I totally understand most things aren't an overnight success taking time to establish, more difficult in this case too because of BB's past history which is a big hurdle to overcome in its own right. Yet what is BBMo/TCL really doing to help erase some of the negativity of the past in attempts to resurrect the brand, again? Not very much from what I am seeing which is why many people still refer to BBMo as “BlackBerry of old”?

When BBMo/TCL had a delay in the launch of the LE I thought “sh*t happens”. But when it did finally become available and they left out two of the most sought after colours, an instant red flag was raised. With today’s technologies and knowing TCL isn’t new to the mobile realm I do not buy, for one split second, there were any sort of manufacturing difficulties or their resources were limited. The way I see it, this was their feeble attempt at playing charades like the big boys which in this instance, isn’t the time or the place. Like I said before, they've had many opportunities that they seem content to swindle away. We won’t even get into the colour surcharge as that has just become icing on the cake, in a bad way.

Should have mentioned I'm very content with Android as an OS (my wife iOS) so no real issues there in regards to speed or functionality. This is coming from someone who was on the Windows Phone train-to-nowhere (still own thee), prior to WP it was again Android... could easily adapt to iOS if need be but since it's not my fav and we don't have too, we didn't.
    For people not following closely, all they see is new BlackBerry devices available regularly. They never knew that any were late.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 12-09-18 at 05:30 AM.
    12-06-18 04:00 PM
    For people not following closely, all they see is new BlackBerry devices available regularly. They never new that any were late.

So what are you saying, there's only BB Loyalists or those not following closely but no inbetweener's?

I was the latter following relatively closely w/DTEK series and much more so when KeyONE was announced, kept more or less silent until we obtained the Motion. Surely there are many many maaaany more just like me that are in the know yet sit and observe silently.
    Last edited by Elky64; 12-06-18 at 08:34 PM.
    12-06-18 07:31 PM
    Nobody in their right mind will spend an extra $50 for a color change when they damn well know it's going to be reduced to the same price as the the Slate after the holidays. If it's not, this is another dumb mistake by BlackBerry Mobile.
    phuoc and Bbfan1614 like this.
    12-07-18 06:18 AM
    Nobody in their right mind will spend an extra $50 for a color change when they damn well know it's going to be reduced to the same price as the the Slate after the holidays. If it's not, this is another dumb mistake by BlackBerry Mobile.
    Why?

If it's a limited run, and people are willing to pay more for it, and they move all of their inventory, why is this a mistake?
    12-07-18 07:21 AM
    Why?

If it's a limited run, and people are willing to pay more for it, and they move all of their inventory, why is this a mistake?
    The numbers will say otherwise I can almost guarantee. Those who wanted a KEY2LE bad enough already picked one up in Slate.
    phuoc, Bbfan1614 and Elky64 like this.
    12-07-18 07:45 AM
    It's the same as any other fashion item. Some people want to ensure they get one and will buy it at full retail. Other will risk not getting one but would be willing to pick one up at a discount.

BlackBerry Mobile's goal is to maximize revenue from a limited run, and to experiment with pricing to get useful information for future products. They probably know they will sell out the entire run, so it's smart to get that extra $50 from consumers who are happy to pay it.

They're trying to maximize profit, not sales volume. It's often more profitable to sell fewer devices at a higher price.

phuoc likes this.
    12-07-18 08:52 AM
    Why?

Why?

Brand negativity!

A new low when we start charging a premium for colours especially in these instances. Don't expect those who can't do without their PKB to see past the keyboard itself as they are getting what they want - FOR NOW!
    12-07-18 12:21 PM
    Why?

Brand negativity!

A new low when we start charging a premium for colours especially in these instances. Don't expect those who can't do without their PKB to see past the keyboard itself as they are getting what they want - FOR NOW!
    Get the Slate if you want to save $50. If you want a piece of a small batch special colour, why is it an issue to pay a bit extra? The entitlement here is astonishing.
    12-07-18 12:26 PM
    The numbers will say otherwise I can almost guarantee. Those who wanted a KEY2LE bad enough already picked one up in Slate.
    Hear hear... Even if they sell them "all" the negativity it will or has generated will outweigh the profits made on the long-term scale.
    12-07-18 12:36 PM
    Get the Slate if you want to save $50. If you want a piece of a small batch special colour, why is it an issue to pay a bit extra? The entitlement here is astonishing.
    Has absolutely nothing to do with my point and you know it. Stunts like this especially where BB is concerned is just going to be detrimental to the brand.
    12-07-18 12:43 PM
    Has absolutely nothing to do with my point and you know it. Stunts like this especially where BB is concerned is just going to be detrimental to the brand.
    3 things will happen:

1 - All the special colours will sell out.

