Conite has described. The online IDP portal is really for Enterprise BBMe IT managers. It will allow you to add multiple different BBIDs to your main BBID account. This is different from the 1st way because the first way is the exact same BBID, shared on 5 devices, while the 2nd is having completely different users signed up to your Enterprise so you can message each other.

While the 1st method works with BB10 devices, I'm not certain if it works with BBOS devices.

There are many other settings in the IDP control panel worth looking at.
    04-21-19 10:32 PM
    Actually, they aren't the same. To switch to BBMe on BB10, open BBM, swipe down from the top and open settings, scroll all the way down and hit the "Switch to BBM Enterprise" button.

This is probably why you didn't get the prompt about using this as your main device or using it side by side with the same account.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-19 06:34 AM
    Why chen didn't think about this? it could replace part of his SAF. If he host secure email for 5 dollar per month, he might come ahead of SAF. Video chat still working? with 5G coming, additional 5 dollar per month should take care of all secure communication (total less than 12 dollar per month subscribe fee).
    04-22-19 07:16 AM
    Why chen didn't think about this? it could replace part of his SAF. If he host secure email for 5 dollar per month, he might come ahead of SAF. Video chat still working? with 5G coming, additional 5 dollar per month should take care of all secure communication (total less than 12 dollar per month subscribe fee).
    They did all of this math, and decided it wouldn't work long ago.

They are making far better ROI in their business and commercial software.
    04-22-19 08:09 AM
    Actually, they aren't the same. To switch to BBMe on BB10, open BBM, swipe down from the top and open settings, scroll all the way down and hit the "Switch to BBM Enterprise" button.

This is probably why you didn't get the prompt about using this as your main device or using it side by side with the same account.

Posted via CB10
    I decided to go that way on my Classic and now I only get "temporary server error" at every try. And I can't go back.
    04-22-19 09:09 AM
    I decided to go that way on my Classic and now I only get "temporary server error" at every try. And I can't go back.
    I'm doing a test on an old Leap I have, I'll let you know if it worked...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-19 09:12 AM
    I'm doing a test on an old Leap I have, I'll let you know if it worked...

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, I'm getting the same error.
    I'm pretty sure BlackBerry is trying to get things straightened out.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-19 11:35 AM
    Unfortunately, I'm getting the same error.
    I'm pretty sure BlackBerry is trying to get things straightened out.

Posted via CB10
    I'm getting the same error as well. Right now I've got BBMe running on my KEY2 LE and my desktop. Although everytime I log into my desktop version, I have to re-enter a device registration code on my KEY2 LE in order to allow the login, even though on my BBMe profile, both devices are registered.

There still seems to be a lot of kinks to be ironed out. No way my previous BBM contacts (all of which are iSheep) would have the patience for any of this.
    04-22-19 12:59 PM
    I'm getting the same error as well. Right now I've got BBMe running on my KEY2 LE and my desktop. Although everytime I log into my desktop version, I have to re-enter a device registration code on my KEY2 LE in order to allow the login, even though on my BBMe profile, both devices are registered.

There still seems to be a lot of kinks to be ironed out. No way my previous BBM contacts (all of which are iSheep) would have the patience for any of this.
    I got this from BB just now:

"Hi,

Good day and I hope you had a great weekend.

Please be advised that your BBM concern is being consulted with our Analysts with updates being available within 24-48 hours. I will reach out to you as soon as updates are available.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation throughout this process.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Abby"

Let's see what the updates bring!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ben xfg; 04-22-19 at 05:40 PM.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    04-22-19 05:03 PM
    all of which are iSheep
    04-22-19 08:13 PM
    all of which are iSheep
    🤣🤣🤣
    Wasn’t funny 10 years ago, and didn’t age well.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-22-19 08:27 PM
    Wasn’t funny 10 years ago, and didn’t age well.
    Aside from the herd getting bigger and iPhones getting more expensive, yup, nothing changed.
    04-22-19 09:30 PM
    Does somebody knows why videoconference are not safe on BBM enterprise? When making the call, there is a red padlock on the screen but it is open. If you select it, just say the call it's not safe.
    04-25-19 04:39 AM
    Does somebody knows why videoconference are not safe on BBM enterprise? When making the call, there is a red padlock on the screen but it is open. If you select it, just say the call it's not safe.
    Does it also show unprotected if you make a BBMe voice call or a one on one video call?

Normally, BBMe comes in two subscription levels - text only and a voice/video addon for extra cost.

Maybe some other BBMe Individual license users can confirm if this is the case for them also?

Could be that the individual license doesn't include the additional encrypted voice/video package.
    04-25-19 04:14 PM
    Does BBMe have Glympse?
    04-25-19 06:02 PM
    Does BBMe have Glympse?
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-19 06:54 PM
26 12