According to BB support the atomic LE is due in december
    Attached Thumbnails Atomic due in December....-12506.jpg  
    11-14-18 07:03 AM
    So they're gonna miss the thanksgiving/black friday/cyber Monday boat??

Why??
    11-14-18 09:02 AM
    Did you ask where in particular?
    11-14-18 09:27 AM
    Asked about the USA. but being BB mobile they had to add "the schedule is subject to change". 😂
    Last edited by Efraim Cooper; 11-14-18 at 11:34 AM.
    11-14-18 10:57 AM
    So they're gonna miss the thanksgiving/black friday/cyber Monday boat??

Why??
    Last thing BlackBerry cares about is pricing lol

Posted via CB10
    hjc73734 likes this.
    11-14-18 11:41 PM
    Last thing BlackBerry cares about is pricing lol

Posted via CB10
    It's a niche market... They do care about pricing, but general consumer sales periods don't really fit in with their whole "plan".

People looking at an Atomic KEY2 LE will buy it with or without a sale - and they know that.
    11-15-18 12:58 PM

People looking at an Atomic KEY2 LE will buy it with or without a sale - and they know that.
    What about non BB users looking for a new smartphone who stumble across a discounted LE (especially Atomic) and decide to buy it instead of a slab, mostly because of the discount ?
    11-15-18 01:35 PM
    Does TCL not know the United States starts the holiday shopping right after Halloween??? Is TCL that blind to shopping patterns of the U.S.??? Why tease us with color options when none are made available for us to purchase???
    phuoc and MB64 like this.
    11-15-18 01:50 PM
    Does TCL not know the United States starts the holiday shopping right after Halloween??? Is TCL that blind to shopping patterns of the U.S.??? Why tease us with color options when none are made available for us to purchase???
    Well, Slate has been around in the U.S. for about a month or so now, and champagne has just started to be released (not in U.S. yet).

Atomic is the big one, and I just don't see the point of holding back on it. Every day that goes by without it being in carrier/retailer shelves means lost sales.

Really don't understand their strategy here.
    phuoc likes this.
    11-15-18 02:06 PM
    Well, Slate has been around in the U.S. for about a month or so now, and champagne has just started to be released (not in U.S. yet).

Atomic is the big one, and I just don't see the point of holding back on it. Every day that goes by without it being in carrier/retailer shelves means lost sales.

Really don't understand their strategy here.
    I personally don't consider slate a color option. As my daughter would say it's just a basic ***** color. Pretty much no color effort. It's like buying the base model of a truck. No options, ugly *** cheap black bumpers, and stock crap rims
    phuoc likes this.
    11-15-18 02:12 PM
    What about non BB users looking for a new smartphone who stumble across a discounted LE (especially Atomic) and decide to buy it instead of a slab, mostly because of the discount ?
    BlackBerry, and now TCL by extension, dropped out of the retail race five years ago. They are still experimenting with what will sell and at what price point. Expecting them to play the holiday discount game with niche products in 2018 is not realistic.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-15-18 02:16 PM
    BlackBerry, and now TCL by extension, dropped out of the retail race five years ago. They are still experimenting with what will sell and at what price point. Expecting them to play the holiday discount game with niche products in 2018 is not realistic.
    Who said anything about a holiday discount?? It's just idiotic to finally release the Atomic Key2 LE phone everyone wants "sometime" in December in the United States. Most people have spent all thier money on gifts already by then. No experimenting is needed. It's common sense
    phuoc likes this.
    11-15-18 02:30 PM
    I personally don't consider slate a color option. As my daughter would say it's just a basic ***** color. Pretty much no color effort. It's like buying the base model of a truck. No options, ugly *** cheap black bumpers, and stock crap rims
    The only disappointment I have is that the Champagne doesn't have champagne frets.

I have the Slate and believe me, in the daylight it's not "just black"
    11-15-18 02:39 PM
    Who said anything about a holiday discount?? It's just idiotic to finally release the Atomic Key2 LE phone everyone wants "sometime" in December in the United States. Most people have spent all thier money on gifts already by then. No experimenting is needed. It's common sense
    And no business sense.
    11-15-18 02:56 PM
    Who said anything about a holiday discount??
    LOL It's literally in the first sentence I quoted.

It's just idiotic to finally release the Atomic Key2 LE phone everyone wants "sometime" in December in the United States. Most people have spent all thier money on gifts already by then. No experimenting is needed. It's common sense
    Ahh, the tired old "everyone wants" argument. If everyone truly wanted a red phone the stores would be full of them. TCL has been nothing but cautious in rolling out their BlackBerry brand, and should be given the benefit of the doubt on just what is necessary to keep the enterprise profitable enough to be worth the effort.
    11-15-18 03:41 PM
    I agree Atomic should be available now, but I wouldn't expect a discount on it.
    11-16-18 08:35 AM
    Hey, at least we have some complaints on the lack of an LE (Atomic) color! Haha. I agree it should be available now, but I wouldn't expect a discount on it. As for Slate, it is NOT a boring black color. It's a unique frosty (almost metallic) blue/green shade of deep gray. Color aside, what's cool is that the frame, keys/chin and back are all the same color with the frets matching the black of the screen. It's a lot better looking in person than pictures indicate.
    Color aside, what's cool is that the frame, keys/chin and back are all the same color with the frets matching the black of the screen. It's a lot better looking in person than pictures indicate.
    Yeah, but I would have preferred silver frets that match the rear logo and camera ring
    11-16-18 09:04 AM
    Yeah, but I would have preferred silver frets that match the rear logo and camera ring
    I'm fine with black frets, but your idea certainly would be a Classic touch! I'm just surprised at how much I like this "boring" color. The color consistency (back, frame, keys, etc.) is like that of the Passport red edition. That can't be said for the Champagne, or even the Atomic.
    11-18-18 10:56 AM
    They call that a work truck. I think dodge calls it a tradesman. Also known as what a truck was originally for.
    DThomps99, bibbula and JeddClampet like this.
    11-18-18 12:14 PM
    It's a niche market... They do care about pricing, but general consumer sales periods don't really fit in with their whole "plan".

Probably doesnt help that Ive emailed them twice this fall asking about availability. They can charge me $75 more for red lol
    11-27-18 07:49 PM
    Probably doesnt help that Ive emailed them twice this fall asking about availability. They can charge me $75 more for red lol
    If you're in Europe area, you can already pre-order it from the BB Mobile EU store and it'll ship starting on December 6th (QWERTY keypad, 64gb dual sim with EU plug)
    11-28-18 03:53 AM
    If you're in Europe area, you can already pre-order it from the BB Mobile EU store and it'll ship starting on December 6th (QWERTY keypad, 64gb dual sim with EU plug)
    Yep. Just hoping it pops up soon in shops that can do business to business ex vat invoices. Cause, you know, Christmas is literally round the corner...
    11-29-18 09:28 AM
    As they say in the States, "My bad."
    I've seen that the BBMO EU store now has a corporate service offering Tax-exempt purchases, so I've signed up and my VAT code has been accepted.

"Thank you for registering on the BlackBerry Mobile Corporate Store.

This email confirms that we have received your application and will begin reviewing it. In the event additional information is needed, we will contact you.

To ensure preferential pricing is applied, your account may take a few hours to be reviewed and activated. Once your application has been approved you will receive your login credentials."

Looks like I'll be getting yule tide atomic red for Xmas after all...
    Last edited by mrsimon; 11-29-18 at 04:14 PM.
    11-29-18 03:53 PM
    Just got a dispatch notice from BB EU store 7 days ahead of schedule!
    11-29-18 04:14 PM