2 - Buyers will be very happy with their purchase, and will only think positively of BBMo.

3 - BBMo may make a bit more money, and will be further encouraged to do special things like this going forward.
    12-07-18 12:50 PM
    Heck they only have 4 guys on the line, 1, looking for the phone 2 wrapping and boxing 3 shipping 4 answering the phone.... what more do you want
    12-07-18 02:28 PM
    There was a fifth guy sending the Red model to Canada but they laid him off
    phuoc likes this.
    12-07-18 02:40 PM
    There was a fifth guy sending the Red model to Canada but they laid him off
    He's in my trunk, along with 100 Atomic LEs.
    12-07-18 03:07 PM
    I'm one of the capricious consumers who waited to pick up a red version. On the EU site they're priced the same as the other colours, and if you get it without the tax through your company....

However, Conite's actions may drive the price up!!
    12-09-18 01:25 AM
    Atomic is now available at WorstBuy for the regular $449. Seems like the markup was an error or maybe early adopters fee.
    12-09-18 03:31 AM
    Atomic is now available at WorstBuy for the regular $449. Seems like the markup was an error or maybe early adopters fee.
    Finally the regular price
    12-09-18 05:51 AM
    Slate offered for $399 with $50 activation credit or $449 without. Atomic offered at $449 only. Champagne listed at $499. All this as of five minutes ago on BestBuyUSA website.
    12-09-18 08:59 AM
    Best Buy is so ****ed up. At my local store they have the Key 2LE on the floor with 649 price and listed as Key 2. I have told them on several occasions it was wrong and misleading to buyers and they pass it off each time that the tags are automatically controlled, which I know they are, however if they listed it correctly as the Key 2 LE it would price correctly. How many potential sales has this prevented? It's utter BS but nobody @ BlackBerry Mobile is paying for floor space or such so Best Buy could care less.
    12-09-18 12:30 PM
    Best Buy is so ****ed up. At my local store they have the Key 2LE on the floor with 649 price and listed as Key 2. I have told them on several occasions it was wrong and misleading to buyers and they pass it off each time that the tags are automatically controlled, which I know they are, however if they listed it correctly as the Key 2 LE it would price correctly. How many potential sales has this prevented? It's utter BS but nobody @ BlackBerry Mobile is paying for floor space or such so Best Buy could care less.
    The one by me in Brandon, FL has the LE Slate on display priced correctly. Even has prominent location among the factory unlocked device area, properly charged and everything. The major problem is that it’s not carrier supported and therefore, salespeople have less encouragement to sell. The activation offer ($50 off) is through Cricket and not AT&T parent company. Even though in front center display area, the salespeople focus on the center of the center display area with carrier devices where they get paid on phone sales and plan sales.
    12-09-18 01:12 PM
    I noticed online that my local Best Buy had the Atomic LE in store, they only had one. I bought it. Very impressed so far. What's funny is that if I was a minute later someone else would have bought it.
    12-09-18 04:51 PM
    It's the same as any other fashion item. Some people want to ensure they get one and will buy it at full retail. Other will risk not getting one but would be willing to pick one up at a discount.

BlackBerry Mobile's goal is to maximize revenue from a limited run, and to experiment with pricing to get useful information for future products. They probably know they will sell out the entire run, so it's smart to get that extra $50 from consumers who are happy to pay it.

They're trying to maximize profit, not sales volume. It's often more profitable to sell fewer devices at a higher price.

Hey, I get it. For some people it is a fashion statement to go with that red new year's dress, for example. Makes perfect sense. Some people will pay WAY more than fifty extra dollars for that perfect tie or heels to go with an outfit. It isn't always about the cheapest price.
    From a completely different business, here is an analogy: there is an iris farm not far from us that develops new hybrid varieties of irises and sells them worldwide. When they are first released they can cost 3 or 4 times as much per bulb as they do after they have been around awhile.
    12-10-18 01:01 AM
47 12