I have a Key2 LE BBE100-5 (Verizon version.)

The other day, the audio suddenly died during a long speakerphone call.

The speaker no longer works, including ringer, notification tones, media, etc.

The phone is otherwise working perfectly.

I checked all the settings and managed to get a half second of a distorted ringtone. Then nothing at all.

Checked for updates. The phone is fully up to date.

I eventually performed a factory reset. Didn't help.

The phone is now in the shop. The tech opened the unit and found it absolutely pristine inside. He is going to order a speaker-vibrator board, but is otherwise stumped. He suggested buying a new phone if the speaker board doesn't work. (He will not charge me if the repair does not solve the problem.)

Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks!
    01-14-21 09:30 PM

I checked all the settings and managed to get a half second of a distorted ringtone. Then nothing at all.

The phone is now in the shop. The tech opened the unit and found it absolutely pristine inside. He is going to order a speaker-vibrator board, but is otherwise stumped. He suggested buying a new phone if the speaker board doesn't work. (He will not charge me if the repair does not solve the problem.)

Thanks!
    Not sure what there is to add.
    01-14-21 11:41 PM
    I had the same exact problem on my Keyone. new speaker assembly fixed mine. Most repair shops do not use oem BlackBerry parts. I would highly recommend factory parts. it will probably take twice as long to get your phone back but well worth it. When non factory parts are used the "usually" do not work correctly and create other negative side affects. in your case speaker may not sound the same and could have echoing. Please report back on your results.
    01-15-21 12:37 AM
    I had the same exact problem on my Keyone. new speaker assembly fixed mine. Most repair shops do not use oem BlackBerry parts. I would highly recommend factory parts. it will probably take twice as long to get your phone back but well worth it. When non factory parts are used the "usually" do not work correctly and create other negative side affects. in your case speaker may not sound the same and could have echoing. Please report back on your results.
    Are there factory parts available? How does one know?
    01-15-21 05:44 AM

Thanks!
    It should work fine after he installs the replacement loudspeaker.

If that doesn't fix it, I'd sell it as "for parts - no loudspeaker" on eBay and you could probably get $170 $200 for it (minus eBay, PayPal and shipping).
    Though the buyer would then probably attempt the same exact repair as you, unless he's always got earbuds on and leaves the phone on vibrate all the time.

Then, you could use that money (and add a bit on top) towards another LE.
    Last edited by the_boon; 01-17-21 at 08:14 AM.
    01-15-21 10:23 AM
    Are there factory parts available? How does one know?
    You can usually find them used on ebay.
    01-15-21 05:39 PM
    Thanks boon & everyone. I will report back on the repair.
    01-15-21 08:39 PM
    Hey Everybody- the shop replaced the loudspeaker board, but the speaker is still dead. They are stumped and advised replacing the phone. Looks like Verizon compatible Key2 phones are somewhat scarce. I may temporarily revert to an earlier Blackberry if I can find one that Verizon still accepts.
    01-30-21 04:39 PM